NFC North.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFC North.

1) Bears......Best balance in the North between offense, defense, and special teams.

2) Packers.....Best offense in the NFC. Will make playoffs as wildcard.

3) Lions.......Stafford to Johnson, best combo in the league. Could also make playoffs.

4) Vikings.....Bring up the rear, but could be a factor in this race.

Definitely the best division in the league, it should be fun seeing how things end up

Wouldn't be surprised to see three of the teams end up in the playoffs and do well
    sigpic
    Thank you Charger$

Comment

1- GB
      2- Chi
      3- Det
      4- Minn

Comment

Chicago's defense is getting old. Green Bay actually improved their defense, so don't brush off their ability to play D.

Bears are gonna get swept by Green Bay and split with Detroit and Minny.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          Chicago's defense is getting old. Green Bay actually improved their defense, so don't brush off their ability to play D.

But their offense did improve significantly

I don't think GB sweeps the Bears
          sigpic
          Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
            1) Bears......Best balance in the North between offense, defense, and special teams.

2) Packers.....Best offense in the NFC. Will make playoffs as wildcard.

3) Lions.......Stafford to Johnson, best combo in the league. Could also make playoffs.

4) Vikings.....Bring up the rear, but could be a factor in this race.

I disagree with the Bears having the best combination. Chicago's O-line is a joke, in honesty they would be destroyed if they had to play the Giants, Pittsburgh, or even us for that matter...

Plus their D is aged, not near what it was 3 years ago...

#1- Greenbay Packers.

The Aaron Rodgers project went 15-1 last year. And out of respect, they are the best team in this league until spoken otherwise.

#2- Detroit Lions

This team by far is more complete than the remaining 3 in the division. I like their defensive line far more than Chicago's. And Stafford to Johnson is 10x deadlier than Cutler to Marshall

#3- Chicago Bears

Cutler to Bmarsh is sick. Not to the potential of Stafford and Johnson, and a terrible O-line to boot. But their ztill leap and bounds over minni.

#4 Minnesota Vikings

Ponder? Curiously interesting. However right now this team completely is held up by AP, and Jared Allen.. And right now this team needs more than just 2 bright spots to fight the Bears for basement dweller

Comment

If you are going to make an issue of the age on the Bears defense you really have to take a look at exactly who you are talking about. Urlacher 34, but coming off pro bowl seasons in 2010 and 2011. Still one of the best in the game. Peppers 32, one of the two or three best 4-3 DE's in the game today. Briggs 31, seven pro bowls in a row. Tillman 31, yet another pro bowl player. As of 2011 none of these players have shown any sign of slowing down.

What gets overlooked about the Bears defense is the YOUNG players the Bears have brought in over the last few years. Melton, Wright, Paea, Conte, McClellin, Hardin.

Other than Perry I don't see any other defensive player who could have much of an impact on that side of the ball for the Packers.

Comment

Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
                If you are going to make an issue of the age on the Bears defense you really have to take a look at exactly who you are talking about. Urlacher 34, but coming off pro bowl seasons in 2010 and 2011. Still one of the best in the game. Peppers 32, one of the two or three best 4-3 DE's in the game today. Briggs 31, seven pro bowls in a row. Tillman 31, yet another pro bowl player. As of 2011 none of these players have shown any sign of slowing down.

What gets overlooked about the Bears defense is the YOUNG players the Bears have brought in over the last few years. Melton, Wright, Paea, Conte, McClellin, Hardin.

Other than Perry I don't see any other defensive player who could have much of an impact on that side of the ball for the Packers.
                You're a Bears fan. You think the Bears defense is better than any defense in the NFL.

Clearly you don't pay much attention to other teams in the NFL, it wasn't too long ago when the Packers had one of the top defenses in the NFL. Majority of the defenders from that Super Bowl year is still on the team.

So based off you post, Tramon Williams will have no impact, Clay Matthews will have no impact, Jerel Worthy will have no impact, Sam Shields will have no impact, Charles Woodson will have no impact, Morgan Burnett(in underrated player) will also have zero impact, and I guess we can say B.J Raji will also have no impact. But of all players on the packers defense, you pick the rookie Nick Perry to have a bigger impact than anyone else on the team.

The Bears didn't do anything over the offseason to make them a better team than the Packers. They still have a mediocre OL, and Jay Cutler is nowhere near Aaron Rodgers level. Oh my they got Brandon Marshall. Yeah I'll take a healthy Greg Jennings, a healthy Jermichael Finley, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, and Randall Cobb over any wide out the Bears can put on the field. In the Packers improved their OL a little bit and added some rushing help.

As I said, the Packers will sweep the Bears. In if Detroit can fix their inability to stop the run and at least have their secondary defend the pass...The Bears wont make the playoffs.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                  I disagree with the Bears having the best combination. Chicago's O-line is a joke, in honesty they would be destroyed if they had to play the Giants, Pittsburgh, or even us for that matter...

Plus their D is aged, not near what it was 3 years ago...

#1- Greenbay Packers.

The Aaron Rodgers project went 15-1 last year. And out of respect, they are the best team in this league until spoken otherwise.

#2- Detroit Lions

This team by far is more complete than the remaining 3 in the division. I like their defensive line far more than Chicago's. And Stafford to Johnson is 10x deadlier than Cutler to Marshall

#3- Chicago Bears

Cutler to Bmarsh is sick. Not to the potential of Stafford and Johnson, and a terrible O-line to boot. But their ztill leap and bounds over minni.

#4 Minnesota Vikings

Ponder? Curiously interesting. However right now this team completely is held up by AP, and Jared Allen.. And right now this team needs more than just 2 bright spots to fight the Bears for basement dweller
                  Actually the Bears OLine was playing quite well with Cutler under center before he was injured. Cutler was sacked 23 times in 10 games, but 14 of those sacks came in the first 3 games of the season. Over Cutler's last 3 games he was sacked twice. His sack pct. was 2.3 which was about league average. Even with all the injuries the Bears had on the OL last year, they could run the ball, 3 different RB's had 100 yard games, and before he was hurt Forte was haveing a monster year. Also with Martz gone the Bears OT's will not be on an island as much. Sacks and pressures will go down with Tice as OC with more 3 and 5 step drops, and less 7 step drops. Get the ball out of Cutler's hand quickly to huge wr's Marshall and Jeffery, and pound the ball with Forte and Bush.

Again........the Bears have 4 pro bowl players who are 34, 32, 31,31, and not one of them appears to be slowing down.

I look for the Bears to go 4-2 in the NFCN.

Comment

You're a Bears fan. You think the Bears defense is better than any defense in the NFL.

Clearly you don't pay much attention to other teams in the NFL, it wasn't too long ago when the Packers had one of the top defenses in the NFL. Majority of the defenders from that Super Bowl year is still on the team.

So based off you post, Tramon Williams will have no impact, Clay Matthews will have no impact, Jerel Worthy will have no impact, Sam Shields will have no impact, Charles Woodson will have no impact, Morgan Burnett(in underrated player) will also have zero impact, and I guess we can say B.J Raji will also have no impact. But of all players on the packers defense, you pick the rookie Nick Perry to have a bigger impact than anyone else on the team.

The Bears didn't do anything over the offseason to make them a better team than the Packers. They still have a mediocre OL, and Jay Cutler is nowhere near Aaron Rodgers level. Oh my they got Brandon Marshall. Yeah I'll take a healthy Greg Jennings, a healthy Jermichael Finley, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, and Randall Cobb over any wide out the Bears can put on the field. In the Packers improved their OL a little bit and added some rushing help.

As I said, the Packers will sweep the Bears. In if Detroit can fix their inability to stop the run and at least have their secondary defend the pass...The Bears wont make the playoffs.
                    Yes I am a Bear fan, and yes even in a down year the Bears had the best defense in the NFCN in 2011. A defense that has brought in a number of young defenders to bolster that defense in 2012.

The Packers were #32 in total defense last year, so the only place they can go is up.

Packers DL......Worthy, a rookie, so who knows what he will bring over the course of the 2012 season. Raja, went to the pro bowl in 2011, but was not the best player on that line, Pickett was, as underrated player, as Raja was overrated in 2011. Pack needs the Raja of 2010 to improve upfront.

LB..........Bishop is a huge loss, Hawk was horrible in 2011, Matthews, the best player on that defense, but he needs help, I like Perry in that role. Off the preseason he looks like he can make that move from college DL to pro OLB.

DB......Packers have yet to replace Collins. Burnett has never played FS and has had injury problems. Williams shoulder still is not 100%, and may not be this season, Woodson is an older player who may have lost a step, but still makes plays, just like Urlacher.

Packers have lost three key players from that 2010 championship team that will be hard to replace. Cullen Jenkins, still have not found a DE to replace him. Packers were foolish to let him walk. Bishop, was the best defender on the Packers last year. Collins, there is not anyone on the Packers roster that can replace him.

Until proven otherwise the Lions defense can't stop the run, 23rd the last two seasons with the same group, and they are even worse in the secondary than in 2011 with the loss of Wright and Berry.

Comment

Urlacher is 34 or 35, and just said his knee may never be the same...

Yes, their D isn't what is used to be.

Comment

Yeah I love this division in recent seasons and currently. The Bears have improved but c'mon, the Pack is just gonna be tough to beat out.

Unless they end up beating each other up the wildcard could come out of this division

I got

Pack (interchangeable 1st or 2nd)
                        Lions (interchangeable 1st or 2nd)
                        Bears
                        Vikes
                        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Yeah very tough Division the NFC North.

With that said, i honestly think the Vikings will be basement dwellers.

Next up the Lions, they just shoot themselves in the foot constantly. There not a very disciplined team, their dirty and lack self control.

Packers are good team, but they have to play a 15-1 schedule and their defense sucks.

Which leaves the Bears, they finally got around to giving Jay some weaponds. I don't care about how old their defense is, it's a great defense. They almost beat us with Caleb Hanie and no Forte. Thank god they didn't.

The Bears kinda look like the 2008 Broncos, but with better defense which is why they'll win the North.

Comment

Since when does unproven rookies make a defense the best? GB just added a bunch of rookies they drafted to there D line and that makes them better?

Comment

I think the Bears win it

Comment

Working...
                              X