Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of All The QBs Who Have Come And Gone Since Elway Left.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of All The QBs Who Have Come And Gone Since Elway Left.............

Which one are you happiest is gone?

Griese
    Plummer
    Cutler
    Orton
    Tebow
    Griese
    0.00%
    Plummer
    11.43%
    Cutler
    17.14%
    Orton
    45.71%
    Tebow
    25.71%

The poll is expired.

"Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Cutler, should never have drafted him in the first place and we got a hell of a deal off Chicago, just a shame we never spent the draft picks better.
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Originally posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
      Cutler, should never have drafted him in the first place and we got a hell of a deal off Chicago, just a shame we never spent the draft picks better.
      You got the going bid for him. If McDaniels liked Jason Campbell better than Orton he would have been a Redskin. Glad he liked what he saw in Orton.

Comment

Tebow. Than Orton, Cutler, Griese, Plummer. I like Plummer we had some good teams with him!
        sigpic

Comment

Beuerlein. What a crybaby.

sigpic

Comment

Yea, I liked Jake the snake, too...He did have a swagger...
            Bronco fan sine '61...

Comment

Crybaby Cutler and it isn't even close. I think I hate cutler as much as a person can possibly hate an athlete. I hated him when we drafted him, I tried to learn to like him while he was here, but couldn't stand the way he acted. And then he disrespected the city of Denver and every Broncos fan when he got to Chicago. Omg I can't even explain how bad I hate that guy....

Ok rant over.

Also, anyone who didn't like Plummer is crazy. He has been the most successful QB here since Elway by a long shot. And his beard was mighty epic.

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                Crybaby Cutler and it isn't even close. I think I hate cutler as much as a person can possibly hate an athlete. I hated him when we drafted him, I tried to learn to like him while he was here, but couldn't stand the way he acted. And then he disrespected the city of Denver and every Broncos fan when he got to Chicago. Omg I can't even explain how bad I hate that guy....

Ok rant over.

Also, anyone who didn't like Plummer is crazy. He has been the most successful QB here since Elway by a long shot. And his beard was mighty epic.
                I feel the same way towards Cutler, always did
                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Of all of those players, Cutler and Griese were good guys that did a lot of charity and weren't good with the media. Orton was a quiet, conservative guy and Tebow is clearly a great guy.

The one exception is Plummer. When Shanahan was fired and everyone was celebrating his legacy here, Plummer was the one guy who took his shots and the "snake" that he is, he waited for Shanahan to be fired before taking cheap shots at him. This is also someone who thought he was too good to sit on the bench and would rather retire than be a solid backup and mentor for the new franchise QB. Finally, the guy that cost us a third Super Bowl - Jake the (ungrateful) snake.
                  Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Really? This board should be lit up for votes for Pocket Sloth, ole Friar of the Featle position.

The Phantom Fumbler..

The Phantom Sacks..

Possibly the worst QB to ever lace em up for the Bronco's.

Comment

Originally posted by Chitown View Post
                      You got the going bid for him. If McDaniels liked Jason Campbell better than Orton he would have been a Redskin. Glad he liked what he saw in Orton.
                      My suspicion is that it wasn't about Orton and Campbell at all. Bowlen is good friends with both Shanahan and Snyder and likely had a clue as to where Shanahan was going to end up (Snyder wanted him more desperately than any other owner). I'm guessing Bowlen didn't want Shanahan's favorite QB waiting for him in Washington when he got there. That's the only explanation for why Snyder got outbid. If it was truly an open auction, Snyder would have thrown in another first or second round pick to sweeten the pot.
                      Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Kyle Friggin' Orton-"ary"

The most uninspired and unathletic quarterback I've ever seen play for the Broncos.

Comment

Griese: No opinion. I was overseas, so I didn't get to see the Broncos for awhile. It's gotta be tough for anyone trying to fill Elway's shoes, though.

Plummer: I didn't look at message boards much, then. From the media and talking to folks, though, it seemed like he turned into the fall guy for what was wrong with the Broncos. He was never perfect or the "greatest", but he gave good effort, and contributed alot to our wins while he was here. I liked him some, but I wasn't heartbroke when Cutler was drafted.

Cutler: You could tell within the first 5 minutes of the game whether we were going to win or lose. If he was hot, we were great. If it was one of his bad days, it didn't matter what anyone else did. He was gonna lose it for us. I don't like him one bit, but he had talent, and there was always hope for a win.

Tebow: Why would people complain about a guy who took a tanked season, which even management thought was over, and helped turn it around and get us to the playoffs? He'd make you pull your hair out through 3 quarters, but you knew something exciting was going to happen in the 4th. The game was never over til it was over.

Orton: Uggggghhhh... Saving the best for last, The Worst Bronco I've Ever Had the Displeasure of Watching. Gave up on plays far too often, couldn't move, sacked himself several times, phantom fumbler, "snatch defeat from the jaws of victory"er, stat padder, blame shifer, uninspirer, demotivator, anti-clutch'er, neckbearder, etc etc etc. I could barely stand to watch the Broncos during this time, because I knew that if the game was close, almost every time, he would find a way to lose. I never felt so hopeless about a team as I did about the Broncos with Orton at QB

I should also mention that I was actually "alright" with him through the first season. Figured he would work on a couple things, and possibly get better. But the next season was just so much worse. I went from "meh" to "get this guy out of town" during the '10 season.

Comment

Plummer, biggest waste of QB talent I have seen in Denver. Guy could have been special if he was willing to work for it.

He essentially rode the top 10 defense (in all three catagories two years) and elite running game to 3 playoffs. The quote I read about him not wanting to study/work more and wondering why Shanahan was pushing him to study/work so much while he had a sub-80 QB Rating year pretty much summed it up for me and Plummer.

If Plummer worked as hard as Tebow then we probably win a Super Bowl and never draft Cutler.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                              Plummer, biggest waste of QB talent I have seen in Denver. Guy could have been special if he was willing to work for it.

He essentially rode the top 10 defense (in all three catagories two years) and elite running game to 3 playoffs. The quote I read about him not wanting to study/work more and wondering why Shanahan was pushing him to study/work so much while he had a sub-80 QB Rating year pretty much summed it up for me and Plummer.

If Plummer worked as hard as Tebow then we probably win a Super Bowl and never draft Cutler.
                              Do you really think Plummer had/has more talent than Cutler? If he really didn't want to work, then why do you suppose that his teammates loved him?

Comment

Working...
                              X