Harvin Requests Trade From Vikings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    I have yet to see Elway and Fox make any giant gamble with draft picks. It doesn't seem to be their style, unlike McD who pays a 4th for Laurence Maroney and a future 1st for Alphonso Smith.

Besides Manning, who still didn't cost any draft picks, they seem to be fairly frugal.
    Normally I'd agree. But then again they've probably been frugal because no other talent like PH has been available until now. Im sorry but a few semi decent names are not worth draft picks in their minds. But if a chance to land a huge play maker on not just offense but special teams show up. I can almost guarantee they'd be interested. (not saying they WILL do anything. But you know the temptation is very much there and they are definitely considering)

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      On top of the fact that the Vikings aren't trading Harvin, you'd HAVE to make sure you had Harvin restructure when the trade went down. What would guarantee Harvin signing a deal? The only way he'd sign it is if it was a fairly exorbitant deal. We already have too many of our own guys going into contract talks. We honestly can't even afford him.
      When Percy refuses to play, and the best option available comes around the corner.. they will trade him. End of story.

As for Denver affording him, I agree. However you and I both know that sacrifices can and will be made to afford a player with such talent as Percy..

Look I'm not a "omg go grab percy" fanboy. I'm just stating that if the opportunity is there, and Elway legitimately has a chance to throw a bid down, he's not going to be conservative. It'd be different if Percy was and older guy.. much different. But the kid is young, he's talented and he makes plays. Dude had a career season last year with... Ponder?!?!?...

Makes you think

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
        When Percy refuses to play, and the best option available comes around the corner.. they will trade him. End of story.

As for Denver affording him, I agree. However you and I both know that sacrifices can and will be made to afford a player with such talent as Percy..

Look I'm not a "omg go grab percy" fanboy. I'm just stating that if the opportunity is there, and Elway legitimately has a chance to throw a bid down, he's not going to be conservative. It'd be different if Percy was and older guy.. much different. But the kid is young, he's talented and he makes plays. Dude had a career season last year with... Ponder?!?!?...

Makes you think
        He's only due 915k guaranteed, and I guarantee you its already been paid to him. He's not going anywhere, the Vikings will never trade him.

He's just throwing a fit because Randy Moss said he should.

I'm not denying he's a playmaker, but he's also a future headache (no pun intended) in the making. Plus he seems to have a real attitude towards authority, as shown when his teammates had to pull him off Brad Childress and then he threw a weight at him.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

The Vikings aren't going to trade him. The Broncos are not going to give the 1st that the Vikings would want for him.

/thread
          Winner..............

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
            You sound so confident. Really. Elway is in a win now state. He just loaded at CB, he loaded at linebacker, he found "his guy" behind Peyton. All we are really looking to address is a few bits and pieces on the O + the inner line and maybe the safety tandem...

Percy is young, and explosive.. With Manning, DT, and Decker, he knows he can score almost any time the ball is snapped. Plus an amazing group to develop his new QB with. I'm sorry but if a first lands this guy and gives us a huge weapon to win now.. I'm sure he's fine with losing a first. Seriously. We traded out of the first this draft.. we're hoping to do even BETTER this year..

I can see us trading that first for Percy in a heart beat.
            Even though we are in "win now", Elway/Fox haven't traded a top pick for anyone.

Bunkley was a 5th or 6th.

They've kept all the top picks.

And Manning cost us no picks.

I like Harvin, but no way i give up a 1st for him.

Comment

Well

We actually traded our top picks down

But I know what you mean
              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

We'll trade P-daddy Manning for him.
                sigpic
                2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Harvin for decker and a 5th

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                    Even though we are in "win now", Elway/Fox haven't traded a top pick for anyone.

Bunkley was a 5th or 6th.

They've kept all the top picks.

And Manning cost us no picks.

I like Harvin, but no way i give up a 1st for him.
                    True, and to be honest the conservative frugal outlook of Fox and Elway could also be based on available talent and age. Nobody has come around with the enormous amount of talent and youth that would be worth giving up. Percy's talent at his young age is very rare.

Again I can see the FO being tempted to do this. Not saying they will and not even saying they should. But look at it from that point of view. Peyton with Thomas, Harvin, and rotating Deck and Stokes in the slot... Very very lethal combination.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                      We'll trade P-daddy Manning for him.
                      They wouldn't take that. Let's give them Miller! They'll take that.
                      sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                      Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                        They wouldn't take that. Let's give them Miller! They'll take that.
                        Absolutely! We only trade big daddy P for Ponder

Manning + Miller for Ponder and Percy!!

Superbowl!

Comment

• Well thinking about this the vikings are very unlikely to trade harvin, however if the situation becomes dire and they have no choice we could be players. If they do have to move him, a WR will be required, most would think that would be either DT or Decker but I think we could offer a better trade. Probably the only other position depleted as WR for the vikes is LB. Outside of Greenway they have journeymen and Henderson(signed a 1 year deal). A guy like DJ would be perfect for them opposite Greenway. Leaving us to play WW or Trevethan, not a terrible thing. Then we need to throw in a guy like Caldwell, and a 3rd(2nd based on performance) and its a very fair offer for both teams.
                          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• There was a report last summer around this time where Percy Harvin was talking about how he hadn't had a migraine in 5 or 6 months. He said he visited some doctors and they corrected the problem that he had in his neck or something to that effect. I'd be more worried about Harvin passing a drug test in Denver than I would be about his migraines at this point. Even with the migraines, he only missed 3 games. A lot of practice too but only 3 games and he played the whole season last year so there could be some truth to that report

Comment

• Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                              True, and to be honest the conservative frugal outlook of Fox and Elway could also be based on available talent and age. Nobody has come around with the enormous amount of talent and youth that would be worth giving up. Percy's talent at his young age is very rare.

Again I can see the FO being tempted to do this. Not saying they will and not even saying they should. But look at it from that point of view. Peyton with Thomas, Harvin, and rotating Deck and Stokes in the slot... Very very lethal combination.
                              True but the cost of his talent still needs to be considered
                              2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

• One could argue that he's been the best WR that came out of that draft (so far), except for Mike Wallace and Quan Cosby, of course
                                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Working...
                                X