NFC North.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
    1) Bears......Best balance in the North between offense, defense, and special teams.

2) Packers.....Best offense in the NFC. Will make playoffs as wildcard.

3) Lions.......Stafford to Johnson, best combo in the league. Could also make playoffs.

4) Vikings.....Bring up the rear, but could be a factor in this race.
    *1) Packers

2) Vikings

3a) Bears

3b) Lions
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
      That was an incredible game, it was just meant to be.

Ponder making incredible throws, getting that key turnover. AD is an incredible player, i'd give him MVP, what he's done this year is jaw-dropping.

Tough one for the Bears but not beating the good teams did them in.

Rodgers got it going in the 2nd half but couldn't get the stops when they needed it. GB really needed that bye, not sure they can beat SF after the tough game they'll have with the Vikes.

Don't think Lovie should get fired btw.
      I agree that was a great game. Key was Ponder having a great game with next to nothing at wr.

Tough way for the Bears to bow out, but the Vikings earned it by going 4-0 in Dec. while the Bears went 2-2, congrats to Minny.

I do expect GB to win at home, but the way the Vikings are playing it will be a tough test. Pack has yet to find a way to even slow down Peterson, and if Ponder remains hot anything can happen.

As for Lovie........it was time. Nine years is a long run as a HC in the NFL. His downfall was that he could never find the right OC. Four different OC's and the highest the Bears ever finished on offense was 15th in 2006.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        But does he deserve it???? 10 and 6 ain't bad, and yes, he had some key injuries to deal with. The only blemish for me is that The Bears couldn't beat the better teams. That might be enough.
        I do like Lovie......he's a good man.
        Yes he does. After nine years on the job and only making the playoffs three times, it is time to go. Never in those nine years could he get the offense going. This year the Bears had a Super Bowl defense, think what would have happened if they could have gotten anything out of that offense.

Comment

Yes he does. After nine years on the job and only making the playoffs three times, it is time to go. Never in those nine years could he get the offense going. This year the Bears had a Super Bowl defense, think what would have happened if they could have gotten anything out of that offense.
          Agree to a high degree.......but weren't others also responsible for that O?

Not sure why they haven't fixed that Oline yet, but overall that O group has some quality players. I haven't knocked him for a while, but I'm still not convinced about Jay. He has the arm, and he can be tough, but I still wonder about his decision-making and his leadership. It may be a bit better than when we had him, but he still hasn't had a really good year outside of his pro bowl year way back when. He has flashes, but for every flash, guys like Manning, Brady and Brees have full games.

Comment

Agree to a high degree.......but weren't others also responsible for that O?

Not sure why they haven't fixed that Oline yet, but overall that O group has some quality players. I haven't knocked him for a while, but I'm still not convinced about Jay. He has the arm, and he can be tough, but I still wonder about his decision-making and his leadership. It may be a bit better than when we had him, but he still hasn't had a really good year outside of his pro bowl year way back when. He has flashes, but for every flash, guys like Manning, Brady and Brees have full games.
            Ultimately it comes back to the HC..........it was Lovie's job to develop both sides of the ball. In nine years he had four OC's, and made bad choices on each one. In todays news conference the Bears GM, Phil Emery said Lovie was fired because of a constant lack of consistancy on the offense side of the ball.

OL problems have hurt the Bears since 2007, bad free agent signings, Pace, Omiyale, missed #1 draft picks Williams, and perhaps Carimi. Emery also addressed the OL problem. The top two OT's he thought could help the Bears in free agency this year both could not play in 2012 due to injury, the third guy on his list was Scott a RT who actually played fairly well when given a chance, 0 sacks in six starts. The Bears also lost their best OLineman, Lewis to an ACL injury. Emery also said money is not an object, we will get the OL fixed. To me that means look for the Bears to make a strong rub at Jake Long in free agancy and the #1 or #2 pick in the draft to be on the OL.

What did Jay have in Denver that he doesn't in Chicago? It all starts upfront on the OL, but Cutler has been inconsistant since he has gotten to the Bears so he has got to also take a lot of the blame. The next HC has to have the ability to build an offense that takes advantage of all of Jays skills, something Turner, Martz, and Tice never seemed to understand. I think that is why Mike McCoy is at the top of the Bears list. Cutler is a good QB not a great one, which is ok as long as he has the players around him. It's Emery's job to get that talent around Cutler, and the new HC's job to develop that talent.

Comment

Ultimately it comes back to the HC..........it was Lovie's job to develop both sides of the ball. In nine years he had four OC's, and made bad choices on each one. In todays news conference the Bears GM, Phil Emery said Lovie was fired because of a constant lack of consistancy on the offense side of the ball.

OL problems have hurt the Bears since 2007, bad free agent signings, Pace, Omiyale, missed #1 draft picks Williams, and perhaps Carimi. Emery also addressed the OL problem. The top two OT's he thought could help the Bears in free agency this year both could not play in 2012 due to injury, the third guy on his list was Scott a RT who actually played fairly well when given a chance, 0 sacks in six starts. The Bears also lost their best OLineman, Lewis to an ACL injury. Emery also said money is not an object, we will get the OL fixed. To me that means look for the Bears to make a strong rub at Jake Long in free agancy and the #1 or #2 pick in the draft to be on the OL.

What did Jay have in Denver that he doesn't in Chicago? It all starts upfront on the OL, but Cutler has been inconsistant since he has gotten to the Bears so he has got to also take a lot of the blame. The next HC has to have the ability to build an offense that takes advantage of all of Jays skills, something Turner, Martz, and Tice never seemed to understand. I think that is why Mike McCoy is at the top of the Bears list. Cutler is a good QB not a great one, which is ok as long as he has the players around him. It's Emery's job to get that talent around Cutler, and the new HC's job to develop that talent.
              You make a lot of sense. I am not going to challenge any of this....it's pretty sound. Of course you must know, some of us aren't enamoured by the seemingly bottomless pit of excuses for Jay. But we know you aren't on that list. You offer fact, and that's as good as one can ask.

Comment

• Well with the Packers loss to the 9ers NFCN is done for the year. 9ers sweep the pack out of the playoffs. Pack starts the season with a loss to the 9ers and end their season with a loss. Defense is still a problem with this team.

Comment

• I didn't even watch the game. Lost interest in the first quarter. Really disappointed in this team as a whole, we need a new OC and DC. We have the players on defense to have a good defensive team, but Don Capers isn't the right fit for these players.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• You lost interest in the 1st quarter, yet describe yourself as a die hard fan. Lol, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnShaft View Post
                      You lost interest in the 1st quarter, yet describe yourself as a die hard fan. Lol, please.
                      Yep I lost interest. As in I didn't even care. Hell I didn't even watch the first quarter, just checked in once and a while.
                      You have a problem with that, I don't care. Feel free to sit here and go on and on if it makes you feel good.
                      At the end of the day, win or lose. My team at least made it to the playoffs.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                        Yep I lost interest. As in I didn't even care. Hell I didn't even watch the first quarter, just checked in once and a while.

At the end of the day, win or lose. My team at least made it to the playoffs.
                        Which team are you talking about? Broncos..Packers...Tigers?
                        Originally posted by JohnShaft View Post
                        You lost interest in the 1st quarter, yet describe yourself as a die hard fan. Lol, please.
                        Lol, a Bears fan ripping on a cheese-head, classic.

I'll admit, i was Way Off with my predictions about the North, didn't think the Bears O-Line would be as bad as they were.

Didn't think AP would put his team on his back to the playoffs.

Although the pack won the North, i knew Sharon Rodgers would choke against the 9'rs, hell he choked against the Cardinals a few years back. At least he's consistant.

The North has a way to go yet before they can compete with the Elite teams in the NFC.

Comment

• Heck, I think we all missed most of the first Q, thanks to a certain double OT situation!

Comment

Heck, I think we all missed most of the first Q, thanks to a certain double OT situation!
                            The Broncos loss crushed my spirit. I didn't wanna see anything football related after that game. I wanted to watch the Packers but I was so pissed off. So I checked in once and a while, saw them getting torched. Decided screw it, not even gonna pay attention. Wasn't gonna watch both my teams look like fools out there.

I haven't even watched anything sport related since the Broncos game. I don't wanna see either game again at all.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                              I didn't even watch the game. Lost interest in the first quarter. Really disappointed in this team as a whole, we need a new OC and DC. We have the players on defense to have a good defensive team, but Don Capers isn't the right fit for these players.
                              One thing the Pack does need is a healthy Bishop at inside LB and Perry on the outside, that hurt the D big time all year long.

After the game Rodgers said he was sorry to see the season end because he expects a lot of changes in the team with new players coming in and others moving on. Driver, Jennings etc.

Comment

Heck, I think we all missed most of the first Q, thanks to a certain double OT situation!
                                Broncos game should never have gotten to OT. How could a safety play a 70 yard pass that poorly and then take the ball out of Manning's hands with 31 seconds left in the game?

Comment

Working...
                                X