Well Charlie, the Browns won

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    So it's not the same roster and like others said its been 15 years...they are the browns
    Ha Ha Ha

They are not the Browns. They are the 'Browns'.

The Browns existed from 1946 to 1995 and then ceased to exist.

Then, a new team came into existence in 1999 claiming to be the "Browns".

They are not the Browns - they are impostors.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

I thought the Browns played fairly well today. Joe Haden is damn good as well.
      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
        I thought the Browns
        Grr.. this really ticks me off. For years you people sat here telling me that the Browns are gone. Now, when I agree with you - all of you say "they are the Browns now". They are not the darn Browns - the Browns are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
          Grr.. this really ticks me off. For years you people sat here telling me that the Browns are gone. Now, when I agree with you - all of you say "they are the Browns now". They are not the darn Browns - the Browns are gone.
          Sorry next time I'll add " " so you'll be happy
          sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

well how should we call them Charlie ? Their name is the browns after all.....
            sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
              well how should we call them Charlie ? Their name is the browns after all.....
              Cleveland

Not Browns

Comment

just support your flipping team! you sound like the KC fans booing an injury. there are some players on the """"""browns""""""" roster that probably put their heart out there and you don't give one of them, not ONE of them credit for doing so.

being a fan of a team is to support in the bad times and the good times....

Comment

Wow- sour grapes no matter WHAT!

LOL- must suck to be that down on something all the time- I just don't understand it to be quite honest.

Comment

Why are you a fan then Charlie? It's not the team you grew up loving... & you don't have an attachment to the city right?

Comment

I don't know why y'all criticize how Charlie is down on the 'Browns.' Just because he expresses his true feelings on the state of that team (which aren't very positive, and can you honestly blame him?) doesn't give any of you the right to question his fan hood.

I personally believe it takes a bigger fan to get pissed off about his or her team, rather than just go with the flow and act like everything will always work out for the best.

Look at what the Brown used to be (for those of you that are old enough to remember them in the 80's and 90's). The Browns were a perennially winning franchise that upped and moved in the middle if the night. Now older Browns fans like Charlie is forced to watch the constant success the Ravens are enjoying, thinking "they could've been doing that here in Cleveland!"

We Bronco fans never had to watch Elway, TD, Rod Smith or Steve Atwater move to California in the middle of the night and become the Chargers, and then were forced to watch a new crappy expansion team take the name of the Broncos.

Wouldn't YOU be just a little bitter if that ever happened?
                      Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
                        I don't know why y'all criticize how Charlie is down on the 'Browns.' Just because he expresses his true feelings on the state of that team (which aren't very positive, and can you honestly blame him?) doesn't give any of you the right to question his fan hood.

I personally believe it takes a bigger fan to get pissed off about his or her team, rather than just go with the flow and act like everything will always work out for the best.

Look at what the Brown used to be (for those of you that are old enough to remember them in the 80's and 90's). The Browns were a perennially winning franchise that upped and moved in the middle if the night. Now older Browns fans like Charlie is forced to watch the constant success the Ravens are enjoying, thinking "they could've been doing that here in Cleveland!"

We Bronco fans never had to watch Elway, TD, Rod Smith or Steve Atwater move to California in the middle of the night and become the Chargers, and then were forced to watch a new crappy expansion team take the name of the Broncos.

Wouldn't YOU be just a little bitter if that ever happened?
                        I hear what you're saying man but getting your first win this season should rank as a little blip on the happiness radar. But nah, nothing dog.

I've been a Broncos fan since the mid 80's when I was old enough to start riding a bike. We've been through some tough times since then.

Like I said, I don't get it.

Comment

Ha Ha Ha

They are not the Browns. They are the 'Browns'.

The Browns existed from 1946 to 1995 and then ceased to exist.

Then, a new team came into existence in 1999 claiming to be the "Browns".

They are not the Browns - they are impostors.
                          If these were your only two choices, would you rather have it like it is where this new expansion team comes in and gets the Brown's history attached to it, or have had the Browns franchise and history transferred to Baltimore in 96 when the team left? At least they could've won a Super Bowl as the Browns.
                          2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

Here I thought you were a die-hard fan. If you can't be happy with wins, then why do you watch football? I watch for my dad
                            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
                              Why are you a fan then Charlie? It's not the team you grew up loving... & you don't have an attachment to the city right?
                              Because I hope that one day the team will actually live up to its namesake and live up to the team I had when I was little. This team is so far removed from its namesake that it shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

The proud history that the team had is now spat on by everyone around the NFL because it is a "loser". Browns fans used to have something to hold their head up high to - where people envied the team. Now, it is a constant joke.

Try having something you love and are proud of, be turned into a jack-in-the-box and then tell me not to have "sour grapes".

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
                                If these were your only two choices, would you rather have it like it is where this new expansion team comes in and gets the Brown's history attached to it, or have had the Browns franchise and history transferred to Baltimore in 96 when the team left? At least they could've won a Super Bowl as the Browns.
                                Those are not the only two choices that were available.

How about these choices that sound much better:

1. Baltimore gets their team, but plays in a different division. The Browns return which ensures that the team's rivalries continue.
                                2. Baltimore gets their team as an expansion team in 99, the NFL blocks the move of the Browns and forces Modell to sell the team.

I think those two options are preferable to what happened.

With the choice that was forced on the fans, it could be 50, 60, 70 years until this team even resembles what the Browns did. But, by that time, I will be gone and everyone that knew anything about the Browns and what they represented will be gone.

This team is not the Browns.

Comment

Working...
                                X