Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Tebow- HardCore MMA Training with Fighting Legends!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Tebow- HardCore MMA Training with Fighting Legends!!

Even thou Tebow is no longer a Bronco, i still wish him the best!! :thumb:

Tim Tebow has begun training with some of the baddest men on the planet ... men who revolutionized the art of hand-to-hand combat ... the legendary Gracie family.

In case you're unaware, the Gracie family basically built the UFC -- and badasses like Royce Gracie have destroyed countless opponents by using a special form of Brazilian jiu-jitsu created by his father, Helio Gracie.

Now, the New York Jets quarterback has joined up with the Gracie family at their headquarters in Beverly Hills -- where he was training with Royce's nephew Ryron Gracie and UFC heavyweight Brendan Schaub...

After the training session, the Gracie brother's tweeted about their newest pupil, "Everyone please give a warm welcome to the newest member of the Gracie Family."

Ryron also tweeted to Tim ... saying, "Your athleticism/intelligence makes teaching Jiu jitsu even easier!"

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/05/tim-te...-mma-training/
    sigpic

Good for Tim. I'd recommend anyone capable to take some MMA training. It's great.
    Maybe if this football thing fails, he can become a StrikeForce fighter....or UFC I suppose.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Does he plan on being on the ground a lot or what?
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Good way to stay in shape.

Pretty cool if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          Does he plan on being on the ground a lot or what?
          BJJ is known to be better when on your back.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
            BJJ is known to be better when on your back.
            Sounds like its a match.
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

[QUOTE=Bernie24;4462289]Good way to stay in shape.

Pretty cool if you ask me.[/QUOTE

I agree as well... i hear our New conditioning coaches are using a smiliar way of workouts!! :thumb:
              sigpic

Comment

Funny and good to see. Nothing wrong with expanding the horizons.

Comment

The kid's athleticism goes out the door. I can't even believe half of the things he does during his off-season. Good luck Timmy.
                  sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
                    The kid's athleticism goes out the door. I can't even believe half of the things he does during his off-season. Good luck Timmy.
                    Word?

Like, if he actually practiced becoming a QB during the offseason, OMG, right?
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      Word?

Like, if he actually practiced becoming a QB during the offseason, OMG, right?
                      I'm certain he does, but tbh those stories don't get the major hits. There's a reason that it's called the off-season. This is pretty much the waiting period between now and when football starts.

sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

I think MMA is awesome and I do believe it can have a positive influence on any athlete. However if I were the NY Jets I would not recommend any of my QB's to take up MMA in their spare time.

Tebows time would be better spent perfecting the craft he has yet to master. However as long as he is not injured no harm no foul.

Thx,
                        Joe
                        To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garzjoe View Post
                          I think MMA is awesome and I do believe it can have a positive influence on any athlete. However if I were the NY Jets I would not recommend any of my QB's to take up MMA in their spare time.

Tebows time would be better spent perfecting the craft he has yet to master. However as long as he is not injured no harm no foul.

Thx,
                          Joe
                          I'm sure they aren't doing anything that will hurt him and just basic stuff. BJJ basic training isn't as hard of a grind as Boxing, Muay Thai, Submissions, Wrestling, Kick boxing. But after basic, it's one of the hardest things in MMA to perfect.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                            I'm sure they aren't doing anything that will hurt him and just basic stuff. BJJ basic training isn't as hard of a grind as Boxing, Muay Thai, Submissions, Wrestling, Kick boxing. But after basic, it's one of the hardest things in MMA to perfect.
                            Exactly, I instruct MCMAP in my job and it covers a wide variety of disiplines. Our tan belt cover the basic moves a person needs to defend themselves in a given situation (Basic strikes, weapon movements, and so on). I doubt they are giving him counter strikes and to many ground fighting techniques. It is still pretty sweet though, in a pile up after a sack he might come out of the pile with a cool submission move (sarcasm).

Comment

Originally posted by hutch2426 View Post
                              Exactly, I instruct MCMAP in my job and it covers a wide variety of disiplines. Our tan belt cover the basic moves a person needs to defend themselves in a given situation (Basic strikes, weapon movements, and so on). I doubt they are giving him counter strikes and to many ground fighting techniques. It is still pretty sweet though, in a pile up after a sack he might come out of the pile with a cool submission move (sarcasm).
                              Dont lie I know tan belt only teaches you how to fall

And this is coming from a proud owner of a tan belt.

Adopted Broncos:
                              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                              Adopted posters:
                              Everyone

Comment

Working...
                              X