Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bears' Forte says he might miss camp during contract negotiations

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bears' Forte says he might miss camp during contract negotiations

    With all the back and Forth stuff going on , At the end of the day its not a good look for the Bears! Oh well , sucks to be a bears Fan, Lol




    Matt Forte--- Friday said he will probably skip training camp if he can’t come to terms with the Bears on a long-term contract.

    The running back told WSCR-AM 670’s Zach Zaidman that he does not plan to miss any regular season games.

    “Me and my agent, Adisa Bakari, have been talking to the Bears,” Forte said. “Talks continue to go on. I’m really optimistic about that part, that we continue to talk.”

    Forte is set to make $7.7 million this season, but he is angling for a multiyear contract that would be worth far more in guaranteed money."Negotiations are personal," Forte told nbcchicago.com.


    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,3417329.story
    sigpic

  • #2
    Originally posted by 350legend View Post
    With all the back and Forth stuff going on , At the end of the day its not a good look for the Bears! Oh well , sucks to be a bears Fan, Lol

    Matt Forte--- Friday said he will probably skip training camp if he can’t come to terms with the Bears on a long-term contract.

    The running back told WSCR-AM 670’s Zach Zaidman that he does not plan to miss any regular season games.

    “Me and my agent, Adisa Bakari, have been talking to the Bears,” Forte said. “Talks continue to go on. I’m really optimistic about that part, that we continue to talk.”

    Forte is set to make $7.7 million this season, but he is angling for a multiyear contract that would be worth far more in guaranteed money."Negotiations are personal," Forte told nbcchicago.com.


    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,3417329.story
    I'd go crazy if he's like

    Yo. I'm peacing out and going to Denver!


    But one can dream.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
      I'd go crazy if he's like

      Yo. I'm peacing out and going to Denver!


      But one can dream.
      I hope for that every time I open a topic like this.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Orange Pants View Post
        I hope for that every time I open a topic like this.
        It wasn't quite the same situation, but I recall Shanahan giving Portis the chance to shop himself. If the Bears do that to Forte, they'd be looking for a team that is willing to pay Forte what he wants and reimburse them for the cost. If you were in Elway's place, how much would you be willing to give up? Keep in mind, Chicago's window is now too, so they would likely want players not draft picks.
        Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by AC1 View Post
          It wasn't quite the same situation, but I recall Shanahan giving Portis the chance to shop himself. If the Bears do that to Forte, they'd be looking for a team that is willing to pay Forte what he wants and reimburse them for the cost. If you were in Elway's place, how much would you be willing to give up? Keep in mind, Chicago's window is now too, so they would likely want players not draft picks.
          How about Ryan Clady

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
            How about Ryan Clady
            If I'm Elway, not a chance in hell.
            Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

            Comment


            • #7
              Would be awesome if we got him, however I can't see him not staying with the Bears.
              Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
                How about Ryan Clady
                Ryan Clady?? Not a chance!!
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
                  Would be awesome if we got him, however I can't see him not staying with the Bears.
                  Forte has already said he will not miss any games and play for the Bears. Either under the franchise tag or with a long term deal.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X