Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forte Signs Four Year Deal

All is good in Chicago.

Good for him, still gonna finish in 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
      Good for him, still gonna finish in 2nd.
      Just because the Bears don't have anyone facing suspensions or jail time doesn't mean you have to say hurtful things.

Comment

Guys, let's try and stay on topic.

I'm really glad for Forte. Was explaining to my wife that I felt the most for him of the upcoming contract issues. He played his end right, never held out, etc... just said he deserved more because he did.

Congrats to him and Chicago... here's hoping for a great year for you guys!
        Thanks, Reid!
        sigpic
        Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Chitown View Post
          Just because the Bears don't have anyone facing suspensions or jail time doesn't mean you have to say hurtful things.
          Has nothing to do with that, they aren't passing GB, plain and simple. I've said for awhile they'll be in 2nd, and probably will be as long as Rodgers resides in Title Town.

Good deal for Forte though.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
            Guys, let's try and stay on topic.

I'm really glad for Forte. Was explaining to my wife that I felt the most for him of the upcoming contract issues. He played his end right, never held out, etc... just said he deserved more because he did.

Congrats to him and Chicago... here's hoping for a great year for you guys!
            I'm glad Chicago paid him too. Matt has taken the high road and did everything the franchise has asked him to do up to this point. Matt showed up last year and played for peanuts and made the pro bowl for the first time in his career. I wouldn't have cared if the Bears over payed him some as a reward for conducting himself in the way he did. To me it would have been bad business on Chicago's part to make him play under the tag.

Comment

Has nothing to do with that, they aren't passing GB, plain and simple. I've said for awhile they'll be in 2nd, and probably will be as long as Rodgers resides in Title Town.

Good deal for Forte though.
              Doesn't matter what you think. You don't know anything for a fact. Bears could finish anywhere from 1st to last in the division. You can make a guess based on the past but that's about it. Too many variables go into an NFL season for any thing to be as certain as you are trying to make it out to be.

The only fact the comes from today is that the Bears are going to be better with Forte attending the full training camp with a long term extension than they would have been if he held out until the last preseason game or longer under the franchise tag. Which he made clear he was going to.

Comment

Good for him and the organization, I've always liked Forte. Type of guy a coach loves in the effort of winning it all, I think.

Bears shoulda done this earlier, but still good for all parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Chitown View Post
                  Doesn't matter what you think. You don't know anything for a fact. Bears could finish anywhere from 1st to last in the division. You can make a guess based on the past but that's about it. Too many variables go into an NFL season for any thing to be as certain as you are trying to make it out to be.

The only fact the comes from today is that the Bears are going to be better with Forte attending the full training camp with a long term extension than they would have been if he held out until the last preseason game or longer under the franchise tag. Which he made clear he was going to.
                  As long as Rodgers stays healthy, GB will be in 1st.

Pretty simple.

Comment

Good on Forte... One of my favorite running backs in the league to watch play.

Comment

Don't let you're hate for Cutler cloud your mind, the Bears has gotton almost as good as GB just on paper, I wish the season has started already.

Comment

Aside from Jay Cutler being their quarterback I actually like Chicago, so this is good news for them, they're going to be a real force this season I feel.
                        Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                          Don't let you're hate for Cutler cloud your mind, the Bears has gotton almost as good as GB just on paper, I wish the season has started already.
                          Not quite, but the gap has closed a little bit.

Not like GB didn't add some key pieces to their D or anything which is all they basically had to fix. As long as Rodgers is in Title Town, they'll be tough.

Comment

if the bears stay healthy they will be a force in the NFC.
                            sigpic

Comment

As long as Rodgers stays healthy, GB will be in 1st.

Pretty simple.
                              no its not that simple i am afraid.

to me the bears are a top 3-5 team in the entire league right now on paper. sure you can argue that GB is better but its not so cut and dry as you pretend it is.

if GB stumbles a little bit and the bears have the season i think they will, Chicago could definitely take that division away.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X