• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankenpost
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    1-5 record, end of story.
    Yeah you could look at it like that i guess. Makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• PowderAddict
    replied
    A regular ray of freakin sunshine

Leave a comment:

• 91bronco
    replied
    Let's be honest here for a moment- the glass is half empty with Charlie- it just seems to be the way it is. Some of us are even finding ways to be upbeat about the Browns situation and long overdue win.

To Charlie- I'm not trying to come down on you but I know what I'm going to get when I read one of your posts- I only read them when I want to wallow in my pity/sad times. There have been a couple of note in Denver the recently.

Just calling it like I see it.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Jimmy Haslam just paid $1 billion for that 1-5 team.
    I do not like him. I cannot stand him already. He is a Daniel Snyder like owner looking to destroy the team.

Instead of focusing on turning the team around - his first order of business is "making money".

He is planning on turning the Browns stadium into a domed stadium - does that sound like AFC North football - NO.

He is planning on getting rid of the jersey and "redesigning it". He also plans on having a professional cheerleading squad for the Browns. Furthermore, he plans on giving away naming rights to the Browns stadium.

The Browns have played in two stadiums:
    Cleveland Municipal Stadium & Cleveland Browns Stadium

Every bit of that goes against Browns tradition. Pretty much my dream for the Browns returning is being destroyed every single day and Haslam is the final nail in the coffin.

Leave a comment:

• canadiansbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
    Holmgren is out; is Weeden to follow? Probably. The Browns just don't care when it comes to the QB position, and Weeden was drafted at the end of the 1st like Brady Quinn, so they don't owe him anything if a top QB is sitting there.

I hope you like Geno Smith, Charlie.
    Probably doesn't lol

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    Holmgren is out; is Weeden to follow? Probably. The Browns just don't care when it comes to the QB position, and Weeden was drafted at the end of the 1st like Brady Quinn, so they don't owe him anything if a top QB is sitting there.

I hope you like Geno Smith, Charlie.

Leave a comment:

• Remedy
    replied
    and promptly gave Holmgren his walking papers.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Jimmy Haslam just paid $1 billion for that 1-5 team.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Charlie won't say it, but this is a different defense with Haden. He got beat on a deep one, but that's going to happen from time to time. He doesn't have crazy speed, and plays physical downfield. I think he's the most physical corner in the game right now. Beast. I think these guys can win a lot of games with this defense, as long as Weeden continues to make big throws w/o throwing picks. They have the running backs.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    Did they get lucky or was this a good game for them?
    I'm just wondering if the Browns winning makes him happy or sad

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkB View Post
    BTW

Dov Kleiman ‏@NFL_RealUpdates
    #Browns will fire president Mike Holmgren and will make Joe Banner the president instead.
    Sounds like Holmgren will stay the rest of the year and then retire.

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied
    BTW

Dov Kleiman ‏@NFL_RealUpdates
    #Browns will fire president Mike Holmgren and will make Joe Banner the president instead.

Leave a comment:

• MorenoFan27
    replied
    Originally posted by JerseyBronco58 View Post
    Better than 0-6, end of story.

Your team won a damn game. Would you rather they lose? Should they all slowly walk off the field moping afterwards thinking "Aw shucks, we won."?

Unless you can go back in time, it is what it is. Either support the team or don't, but don't just whine your way through the season. Everything starts with a win, take it one game at a time. You're better than you were at the beginning of the season, better than you were last week.
    Exactly. I've never seen someone act like he does after a win and with a rookie quarterback/runningback who look better each week. (Trent got hurt last week unfortunately, but obviously is the best RB in his class)

Leave a comment:

• MorenoFan27
    replied
    I watch the browns every week and grew up with a father who was and is a die hard Browns fan. So I have grown to like them quite a lot. Sure I know they have not been good in what seems like forever, but it is a damn win. Weeden improves every week with receivers who drop easy passes (Greg Little) and Trent looks good as well. (although I bet you think he doesn't). The defense is solid but inconsistent. Shurmur is a retard, and they need to draft real receivers. However, complaining after a win is ridiculous. They played their hearts out against a rival, and you act like this. Support "your" team.

Leave a comment:

• Frenchy180
    replied
    Alright everyone... Let's take a second to think about it from Charlies perspective... After the '96 loss to Jacksonville in the Wild Card round, Bowlen announces he's moving the team even though other options exist for getting a new stadium in Denver. The city fights for the team, and the NFL says "oh, sorry Denver, you lose, but I guess you can keep your history, colors, and team name, we'll put together a brand new team just for you really soon! they'll even play in that new stadium that would have housed the team you already had!" the next year the Broncos win the Super Bowl... Then the next they win another Super Bowl, and then we finally get our expansion team! "Woo! the Broncos are back in town!" and then we have to deal with 15+ years of below crap level play, while the old Broncos go on to have 15+ years of average to above average play with signs of promise.

Think about that for a second. Now if I was standing in front of any of you, I'd tell you to look me in the eyes and tell me you wouldn't be the least bit bitter about the crap being shoved down your throat by the team and the league. Not a single one of you would be able to tell me you weren't pissed off about that... Charlie is holding on to the last shreds of what his team was, in hopes that someday, maybe, just maybe they will return to glory even though he doesn't see even a glimmer of hope. Don't tell him he's not a true fan because he's pissed off about the plate of crap he's been force fed. You don't truly understand the situation the Browns and their fans are in if you don't understand that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X