Aaron Rodgers ripped by Shannon Sharpe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Rodgers ripped by Shannon Sharpe

Shannon Sharpe said that he sees a lot of finger-pointing from Aaron Rodgers and doesn't think the reigning league MVP is a good person.

Let the double standards commence! How dare he say something about the incomparable Aaron Rodgers?!!!
    Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Im not getting into Shannon.. but since Aaron has won his SB and the MVP he does seem to be much more cocky then he was. I don't like the Aaron I'm seeing on the field now.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Shannon has gotten to be way too critical of players IMO. Aaron Rodgers is the reigning MVP, A Super Bowl Champion, and arguably the best QB in the league. He reserves the right to be cocky.
      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
        Shannon has gotten to be way too critical of players IMO. Aaron Rodgers is the reigning MVP, A Super Bowl Champion, and arguably the best QB in the league. He reserves the right to be cocky.
        I'll give you that. But he's developed on an field persona that I just don't like. I don't recall him being the guy who would do a "trigger finger" point everytime he got a 1st down. No, he's not as bad as Jay Cutler.. but I just don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
          Im not getting into Shannon.. but since Aaron has won his SB and the MVP he does seem to be much more cocky then he was. I don't like the Aaron I'm seeing on the field now.
          I must say your reaction is a pleasant surprise. I personally don't think Sharpe was justified in his comments about Rodgers. I think with the constant news cycle we see these days, there isn't enough attention to doing the necessary research. Did Sharpe talk to the coaches and the players? If not, I can't see how he can make that statement.

That said, I expect to see a lot more defense for Aaron Rodgers than one would have seen when similar comments are made against a guy like Cutler (or even Romo).
          Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by AC1 View Post
            I must say your reaction is a pleasant surprise. I personally don't think Sharpe was justified in his comments about Rodgers. I think with the constant news cycle we see these days, there isn't enough attention to doing the necessary research. Did Sharpe talk to the coaches and the players? If not, I can't see how he can make that statement.

That said, I expect to see a lot more defense for Aaron Rodgers than one would have seen when similar comments are made against a guy like Cutler (or even Romo).
            Oh, you'll see defense of him. On the field, dude is a STUD. But.. I just can't explain it. He's a different man on the field then he was when he was still working for it. Use Manning as an example.. either one.. they both work for it. They both have done "it". Yet.. you still get the same "air" from them as if they had not and were still working for it. Does that make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
              Oh, you'll see defense of him. On the field, dude is a STUD. But.. I just can't explain it. He's a different man on the field then he was when he was still working for it. Use Manning as an example.. either one.. they both work for it. They both have done "it". Yet.. you still get the same "air" from them as if they had not and were still working for it. Does that make sense?
              I think he's a good player. And I think he's always been cocky as hell. It just didn't seem that way relative to Favre. Rodgers got a lot of goodwill (even from me) from being the guy that was being shafted by Favre. I think what we're starting to see now is the effect of that fading. Don't forget Packers fans hated him until 2010. Winning cures everything.

Comment

Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                I think he's a good player. And I think he's always been cocky as hell. It just didn't seem that way relative to Favre. Rodgers got a lot of goodwill (even from me) from being the guy that was being shafted by Favre. I think what we're starting to see now is the effect of that fading. Don't forget Packers fans hated him until 2010. Winning cures everything.
                You do make some very good points there. :clap:

Comment

All I know is Aaron Rodgers favorite part of every game is doin the discount double check. It looks like he puts more effort into that than anything.

Comment

Shannon....well, he's never been lacking for opinions.
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                      This I agree.

I honestly don't care what Shannon has to say. It's a country of free speech, he has the right to use it. I disagree with what he has to say in terms of criticizing Aaron.

Rodgers is one of the best QB's in the league, it's okay for him to be cocky, just so he can remind people like Sharpe in AC1 how much of a beast he is.

Aaron's next title belt TD will be for you Shannon.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Meh, i haven't seen all their games so i can't really say.

But if he is cocky, so be it.

He's one of the top 2-3 QB's in the league, and can do whatever he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                          This I agree.

I honestly don't care what Shannon has to say. It's a country of free speech, he has the right to use it. I disagree with what he has to say in terms of criticizing Aaron.

Rodgers is one of the best QB's in the league, it's okay for him to be cocky, just so he can remind people like Sharpe in AC1 how much of a beast he is.

Aaron's next title belt TD will be for you Shannon.
                          Except that Sharpe's point wasn't about Rodgers being cocky. By all accounts, Sharpe has no problem with cockiness.
                          Sharpe's point is that Rodgers always seems to be pointing the finger at someone. That with him, it seems like it's always someone else's fault. I don't necessarily agree with that, but that's Shannon's point.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                            Meh, i haven't seen all their games so i can't really say.

But if he is cocky, so be it.

He's one of the top 2-3 QB's in the league, and can do whatever he wants.
                            See above. Sharpe's complaint isn't about cockiness.

Comment

In terms of him pointing fingers. It's matter of who you believer, Sharpe whom isn't inside the locker room or Rodgers himself. I watch the Packers Pressers after games, when they lose he takes credit for offensive struggles while at the same time not shying away from pointing out the offensive lines faults or the the RB's and WR's.

He's just being honest about what goes on. It's inaccurate to say he doesn't take any blame.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                              X