X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chitown
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    As long as Rodgers stays healthy, GB will be in 1st.

Pretty simple.
    Pretty simple.

Leave a comment:

• bears6385
    replied
    Fair in 2010, but i believe they had 15 players on IR, and Rodgers missed two games, half of the Detroit game, and all of the NE game that they nearly won with Flynn. In before someone says Rodgers is a system QB.

They didn't run the ball great vs NYG, but they had some balance. They just looked out of sync from the start of the game.

And yeah, it's a 3-horse race with GB/Det/Chi.

Would go with GB b/c they got the best QB in the league imo with Rodgers.
    Will gowith the Bears because they are the most well rounded and balanced team in the NFCN.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by Da Swerski View Post
    Packers were better than the Bears in 2010, when Pack won Super Bowl, but finished behind the Bears in the division.

Packers are all passing game. They can't run the ball, special teams is ok, and defense is terrible. They spent their entire draft on defense so that could change. Bears have potential to be a much more well rounded team. Bears have a better run game, defense, and special teams. The big question is did they close the passing game gap? Obviously they improved, but Green Bay passing game is so good they don't need to run. Though their lack of running really hurt them against the Giants in the playoffs last year.

Don't count out the Lions either. The Lions have the fire power to match Green Bay, but like Green Bay have a weak running game. They don't have quite the deep receiving core. The Lions also have a great d-line. Only downside to them is their back 7 sucks. Great QB play + fierce d-line is the way to win the in the NFL. Just ask the Giants. The Lions have that... when they're not in jail.
    Fair in 2010, but i believe they had 15 players on IR, and Rodgers missed two games, half of the Detroit game, and all of the NE game that they nearly won with Flynn. In before someone says Rodgers is a system QB.

They didn't run the ball great vs NYG, but they had some balance. They just looked out of sync from the start of the game.

And yeah, it's a 3-horse race with GB/Det/Chi.

Would go with GB b/c they got the best QB in the league imo with Rodgers.

Leave a comment:

• Da Swerski
    replied

Pretty simple.
    Packers were better than the Bears in 2010, when Pack won Super Bowl, but finished behind the Bears in the division.

Packers are all passing game. They can't run the ball, special teams is ok, and defense is terrible. They spent their entire draft on defense so that could change. Bears have potential to be a much more well rounded team. Bears have a better run game, defense, and special teams. The big question is did they close the passing game gap? Obviously they improved, but Green Bay passing game is so good they don't need to run. Though their lack of running really hurt them against the Giants in the playoffs last year.

Don't count out the Lions either. The Lions have the fire power to match Green Bay, but like Green Bay have a weak running game. They don't have quite the deep receiving core. The Lions also have a great d-line. Only downside to them is their back 7 sucks. Great QB play + fierce d-line is the way to win the in the NFL. Just ask the Giants. The Lions have that... when they're not in jail.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by AC1 View Post
    Rodgers was healthy in 2008, 2009 and 2010. All three years they lost the division.

I agree that Green Bay is the favorite. They are loaded on both sides of the ball.

The only way I see Chicago passing them is if Cutler outplays Rodgers. While that may happen with a few years in the same scheme, it won't happen in year one of Tice's offense IMO.
    08, first year as starter.

09, they went 11-5, i believe, usually that's good enough to win your division. Minnesota went 12-4 or 13-3 i think.

10, they had like 15 players on IR, but they got it done when it mattered most.

Could Chicago win the North, sure, they got a good team but GB is loaded and fixed the only thing they needed to fix, their defense. And GB doesn't need an all-world D with that offense.

Cutler also should have the best year of his career. He's got the weapons now finally, though the OL could still be a little weak point. Regardless, should be the best year of his career, make or break.

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    Originally posted by AC1 View Post
    Rodgers was healthy in 2008, 2009 and 2010. All three years they lost the division.

I agree that Green Bay is the favorite. They are loaded on both sides of the ball.

The only way I see Chicago passing them is if Cutler outplays Rodgers. While that may happen with a few years in the same scheme, it won't happen in year one of Tice's offense IMO.
    This is interesting, because Bates is installing a lot of Denver Broncos plays that Cutler liked that both Cutler and Marshall did great in, learning curve done, and Cutler can now audibles out of plays.

Leave a comment:

• AC1
    replied

Pretty simple.

Leave a comment:

• bears6385
    replied
    Getting back to Forte. Not only is he the Bears #1 runner, but he is the second best receiver on the team. This is a RB who can run routes like a WR. At any point on any down you can put Forte in the slot or even wide. He is the mismatch in the passing game that DC's have to account for, to fast for LB'ers and safeties, to strong for corners.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
    No running game and lack of defense did hurt the Pack in the end.
    Somewhat, yes, a few fluke plays like the hail mary before the half.

And a lot of dropped passes did as well.

They looked out of sync early on and never got going.

Leave a comment:

• bears6385
    replied
    Rodgers, Jennings, Nelson, Finley among others.

Sure, didn't seem to trouble them last year.
    No running game and lack of defense did hurt the Pack in the end.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
    Cutler + Forte + Marshall..........Three pro bowl players that will be tough to stop.

Questions for the Pack........Will rookies Perry, Worthy, Hayward be enough to pull up that horrible defense? Will the Pack ever find some kind of running game?
    Rodgers, Jennings, Nelson, Finley among others.

Sure, didn't seem to trouble them last year.

Leave a comment:

• bears6385
    replied
    Good for him, still gonna finish in 2nd.
    Cutler + Forte + Marshall..........Three pro bowl players that will be tough to stop.

Questions for the Pack........Will rookies Perry, Worthy, Hayward be enough to pull up that horrible defense? Will the Pack ever find some kind of running game?

Leave a comment:

• bears6385
    replied
    Weren't the Bears all-world D, 29th in pass-D.

And most of the GB D stats are scewed b/c they had big leads and teams got garbage points in the end.

Bears could win the division, but i don't think they will barring a key injury.
    Actually the Bears were 28th, which was still above the Packers #32 ranking.

The Bears total defense was #17, which was still the best in the NFCN. The Bears also have brought in some players to improve that ranking.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    I never said that, i don't think the Packers D is as bad as people are making it out to be. And some people act like the Bears D is all that much better. They do give Rodgers trouble for whatever reason though.

Yeah, teams just doubled Matthews since he was their only pass-rushing threat. Getting Nick Perry should help along with some others.

Eh, i don't think GB is a landslide better, but the gap is narrowed. SD/Den probably depends with Dumervil and if/when he gets suspended. If not, then i agree on that.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Weren't the Bears all-world D, 29th in pass-D.

And most of the GB D stats are scewed b/c they had big leads and teams got garbage points in the end.

Bears could win the division, but i don't think they will barring a key injury.
    so you are saying GB actually had a better defense than Chicago?

that is just an excuse, GB should have had a crazy amount of sacks and been top 5 against the run if that were the case.

if they always had a lead and that's the only reason why they were the worst team against the pass, why were they so bad at getting to the QB?

don't you think that the fact that they struggled to get to the QB had something to do with their secondary getting torched? with teams being forced into obvious passing situations, the pack should have been much much better pressuring the QB.

i get that you think GB will win the division, that's fine. but like i said, it wont happen if Rodgers is just simply healthy, GB is not that much better than everyone else.

i see the bears and packers about as far off from each other as the broncos and chargers are, GB has a better QB but Chicago has a better overall team IMO

Leave a comment:

Working...
X