Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    no its not that simple i am afraid.

to me the bears are a top 3-5 team in the entire league right now on paper. sure you can argue that GB is better but its not so cut and dry as you pretend it is.

if GB stumbles a little bit and the bears have the season i think they will, Chicago could definitely take that division away.
    Sure they could, i think the Packers are better, not an absurd statement to make.

Packers, Steelers, Ravens, Texans, Niners.

I could argue the Saints, and i don't think they'll be NEAR as bad as people think b/c one player is suspended and Payton isn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
      Sure they could, i think the Packers are better, not an absurd statement to make.

Packers, Steelers, Ravens, Texans, Niners.

I could argue the Saints, and i don't think they'll be NEAR as bad as people think b/c one player is suspended and Payton isn't there.
      saying they are better isn't an absurd comment to make, no. saying the packers will win it if Rodgers is healthy and acting like its a no brainer, is what i took issue with.

as if Rodgers is unstoppable and cant lose no matter what happens around him, which we all know isn't true. the NFC north is no cake walk by any means and the bears will be one of the better teams in the league if they stay relatively healthy.

not saying they will be better than GB but GB needs more than just Rodgers to be healthy in order to win that division, that's for sure.

the bears have a better defense and running game than GB and with the addition of Marshall, they will have a more comparable passing game as well i think.

not to mention that Marshall is good in the short passing game and can rack up a lot of YAC to really help that offense if they struggle to protect cutler.

like i said, its not as cut and dry as you seem to believe.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        saying they are better isn't an absurd comment to make, no. saying the packers will win it if Rodgers is healthy and acting like its a no brainer, is what i took issue with.

as if Rodgers is unstoppable and cant lose no matter what happens around him, which we all know isn't true. the NFC north is no cake walk by any means and the bears will be one of the better teams in the league if they stay relatively healthy.

not saying they will be better than GB but GB needs more than just Rodgers to be healthy in order to win that division, that's for sure.

the bears have a better defense and running game than GB and with the addition of Marshall, they will have a more comparable passing game as well i think.

not to mention that Marshall is good in the short passing game and can rack up a lot of YAC to really help that offense if they struggle to protect cutler.

like i said, its not as cut and dry as you seem to believe.
        Weren't the Bears all-world D, 29th in pass-D.

And most of the GB D stats are scewed b/c they had big leads and teams got garbage points in the end.

Bears could win the division, but i don't think they will barring a key injury.

Comment

Roy Hibbert, and Brooks Lopez make more than Forte. This is why the NFL is so much better.
          sigpic

Comment

And most of the GB D stats are scewed b/c they had big leads and teams got garbage points in the end.

so you are saying GB actually had a better defense than Chicago?

that is just an excuse, GB should have had a crazy amount of sacks and been top 5 against the run if that were the case.

if they always had a lead and that's the only reason why they were the worst team against the pass, why were they so bad at getting to the QB?

don't you think that the fact that they struggled to get to the QB had something to do with their secondary getting torched? with teams being forced into obvious passing situations, the pack should have been much much better pressuring the QB.

i get that you think GB will win the division, that's fine. but like i said, it wont happen if Rodgers is just simply healthy, GB is not that much better than everyone else.

i see the bears and packers about as far off from each other as the broncos and chargers are, GB has a better QB but Chicago has a better overall team IMO
            sigpic

Comment

I never said that, i don't think the Packers D is as bad as people are making it out to be. And some people act like the Bears D is all that much better. They do give Rodgers trouble for whatever reason though.

Yeah, teams just doubled Matthews since he was their only pass-rushing threat. Getting Nick Perry should help along with some others.

Eh, i don't think GB is a landslide better, but the gap is narrowed. SD/Den probably depends with Dumervil and if/when he gets suspended. If not, then i agree on that.

Comment

Actually the Bears were 28th, which was still above the Packers #32 ranking.

The Bears total defense was #17, which was still the best in the NFCN. The Bears also have brought in some players to improve that ranking.

Comment

Good for him, still gonna finish in 2nd.
                  Cutler + Forte + Marshall..........Three pro bowl players that will be tough to stop.

Questions for the Pack........Will rookies Perry, Worthy, Hayward be enough to pull up that horrible defense? Will the Pack ever find some kind of running game?

Comment

Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
                    Cutler + Forte + Marshall..........Three pro bowl players that will be tough to stop.

Questions for the Pack........Will rookies Perry, Worthy, Hayward be enough to pull up that horrible defense? Will the Pack ever find some kind of running game?
                    Rodgers, Jennings, Nelson, Finley among others.

Sure, didn't seem to trouble them last year.

Comment

Rodgers, Jennings, Nelson, Finley among others.

Sure, didn't seem to trouble them last year.
                      No running game and lack of defense did hurt the Pack in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
                        No running game and lack of defense did hurt the Pack in the end.
                        Somewhat, yes, a few fluke plays like the hail mary before the half.

And a lot of dropped passes did as well.

They looked out of sync early on and never got going.

Comment

Getting back to Forte. Not only is he the Bears #1 runner, but he is the second best receiver on the team. This is a RB who can run routes like a WR. At any point on any down you can put Forte in the slot or even wide. He is the mismatch in the passing game that DC's have to account for, to fast for LB'ers and safeties, to strong for corners.

Comment

As long as Rodgers stays healthy, GB will be in 1st.

Pretty simple.
                            Rodgers was healthy in 2008, 2009 and 2010. All three years they lost the division.

I agree that Green Bay is the favorite. They are loaded on both sides of the ball.

The only way I see Chicago passing them is if Cutler outplays Rodgers. While that may happen with a few years in the same scheme, it won't happen in year one of Tice's offense IMO.
                            Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                              Rodgers was healthy in 2008, 2009 and 2010. All three years they lost the division.

I agree that Green Bay is the favorite. They are loaded on both sides of the ball.

The only way I see Chicago passing them is if Cutler outplays Rodgers. While that may happen with a few years in the same scheme, it won't happen in year one of Tice's offense IMO.
                              This is interesting, because Bates is installing a lot of Denver Broncos plays that Cutler liked that both Cutler and Marshall did great in, learning curve done, and Cutler can now audibles out of plays.

Comment

Originally posted by AC1 View Post

08, first year as starter.

09, they went 11-5, i believe, usually that's good enough to win your division. Minnesota went 12-4 or 13-3 i think.

10, they had like 15 players on IR, but they got it done when it mattered most.

Could Chicago win the North, sure, they got a good team but GB is loaded and fixed the only thing they needed to fix, their defense. And GB doesn't need an all-world D with that offense.

Cutler also should have the best year of his career. He's got the weapons now finally, though the OL could still be a little weak point. Regardless, should be the best year of his career, make or break.

Comment

Working...
                                X