Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvin Requests Trade From Vikings

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
    True, and to be honest the conservative frugal outlook of Fox and Elway could also be based on available talent and age. Nobody has come around with the enormous amount of talent and youth that would be worth giving up. Percy's talent at his young age is very rare.

    Again I can see the FO being tempted to do this. Not saying they will and not even saying they should. But look at it from that point of view. Peyton with Thomas, Harvin, and rotating Deck and Stokes in the slot... Very very lethal combination.
    Its not really about Fox and Elway. When was the last time ANY team gave up a first for a player (not draft pick) ? Cutler ? and for a non-QB its probably longer.

    Its not just the draft pick but the massive contract. Hence why no team wanted any part of Wallace

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
      Its not really about Fox and Elway. When was the last time ANY team gave up a first for a player (not draft pick) ? Cutler ? and for a non-QB its probably longer.

      Its not just the draft pick but the massive contract. Hence why no team wanted any part of Wallace
      Don't you mean Harvin? If so, his contract is a steal
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
        Its not really about Fox and Elway. When was the last time ANY team gave up a first for a player (not draft pick) ? Cutler ? and for a non-QB its probably longer.

        Its not just the draft pick but the massive contract. Hence why no team wanted any part of Wallace
        Palmer got the bengals a 1st and 2nd, but to look at fair compensation for Percy, B-Marsh got 2 seconds, and hes twice the headcase Percy is considered to be around here.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

        Comment


        • Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
          Don't you mean Harvin? If so, his contract is a steal
          Well it was said his main beef was his contract, he wants more money than what hes getting paid. So the team that trades for him will need to do that.
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

          Comment


          • Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
            Don't you mean Harvin? If so, his contract is a steal
            No I meant Wallace. He had a first round tender and that was good value, but teams were put off by his alleged contract demands.

            Harvin is better so teams might be willing to pay up, but he still wants a new contract which will be very big so I'm not sure how many teams can afford it. Along with giving up a first it doesn't leave many suitors (especially with the rookie wage scale making first rounders so cheap)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
              True but the cost of his talent still needs to be considered
              Agreed it'd come at quite a pretty penny. However adding a threat to our O as well as giving us that special teams return man may just throw him over. You never know, you guys are probably right, and have a pretty firm reasoning against why they'd overlook him. However giving us that dual threat at such a young age with a future QB in the grooming could wind up being well worth the gamble

              Comment


              • Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                Palmer got the bengals a 1st and 2nd, but to look at fair compensation for Percy, B-Marsh got 2 seconds, and hes twice the headcase Percy is considered to be around here.
                True with Palmer, although awful trade by Oakland. Still a QB though so the rules are different.

                I actually think Harvin is one of the few players who could get a first

                Comment


                • Its not whether teams WANT him, its whether they can AFFORD him. A lot of teams, including us, are probably close to the cap now the off-season is over........... FA / Draft wise.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                    Its not really about Fox and Elway. When was the last time ANY team gave up a first for a player (not draft pick) ? Cutler ? and for a non-QB its probably longer.

                    Its not just the draft pick but the massive contract. Hence why no team wanted any part of Wallace
                    Yes, however we're hoping to do better than we did last yer? Thats per the reason of signing manning and per the goal of 99.9% of the franchises in the league. And last year we traded out of the first all together..

                    It's very compelling to say the least.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                      Its not whether teams WANT him, its whether they can AFFORD him. A lot of teams, including us, are probably close to the cap now the off-season is over........... FA / Draft wise.
                      What everyone seems to forget though is that last year Percy had a breakout year and put up impressive numbers..

                      With Christian Ponder!!

                      Percy with a more polished QB could be absolutely devestating.. Then imagine him paired with Manning next to Thomas..

                      Dont get me wrong I am stoked for Decker, and Stokes coming back.. but theres no denying that Percy being in the lineup can almost entirely give our offense a different level. Money room can be made. You're forgetting that with the addition of Hillman, Trevathan (or however you spell his name) DJ and Moreno are on wafer thin ice..

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                        What everyone seems to forget though is that last year Percy had a breakout year and put up impressive numbers..

                        With Christian Ponder!!

                        Percy with a more polished QB could be absolutely devestating.. Then imagine him paired with Manning next to Thomas..

                        Dont get me wrong I am stoked for Decker, and Stokes coming back.. but theres no denying that Percy being in the lineup can almost entirely give our offense a different level. Money room can be made. You're forgetting that with the addition of Hillman, Trevathan (or however you spell his name) DJ and Moreno are on wafer thin ice..
                        Moreno makes nothing. DJ could be cut but then we start dicing up the team.

                        I'm not really disagreeing with you, just pointing out the problems.

                        Harvin is one of the few players worth a first, and I would be happy giving him a biggish contract if we have the cap room.

                        TBH I think its a non issue because the Vikings won't trade him

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                          Its not whether teams WANT him, its whether they can AFFORD him. A lot of teams, including us, are probably close to the cap now the off-season is over........... FA / Draft wise.
                          Well we still have to lock up clady, but after that it is what it is.
                          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                          I don't know and I don't care

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                            Don't you mean Harvin? If so, his contract is a steal
                            You'd trade a 1st rounder without getting him to sign a new deal?
                            sigpic

                            Hooray, beer!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                              Moreno makes nothing. DJ could be cut but then we start dicing up the team.

                              I'm not really disagreeing with you, just pointing out the problems.

                              Harvin is one of the few players worth a first, and I would be happy giving him a biggish contract if we have the cap room.

                              TBH I think its a non issue because the Vikings won't trade him
                              Well I would move DJ in a package for Harvin, their LB corp is just as weak as their WR corps.
                              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                              I don't know and I don't care

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                                Moreno makes nothing. DJ could be cut but then we start dicing up the team.

                                I'm not really disagreeing with you, just pointing out the problems.

                                Harvin is one of the few players worth a first, and I would be happy giving him a biggish contract if we have the cap room.

                                TBH I think its a non issue because the Vikings won't trade him

                                All it takes is "that" team to offer a 1st and then some.. Once it happens they'll pounce. Almost guarenteed. And as sad as it makes me.. we've got a lot of guys we dont need.. a surplus of TE's, some WR's, maybe even a CB or so. There are players to cut for room.. Not saying I'd be absolutely estatic about it though... Hmm..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X