Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Ex-Broncos QB (Orton, Quinn, Tebow) Will Start First?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quinning!!

Comment

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ush-for-tebow/

Report: Woody Johnson eventually will push for Tebow

The Jets have dominated the news in recent days, and not for good reasons.

It will continue, and not for good reasons.

Eventually, it will result in the news that Tim Tebow is the quarterback.

Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com recently reported that two people “who know Johnson, and know how he runs his football operation believe he will push his football people to start Tebow.

Without knowing who the two people are, it’s impossible to assess the credibility or potential accuracy of the report. But it won’t be a surprise if that’s what Johnson does.

Indeed, we’ve been saying all week that Johnson eventually will. Though I don’t personally know Johnson and have no idea how he runs his football operation (some fans would say Johnson doesn’t, either), common sense suggests that he’ll eventually give the order to use the guy who led the Broncos to the playoffs in 2011.

With the season quickly circling the drain, the Jets need a kick in the ass. Tebow possibly can provide that.

Either way, it can’t get much worse.

Well, maybe it can. But there’s only one way to find out.
      sigpic
      2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
      2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
      BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

I think Tebow will start after the Jets get destroyed by the Texans on MNF. Then Quinn in the coming weeks. Then Orton IF Romo gets injured.
        sigpic
        Thanks, MHS!

Comment

I just hope Brady Quinn is starting in KC by the time we play them. That would be a good time.

Comment

Woody Johnson is an idiot. Not to discuss politics here but when he was asked whether or not he prefer the Jets to have a great season or Romney be elected president he chose the later. If I was a Jets fans I would have been pissed to the max for the extension of Sanchez, the trading for Tebow and now this comment. The guy should fire himself and I can't imagine the coaching staff is to happy with him either. And based on the way Tebow looked in the pre season and his time in Denver I can't imagine the coaching staff would be too excited to play him.

Comment

Most likely Quinn. Orton won't unseat Romo. Tebow will probably get a shot at some point this season, but Ryan will stick with Sanchez as long as he possibly can. I think Cassell is on a short leash right now.
              sigpic

Comment

sigpic
                2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

It is hilarious to me how quick some posters are to rip Tebow after what he did for us last year. We even have somebody who has "studied the film" lmao. Like that guy knows anything, if he did he probably wouldn't need to post on some fan site. End of the day, he is still Tim Tebow and we're not, and that is the reason people put him down every chance they get. Pure jealously imo. Im not even a Tebow follower but am now understanding why they would get so riled up around here last season lmao.
                  Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
                    It is hilarious to me how quick some posters are to rip Tebow after what he did for us last year. We even have somebody who has "studied the film" lmao. Like that guy knows anything, if he did he probably wouldn't need to post on some fan site. End of the day, he is still Tim Tebow and we're not, and that is the reason people put him down every chance they get. Pure jealously imo. Im not even a Tebow follower but am now understanding why they would get so riled up around here last season lmao.
                    You are refering to me and I have gone back and watched it as I said. As I did after every game last year. As I displayed in posting over Tebows starting here. As I was right about him all along and continue to be.

As always though you get people who have no clue what they are talking about trying to say people are hating or jelous because they can actually see the obvious poor play and are right. And it disagrees with peoples illusion of Tebow. Therefor they are haters or jelous or both.

And I am not riled up. Just stating the obvious that is known to anyone that is not a Tebow lover or admirer. And if you care to tell me how I am wrong then go ahead and do it. But you wont be able to so I bet you don't reply. Typical really and expected. But please respond. Would love to see your reply.

And jelousy has nothing to do with it. I like many football players and talk praise for them when they deserve it. And they are actual good players. Yet why would I if I were jelous ? Good try guy

EDIT: AFTER A QUICK SEARCH OF YOUR POSTING HISTORY AND ALSO YOU SAID IF I KNEW ANYTHING I WOULDN"T BE POSTING ON A FAN SITE. WELL HOW SILLY DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO SAY THAT WHEN IT APPLIES TO YOU AND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING AS WELL. AND I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. SEE WHAT I SAID TEBOW IN THE PAST. FULL OF RIGHTNESS.
                    Last edited by johnlimburg; 10-07-2012, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
                      The reasons people hate Tebow are many but imo it usually says much more about the person bashing Tebow then it says about Tim.
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Absolutely agree with everything you wrote Hadez, was the point I was trying to get across. Great point!

Comment

In response to you John, didnt mean to call you out in a personal sort of way. However, in my short time here as a poster I recall you referencing your film study as your primary reason for the opinions you present. Well that's awesome that you feel you can break down film and form an unbiased opinion on a player, a skill I wish I had. With that said, I don't know you or how much skill you have in film study. Am I supposed to just take your word for it? What I do know about football is this, you play to win the game, not to look good and put up awesome stats. While I will be the first to admit that Tebow has a long ways to go in becoming an NFL QB, he undoubtedly made a positive impact on this team last season and was a major reason for both our success and failures. You don't seem to want to admit that, which is no surprise. I like you, have the ability to look back on a posters history and to be frank you come off as arrogant and condescending.

Comment

Oh and John I haven't been prancing around acting like I am a scout or evaluator, so not sure what your point is about me posting on here? That comment was about your obviously inflated opinion of your own abilities. I could be wrong, maybe you're secretly a scout or great untapped resource, but I will choose to assume the more logical option.

Comment

Quinn is in
                              Team Broncos!
                              2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

Quinn should be starting next week. If they let Cassel start again they would pretty much be admitting they like their quarterback embarrassing their franchise on a weekly basis.

Comment

Working...
                                X