Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Tebow excels in New York Jets' goal-line package

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tim Tebow excels in New York Jets' goal-line package

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack



    Anyone else think Tebow will make the jets championship contenders? Besides me I mean. The jets weren't awful by any stetch before. Call me crazy but I think the addition of Tim adds just the right ingredient to make something special.Hopefully not too special though.
    /Users/stevennelson/Desktop/130104092350_rex-ryan-tattoo.jpg Jets!Jets!Jets!

  • #2
    I really hope Tebow has success in general (especially against the Patriots) -just not against us!

    Tebow's goal line abilities were never in question. I expect him to bull doze the competition more times than not. I love that there IS a coach out there willing to put Tebow in such a situation. It's risky but it also can pay off. I can't wait to see just what he's going to be asked to do.

    What bothers me is that when Tebow was here, he "wants to play QB". But now that he's a Jet, he sounds willing to do anything. Maybe if he was 'willing' when he was a Bronco, he'd still be here. Maybe not though. There are negatives that come with Tebow that have been analyzed to death and back that there's no reason to get into them. But one that may not be obvious to the casual fan is that when you put Tebow in for goal line, you gotta take out Sanchez. Obvious or not, you gain an attribute in exchange for a weakness. Such an exchange is likely to yield no overall advantage.

    To bring this post back around to the topic at hand, "Tebow excels in Jets' goal-line package" is not really news. Everyone knows it is THIS is Tebow's greatest situational strength. I hope the Jets destroy the Pats
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by orangenightmare View Post
      http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack



      Anyone else think Tebow will make the jets championship contenders? Besides me I mean. The jets weren't awful by any stetch before. Call me crazy but I think the addition of Tim adds just the right ingredient to make something special.Hopefully not too special though.
      Championship contenders? No, not IMO. I don't think Mark Sanchez is that good, and I don't think Tebow is there yet as a QB.
      sigpic


      @BlueNOrangeFTW

      Comment


      • #4
        Championship contenders, heck no.

        Playoffs, maybe.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
          I really hope Tebow has success in general (especially against the Patriots) -just not against us!

          Tebow's goal line abilities were never in question. I expect him to bull doze the competition more times than not. I love that there IS a coach out there willing to put Tebow in such a situation. It's risky but it also can pay off. I can't wait to see just what he's going to be asked to do.

          What bothers me is that when Tebow was here, he "wants to play QB". But now that he's a Jet, he sounds willing to do anything. Maybe if he was 'willing' when he was a Bronco, he'd still be here. Maybe not though. There are negatives that come with Tebow that have been analyzed to death and back that there's no reason to get into them. But one that may not be obvious to the casual fan is that when you put Tebow in for goal line, you gotta take out Sanchez. Obvious or not, you gain an attribute in exchange for a weakness. Such an exchange is likely to yield no overall advantage.

          To bring this post back around to the topic at hand, "Tebow excels in Jets' goal-line package" is not really news. Everyone knows it is THIS is Tebow's greatest situational strength. I hope the Jets destroy the Pats
          I hope the jets destroy the pats as well. But I think he would have been willing to do the same thing with us. Regardless, I'll be rooting for him as a player, Just not when/if he plays against us.
          /Users/stevennelson/Desktop/130104092350_rex-ryan-tattoo.jpg Jets!Jets!Jets!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by orangenightmare View Post
            Anyone else think Tebow will make the jets championship contenders? Besides me I mean. The jets weren't awful by any stetch before. Call me crazy but I think the addition of Tim adds just the right ingredient to make something special.Hopefully not too special though.
            No, I don't think Tim will be what makes NYJ championship contenders. But I do think he can do good things for them.
            sigpic
            - ★ -
            2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

            Comment


            • #7
              It's nice to read positive comments about him, for a change
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

              Comment


              • #8
                Tebow could help them in the RZ a lot I'm glad they're utilizing him to his strengths!

                That Jets D should be pretty nasty especially with the addition of Landry i see them making the PO's for sure.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sparano should run the Yale formation with Tebow in GL.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    How funny would it be to see the NYJ vs DEN in the AFC Championship game?
                    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Playoffs? The Jets are going to be the meltdown story of the year.


                      sigpic

                      Hooray, beer!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Tim Tebow making the Jets a championship contenter? This isnt a serious thread is it? The Jets are a decent team but adding one of the worst pure QBs in history who also comes with every camera crew ESPN owns isnt putting them over the top. Tebow isnt any good and his hype wont help that team, it could end up being the factor that destroys them.
                        "Something special is about to go down and I want to be a part of it." - FJ

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I don't see a championship contender. I can't think of a worse team for Tebow to go to. Should things start to go south with Sanchez watch out! His WR's are already sensative to him getting them the ball, what if Tebow takes over? Think those guys will be as humble as Deck and DT and become primarily blockers and decoys? That place will implode and Rex will be in the corner sucking toes.
                          Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                            Playoffs? The Jets are going to be the meltdown story of the year.


                            Nah, they had their meltdown last year. They might miss the playoffs regardless though, seems like everyone in the afc -with the exception of cleveland and Miami- are getting better.
                            /Users/stevennelson/Desktop/130104092350_rex-ryan-tattoo.jpg Jets!Jets!Jets!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Fitzmagic View Post
                              Tim Tebow making the Jets a championship contenter? This isnt a serious thread is it? The Jets are a decent team but adding one of the worst pure QBs in history who also comes with every camera crew ESPN owns isnt putting them over the top. Tebow isnt any good and his hype wont help that team, it could end up being the factor that destroys them.
                              Based on Tebows history of destroying teams right? like the gators? like the 1-4 broncos to the playoffs?
                              Give me a break. From what I can tell, the jets are going to utilize Tebow's strengths(IE use him in the redzone) and minimize his weaknesses. He isn't going to carry them on his back by any means but I Think he gives them something they've been missing.
                              /Users/stevennelson/Desktop/130104092350_rex-ryan-tattoo.jpg Jets!Jets!Jets!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X