Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELWAY421
    replied
    Foles seems to be the real deal. I was kinda surprised it took Kelley so long to back him seeing how has has played head & shoulders above Vick. The Eagles have played way better with him. That QB draft class is shaping up to be right up there. Cousins is getting a chance to show what he has & I hope Brock turns out to be good when he gets his chance.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Anyone want to tell me how bad Foles is playing now? Called it back in August he would be the starter soon. I was right and he is looking good!!
    Im gonna give it another year once teams get some more film on him.

But he does look good so far.

And i'll leave it at that.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    He's been money for my fantasy team. Picked up him up right after Rodgers got hurt and I've started him every game since then. I'm in the championship game now in part thanks to him. Also helps that I have Jamaal Charles, Josh Gordon, Alshon Jeffery and Demarco Murray tearing everyone up. My friend who is a philly fan says he's the future and could be elite. I believe him.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    just a shout out to my guy Foles. Looking good Nick!

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Anyone want to tell me how bad Foles is playing now? Called it back in August he would be the starter soon. I was right and he is looking good!!
    Foles will be judged next year.

He didn't really 'win' the starting job. He came in when Vick was injured, and even though he struggled (which is understandable with a rookie) Reid decided to start him the rest of the season because there was nothing to lose. Their season was done and Vick probably wouldn't be back so lets see what we have in Foles.

He has done well the last 2 games and might be good, but lots of young QB's have had a few good games in these situations when the D have little film on him.

He will start next season and it will be interesting to see how he handles it.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
    Charlie.. I have so much respect for a fan such as yourself...

I hope WEEDen gives y'all a good future
    WEEDen won't give the team a "future".

Only Colt McCoy would. Colt McCoy is a hundred times the starter than WEEDen is.

Colt McCoy has been flawless this preseason while WEEDen has made Ryan Leaf look like a pro bowler.

Leave a comment:

• Denver Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Key word: Browns

Everyone looks good against the Browns.

Jamal Lewis had a career just because he played against the Browns. If not for the Browns, Jamal Lewis would have been a pedestrian running back. But, because he played against the Browns he had a potential HOF career.

The same thing goes for quarterbacks. Sure, last year the Browns were #1 against the pass but that is because they were so horrible against the run. Everyone ran against them. Now this year you will see the "amazing" Browns pass defense exploited.
    Charlie.. I have so much respect for a fan such as yourself...

I hope WEEDen gives y'all a good future

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    in tonight's game...1st half vs Browns #1 D Foles was 12/19 for 146 yards and 2 TDS. He will be the eagles starter soon.
    Key word: Browns

Everyone looks good against the Browns.

Jamal Lewis had a career just because he played against the Browns. If not for the Browns, Jamal Lewis would have been a pedestrian running back. But, because he played against the Browns he had a potential HOF career.

The same thing goes for quarterbacks. Sure, last year the Browns were #1 against the pass but that is because they were so horrible against the run. Everyone ran against them. Now this year you will see the "amazing" Browns pass defense exploited.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 08-25-2012, 10:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• HurricaneDovs
    replied
    Originally posted by elway93 View Post
    At this point I'm convinced a cheerleader could look like a pro bowler throwing the ball in that offense. Arizona will trade the Eagles three first round picks for the guy next summer.
    And probably be better for it. I'd take Foles over Kolb and Skelton.

Leave a comment:

• Jay3
    replied
    Originally posted by elway93 View Post
    At this point I'm convinced a cheerleader could look like a pro bowler throwing the ball in that offense. Arizona will trade the Eagles three first round picks for the guy next summer.
    Seriously. What it if turns out that Andy Reid has been a quarterback away from winning a Super Bowl all this time, and he's just so good offensively he makes every quarterback look good? That goes for McNabb, too.

Leave a comment:

• elway93
    replied

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    in tonight's game...1st half vs Browns #1 D Foles was 12/19 for 146 yards and 2 TDS. He will be the eagles starter soon.

Leave a comment:

• MorenoFan27
    replied
    I'm with you. The two Qb's I put into my mocks was either Russell Wilson or Nick Foles. Both are doing pretty damn good in preseason. I really hope Os is something special because I would hate to see those two become great in the NFL and Os become a bust. (which I don't think he will, I am just saying)

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    It was all vanilla, but I thought he looked pretty good. He might work really well in that system because he'll just get the ball to the playmakers, unlike Vick who holds the ball too long trying to make a play. Mike is gonna have to learn, or his career is not going to last much longer.
    I agree. Foles has highest QB rating, #1 in TDs, #3 in yards/attempt and #3 in total yards so far in PS. That's pretty impressive for a rookie who played against starters for much of his time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X