Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gruden is looking to make a coaching return... Norv Turner is looking at unemployment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gruden is looking to make a coaching return... Norv Turner is looking at unemployment

So far... the math is starting to add up to a very crappy equation....

Please somebody tell me that I'm not being realistic..

please?

I think Gruden will be coaching the Jets in 2013. I think this will be Rex's last year as the Jets' HC, and we all know how much Gruden loves Tebow.
    sigpic
    Thanks, MHS!

Comment

Gruden should have been hired by the Browns rather than Shurmur.
      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Rex Ryan might be snatched up as some team's d-coordinator. He could easily be a Wade Phillips-esque d-coordinator. Mediocre coach GREAT coordinator.
        sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

If Gruden wants to come back, he'll have an opportunity.

You would think that brand new NFL HCs would be given some time to get their program going, but sometimes their plug gets pulled earlier than expected.

Norv Turner needs to make the playoffs. It has been said the window of opportunity is closing for the Chargers, but they keep hanging around. They have a good QB, but there are concerns about their lines.

Other HCs who might be feeling the heat if the season doesn't go well are Jason Garrett and Ken Whisenhunt.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            If Gruden wants to come back, he'll have an opportunity.

You would think that brand new NFL HCs would be given some time to get their program going, but sometimes their plug gets pulled earlier than expected.

Norv Turner needs to make the playoffs. It has been said the window of opportunity is closing for the Chargers, but they keep hanging around. They have a good QB, but there are concerns about their lines.

Other HCs who might be feeling the heat if the season doesn't go well are Jason Garrett and Ken Whisenhunt.
            Totally agree... Browns have a new owner.. I could see a whole new front office being put in place there as well.

Comment

I'd rather not see Gruden in SD

There is no way he coaches in Dallas, his ego against Jerry Jones ego would cause Dallas to explode
              sigpic
              Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post

There is no way he coaches in Dallas, his ego against Jerry Jones ego would cause Dallas to explode
                The unstoppable force meets the immovable object?

Comment

The Bucs made a mistake when they fired Gruden. They were a competitive team, 9-7. The guy won a Super Bowl, so he knows how to get the job if you give him a good roster. He's a tough head coach, but Raheem Morris apparently lost the locker room and players stopped working hard after the player-friendly approach. Football is a tough sport. I think the Bucs saw the mistake and got back to Gruden's style, hiring the hard-nosed Schiano to install some discipline.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                    The Bucs made a mistake when they fired Gruden. They were a competitive team, 9-7. The guy won a Super Bowl, so he knows how to get the job if you give him a good roster. He's a tough head coach, but Raheem Morris apparently lost the locker room and players stopped working hard after the player-friendly approach. Football is a tough sport. I think the Bucs saw the mistake and got back to Gruden's style, hiring the hard-nosed Schiano to install some discipline.
                    yep, I think you need that especially on a team as young as the bucks are.

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post

Parcells coached there.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                        College coaches aren't usually successful in the NFL. Schiano has some NFL coaching experience as an assistant. Rutgers will miss him.

Comment

Working...
                        X