I'm So Tired of John Gruden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm So Tired of John Gruden

Every player is the best he's ever seen...

He just said Corey Wooton is like a young Julius Peppers ...then referred to him sacking Favre once as evidence loll...smh

*Jon Gruden

Comment

I love grudges one of the best announcers IMO. He knows his stuff and doesn't say retarded things like collinsworth or madden used to
      So far:
      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

He really seems jacked up on some kind of upper tonite
        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

I'll just leave it here.....

Team Broncos!
          2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

What the hell lolll I didn't see that

Comment

I love chucky.

Comment

chucky cracks me up

Comment

He's funny and I think he's a great announcer. He goes way overboard with his love for each week's players. I'm just starting to think it's like 'his thing' like Madden stating the obvious and Collinsworth being a pedophile dork.

Comment

I love the guy but yeah he does get a little too "this guy is the greatest ______ I've ever seen at the _______ position."

Comment

He has a lot of football knowledge, its just that he's trying to put on this fake happy image where he loves every player even though people know guys like Romo are not as good as he is hyping them up to be.

He just needs to be himself. Stop being so fake and sucking up to get a future head coaching position.
                      Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

sigpic
                        2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                        2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                        BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Originally posted by powderblues View Post
                          He has a lot of football knowledge, its just that he's trying to put on this fake happy image where he loves every player even though people know guys like Romo are not as good as he is hyping them up to be.

He just needs to be himself. Stop being so fake and sucking up to get a future head coaching position.
                          I don't think it's fake. Generally speaking, most football coaches are enthusiastic, upbeat, positive people. Now that there are so many former coaches on TV, some people find that demeanor annoying. It's just the way they are.

Some of my family members thought John Madden was stupid and annoying. My reaction was "What's the matter with you? Why don't you like John Madden? He's a coaching legend."

Coaches have an odd sense of humor that gets past non-football people. An old friend and I used to say, "If nickel is five defensive backs, dime should be ten." We didn't coach DBs.
                          Last edited by samparnell; 10-01-2012, 09:28 PM.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I used to really love Chucky but he's a little stale to me anymore

But I have to say he's many notches above Jaws in the tolerability department
                            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

I like Gruden, but I think sometimes he and other commentators build things up too much.

Like 'THATS AN AMAZING PLAY'.... 'HOW DID THE QB PULL OFF THAT MIRACLE THROW'

When its a pretty standard pass to an open guy.

I just wish they called it how it is and kept it real. Every play is so amazing it cheapens it when we do actually see a really good play.

Back to Gruden, as I said I do like the guy but he's not very good describing things, unlike Collingsworth.

At one point he was asked how the Bears can play a standard cover 2 with no gimics and be successful in todays NFL when there are so many disguised formations. This was a good question, but instead of giving a detailed insight into how the Bears D makes it works Gruden just said - 'They have pride and talent' GREAT ANSWER LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X