LOL Another Lion Arrested!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL Another Lion Arrested!

For the sixth time this year, a Detroit Lion has been arrested.

This time it’s Aaron Berry, a cornerback who was arrested early Saturday morning in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, according to WXYZ-TV in Detroit.

Berry was also charged with two counts of causing accidental damage to an unattended vehicle or property and two counts of failure to stop and give information to law enforcement. He reportedly struck two parked vehicles then got out of his car and left the scene on foot. A witness followed him and called police, and he was arrested at 4:45 a.m. WXYZ reports that Berry was not cooperative and refused to submit to a breathalyzer.

Berry issued a statement through the team when reports of the arrest surfaced on Tuesday.

“I want to offer a sincere apology to the Lions organization, Lions fans, the coaches and all my teammates for my actions this past weekend,” Berry said. “This is not the example I want to set for young people and it’s certainly not what my team and coaches expect from me. I promise to do everything in my power to make sure this never happens again. I understand these are just words and it will be my future actions that ultimately will speak for me.”

The Lions issued a statement expressing frustration that yet another player has been arrested.

“We are extremely disappointed in the reports involving Aaron Berry and the incident in Pennsylvania this past weekend,” the statement said. “This is not the standard of behavior we expect from any member of our organization. We have strongly and repeatedly emphasized the need to be accountable on and off the field, which makes this incident with Aaron all the more disappointing. We will have further comments regarding this situation when appropriate.”

The strong and repeated emphasis on the need to be accountable off the field clearly isn’t getting through in Detroit: Lions defensive tackle Nick Fairley has been arrested once for drunk driving and once for marijuana possession this year, Lions running back Mikel Leshoure has been arrested twice for marijuana possession this year, and Lions offensive lineman Johnny Culbreath has been arrested once for marijuana possession this year.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ested-for-dui/

I cant believe this is the 6th time a Lion is arrested this year

I think he tweeted recently about how everyone can go back to being broke and miserable as well, then tried to defend it after taking it down.

Haven't looked it up yet. Heard it on Rome on my way back from lunch.

Comment

I love when they act like they care so much about not doing it again when it's obvious it's just BS n they just don't wanna get cut or penalized by the team ...it's like, "oh all the sudden nowww you have a total change of heart about driving wasted after you did it, probably alot more than just this time"

The truly amazing part is that NFL athletes have a service provided for them that gives them absolutely NO excuse to drink and drive ...

They will get picked up for free and taken home yet they would rather do this insanely stupid crap...n it's definitely stupid when you're so drunk you crash into parked cars ...and then run like they won't find out who's car it was

...simply amazing
      Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 06-26-2012, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
        http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ested-for-dui/

I cant believe this is the 6th time a Lion is arrested this year
        And it's only June.

Comment

well... you can bash the lions for a lot of things ... but at least they are consistent.. that has to count for something.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
            well... you can bash the lions for a lot of things ... but at least they are consistent.. that has to count for something.
            "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." ~ Ralph Waldo Emereson
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

They are going to be like the 2010 Bengals. Half of their roster will be in jail. O.o
              Last edited by broncoFan!; 06-26-2012, 01:10 PM.
              sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

I hate the Lions. I hate their fake tough guy of a coach who make their players into a bunch of fake tough guys. The only good thing about the Lions is Stafford to Megatron.
                "Something special is about to go down and I want to be a part of it." - FJ

Comment

This is getting to be absolutely ridiculous now, soon it will be far beyond a coincidence as well
                  Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

I wish Megatron was on a different team, so that I could go back to hating everything about them
                    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Yeah this is the NFC's Bengals. I do really like the Stafford/Megatron combo, but it's hard to root for a team packed full of thugs.

Comment

Impressive.
                        sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Working...
                        X