Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall97
    replied
    Mike Mccoy didnt take tebow out on the 3 yard line as well.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    I think this means Mike McCoy knew a couple of things about running an offense with Tebow in it. Now he's on to something completely different.

Leave a comment:

• GoManning
    replied
    Rushing ATT YDS TD LG

T. Tebow 4 12 0 4

:thumb:

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Well, Tebow did play RB against the Pats today. They just by-passed the hand-off.

Leave a comment:

• PhoenixDread
    replied
    If it were Bill Belichick putting Tebow at RB he'd be such a genius and the guys in the media would praise him before the game even begins. Go figure

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    The Jets' QB moves are hard to understand.

Leave a comment:

• Jay3
    replied
    Confirmed that Tebow has taken no reps at RB. No more of a story than there's ever been. A reporter asked Rex if it was possible Tebow would play RB, because the Jets are down to 2 RB's due to injuries. He answered "it's always a possibility."

Translation -- non-story. Tebow wouldn't be well suited for RB.

The O'Connell thing, though -- that has had me wondering all week.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    If it's about the injuries, then it makes perfect sense to put Tebow in at RB for a few plays.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
    I honestly feel this is smoke and mirrors to get NE to waste time planning for something that won't happen.
    I don't know, Rex Ryan is bad at making smokescreen. If this is a joke, it'd be very obvious.

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    I don't think he's fast or elusive enough to be a running back, to be honest. He's got decent speed, but he's more of a strength guy. I'd have him play TE.
    I'd say FB, kinda like John Kuhn. He isn't fast, but is big and strong.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Some laughed at Tebow as PP. Now, some scoff about RB. Watch out for HB Pass a la Paul Hornung.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    I don't think he's fast or elusive enough to be a running back, to be honest. He's got decent speed, but he's more of a strength guy. I'd have him play TE.
    Neither was Jerome Bettis....Some backs will evade you others will run you into the ground, Tebow's of the later mold.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Well, he hasn't played that much thus far in his career, and he is 245 pounds. I think he'd probably hold up with 15 carries a game. Right now Ryan is probably thinking about job security.
    Plus Tebow told him he'd show him his feet if he got him in the game a little more often.

Leave a comment:

• Mount-n-Groan
    replied
    I've always thought that the "Tebow should be a TE" talk was overstated, and quite frankly, a little baffling. Eventually he would probably be pretty good at it if he practiced enough, but the TE skillset involves blocking and pass catching. Tebow's strength is his running ability. Making him a TE would be a waste of his talent and I know of nothing other than his God given athletic ability that says that he would be even remotely proficient at the TE position. IIRC Tony Gonzales went off on this subject and claimed that TE was the most difficult position to learn and master other than the QB. And I tend to agree with him.

Tebow as a TE? NO! But, as a (power-style) running back... there could be something there. He isn't the fastest guy in the world, but he's exceptional at reading blocks and lowering his shoulder for the tough yards. But, like Jet said, this could be a feint too.

I'd still like to see it though.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Well, they are without McKnight and Powell their #2/3 RB's, so it could happen for a few plays to give Greene a breather....
    oh, well that makes more sense i guess. i can see them doing it if they don't have anyone else healthy.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    he will get shut down as a running back,mark my words. i don't understand why they don't use him as the QB in all short yardage situations and on the goaline? tebow needs the threat of the pass to be effective running the ball, just as a runner he is too slow.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X