here we go with the pink again..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here we go with the pink again..

sorry but does every year have to feature pink on the players uniforms and does it have to be a MONTH long? what about a week, commish?this is an eyesore already and taking one out of the three regular season months to decorate the unis pink is too much already. can we get up a petition to decrease the pink uniform down to one week, we are the MAIN fanbase after all aernt we?..oh and save your "its for breast cancer" comments I know what its for thanks.

It's ridiculous. Only someone with an ego the size Goodell has would allow something like this into the NFL

One week? meh Might be reasonable but a month? NFL colors and uniforms are sacred - why mess with em?

And don't go saying we're bad people because we disagree with the hideous pink. Doesn't mean we're not sympathetic to cancer victims.

Personally I detest it. And I think it's wrong
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Does it hurt the game? No

Does it change the outcome of games? No

Does it bring awareness to cancer? Yes

Seems to be okay with me.
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

you're bad people dizzolve ... hah

I don't know.. I don't think its that bad.. doesn't really bother me.

Comment

But Goodell will turn around and fine a guy for wearing a certain shoe or the wrong undershirt

Comment

I don't see a problem with it, honestly.

Comment

The entire month is a bit ridiculous

It's all a ploy to get females to wanna sport the NFL stuff too ...

Why Breast Cancer? When heart problems account for 50% of all deaths in the U.S.? And we can actually do something (moreso) for heart conditions than breast cancer

Just another ploy for $ don't ANYONE kid yourself lol

Comment

I can't stand this pink crap. It's a disrespect to the tradition of the uniforms. I can't imagine Butkus and Deacon Jones wearing pink gear. And the goal is to raise money by auctioning the players' apparel. Well, I bet they would make much more money if the fans could bid on nice gloves and cleats with their team colors. Who wants to get a pink towel? Really? It's stupid. Cancer awareness? Fine, nothing against it. I just don't know why a campaign for cancer awareness must pollute the football field with pink stuff. I don't get it. Make auctions with regular gear, use banners at the stadiums, advertisement on TV, etc. A bunch of football players wearing pink gloves is simply ridiculous.
                sigpic

Comment

It's to increase the number women viewers. Men are not gonna stop watching cause they are wearing pink. But they can possibly gain extra women viewers.

Might as well get use to it....
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm a little appalled so many people have a problem with it.

Then again, not everyone has had family members die from breast cancer I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                      I'm a little appalled so many people have a problem with it.

Then again, not everyone has had family members die from breast cancer I guess.
                      No kidding...

Comment

The only problem I have with it is that it is limited to breast cancer and that is what I have a problem with.

Adopted Broncos:
                        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                        Adopted posters:
                        Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                          It's to increase the number women viewers. Men are not gonna stop watching cause they are wearing pink. But they can possibly gain extra women viewers.
                          You're probably right

Noble motivation

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                            The only problem I have with it is that it is limited to breast cancer and that is what I have a problem with.
                            I agree, but there is no "cancer awareness month." Anyway, all the proceeds from the pink gear go to the American cancer society. They've raised something like 4 million bucks. All the gear players wear gets signed and auctioned off for the charity too.

Comment

This thread is a little insensitive... Its not a big deal. Just look at it this way, at least the NFL is not going to allow teams to put corporate logo advertisements on their jerseys in the near future like the NBA.

You won't have to see "Coca-Cola" or "Budweiser" all over your favorite team/players jersey while he's making a big play. All you have to deal with is some pink gloves or something for one month.
                              Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

Working...
                              X