Chicago Bears V Indianapolis Colts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Bears V Indianapolis Colts

Is anyone else watching this. What a horrible start by the Chicago Bears. Jay Cutler with a pick six and on every snap so far he has been running for his life. I don't know what the Bears have been doing with their drafts in recent years however their offensive line is still the worst in this league.

Based off of last years play prior to injuries to big time players I thought the Bears would be a superbowl contender this year. However if their offensive line plays like this all year long I doubt that will be the case. Jay Cutler is going to have to do it all with a lot of help from Forte.

Yeah I was just as taken back after those first couple series

They did answer with a really nice TD drive albeit with a lot of official's help

It just goes to show how great a season our OL had in Cutler's rookie year
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Luck looks good, as does RGIII today. Watching them the most this morning. I am quite impressed.
      sigpic

Comment

I been watching the Wash game mostly but flipped to this one a couple times as I have Wayne in two fantasy leagues

The Chicago OL has sucked since 2009...no idea why they have not improved it more by now. You spend that much resources on a QB you should spend some resources on a OL.

Wash OL is pretty good and has two castoffs from our OL in Polumbus and Lichen-something

Guess the bears just suck at scouting OL players
        Let's Ride!

Comment

Well this game is now a train wreck, going to be a long year for the Colts
          sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Jay Cutler looks great after that bad start and the team looks great. This scoreline is going to get really ugly here. But some of these passes Jay Cutler makes is amazing. And watching him and Brandon Marshall together again is exciting yet it annoys me. What could have been here.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
              Jay Cutler looks great after that bad start and the team looks great. This scoreline is going to get really ugly here. But some of these passes Jay Cutler makes is amazing. And watching him and Brandon Marshall together again is exciting yet it annoys me. What could have been here.
              Yea, i thought for sure they were in trouble after their first series which has to go down as one of the worst in NFL history
              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

The first series started out at the 15 yard line and the second series was around the 5. Why would you judge a team's entire draft and season based on two series from deep in their own territory? I think the Bears have a pretty darn good team. They are better than the Broncos for sure. I expect to see the Steelers take the victory tonite. Good luck with that OLD QB with the wishbone neck.

Comment

I didn't base their whole season off one series. Just that if the offensive line plays like that and like they have for the last 3 years then they will struggle. Last year even when Cutler played great the offensive line was still horrible so they could overcome it. And it is undeniable how bad the building of the offensive line in Chicago is.

And I wouldn't say Chicago is better then Denver. Quarterback and offensive line goes to Denver. Running back goes to Chicago and Wide Receiver is pretty close to a wash and the most arguable part of the team. Defensively I would give it to Chicago however in a head to head matchup I would take our offense.
                  Last edited by johnlimburg; 09-09-2012, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I don't know what the Bears have been doing with their drafts in recent years...YOU SURE DON'T

The Bears drafted Gabe Carimi last year. Carimi had 49 starts at left tackle in his four-year Wisconsin Badgers college career, which culminated at the 2011 Rose Bowl. He was awarded the 2010 Outland Trophy, as the nation's top collegiate interior lineman. He was also a unanimous All-American, and the Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year.

In Week 2 against the Saints, Carimi suffered a knee injury. He was eventually placed on injured reserve.

Comment

I know he was drafted. And it was a good pick. However for 3 straight years your offensive line has been terrible. You have a franchise quarterback and made a point of going and adding talent for the quarterback to throw to. And it looks good. However the offensive line and the things that have been done don't seem to be helping and overall the unit is one of the worst in the league.

Comment

You're forgetting that we had Martz who causes all offensive lines to look bad. He is no longer with the team.
                        You also want to ignore the fact that the top pick was injured. We could use a better left tackle, that is about all.
                        By the way...Bears 34 and Colts 21. The line must be doing something good.

Comment

That is true. His scheme was not in anyway suited for the poor offensive line that Chicago have. I agree with you and that and I am not ignoring the fact that their top pick a year ago was injured. I said it was a good pick. However even if he steps in the unit is still overall poor. And as an NFL player it is unknown really what he is.

And I think you have me mistaken for someone who dislikes the Bears. I think that they are a good team and will be superbowl contenders. My problem though with the team like everyone else out there is the offensive line. It is bad and that is the bottom line. And if anything is going to hold them back it will be the offensive line.

And yes the offensive line has done some good things. Especially in the run game. When the Bears opened this game up it was because of there good run blocking in part. However Jay Cutler has still been under pressure and you just seen it then. That pass to Marshall. The pocket was collapsing but it was a great throw and catch.

Comment

Dude, you need to see the bomb that Cutler just threw to Alshon Jeffery with great protection as Cutler wasn't touched. TD BEARS!!!!! Learn the game bud.

Comment

Originally posted by 344051 View Post
                              Dude, you need to see the bomb that Cutler just threw to Alshon Jeffery with great protection as Cutler wasn't touched. TD BEARS!!!!! Learn the game bud.
                              Dont worry Alshon is fat and lacks work-ethic according to some on these boards...
                              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Working...
                              X