Aaron Rodgers ripped by Shannon Sharpe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    In terms of him pointing fingers. It's matter of who you believer, Sharpe whom isn't inside the locker room or Rodgers himself. I watch the Packers Pressers after games, when they lose he takes credit for offensive struggles while at the same time not shying away from pointing out the offensive lines faults or the the RB's and WR's.

He's just being honest about what goes on. It's inaccurate to say he doesn't take any blame.
    The part in bold is what's key. I agree that someone not in the locker-room doesn't really know the team dynamics. Wish this courtesy was extended to other players that get attacked in such baseless fashion though.
    Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

ya, he's an ass. but w/e, he can play

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...o-Aaron-Rogers

Comment

Anything being said about Aaron isn't new. He's been the same way since college, his ego got even more buffed when teams passed on him and he ended up better than what they got.

If what is said about him is true, maybe all this time it wasn't Brett Favre's fault there is heat between him and Rodgers, maybe it's Aaron.

He has said somethings that annoyed me. I stopped following him on twitter because he dissed a couple music groups I listen too.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by AC1 View Post
          The part in bold is what's key. I agree that someone not in the locker-room doesn't really know the team dynamics. Wish this courtesy was extended to other players that get attacked in such baseless fashion though.
          If a guy who was a teammate of Rodgers last year and was a team captain comes out and lambasts Rodgers, would that make the claim baseless?

Just curious as to what your criteria for "baseless" is.

And, I'd like to note, that after this criticism from Shannon, Rodgers went out and threw 6 TD passes. Has Cutler (or even Romo) ever done that?

Comment

I'm a Rodgers fan, and I see him as a true leader. He takes a lot of the heat when things aren't good. There will always be critical folks, but I don't get this stuff. He seems very honest to me, but I don't see a lot of cockiness....other than the competitiveness of a guy who wants to be successful, from a player and team perspective.

Further, I've read Rodgers' responses, and I believe him. He takes a lot of the blame.

All I say is this, media can make or break people, but after a ton of assessment, and equal tons of comments from folks I know, many of whom aren't Packers fans, Rodgers is still one of the most respected players in the game.
            Last edited by CanDB; 10-21-2012, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Shannon Sharpe can call sharon rodgers the DEVIL for all i care, he's a HOF'r who helped us win a SB.

Anyone who takes offense to what he said, is clearly not a Bronco fan. And probubly eats cheese-curds in there double-wide trailer while gloating over there rodgers FatHead.

Just saying..

Comment

Shannon Sharpe said that he sees a lot of finger-pointing from Aaron Rodgers and doesn't think the reigning league MVP is a good person.

Let the double standards commence! How dare he say something about the incomparable Aaron Rodgers?!!!

Comment

Shannon Sharpe said that he sees a lot of finger-pointing from Aaron Rodgers and doesn't think the reigning league MVP is a good person.

Let the double standards commence! How dare he say something about the incomparable Aaron Rodgers?!!!
                  Anyone who has witnessed what Rodgers has gone through to get to where he is, and anyone who watches him play and sees that he is having fun - with his mates and opponents, and anyone who listens to him and observes his actions, and anyone who talks to multitudes of football fans who may not even like the Packers but still like Rodgers........will know that Rodgers is a top quality guy, in spite of what Shannon Sharpe has to say.

We aren't talking double standard. It's so easy for anyone to find a tiny flaw here and there, but don't blare it out like Rodgers is framed differently by all the media. Again, after all those years on the bench, and handling it all the way he did, can we really compare him to others who haven't (handled things so well)?????

Cmon.....stick to defending your guy, don't drag down others.

Comment

Just for the record, and a little off topic (I admit), but Aaron Rodgers had another amazing game today....30 of 37 for 342 yards, including 3 TDs and no pics. His passer rating will climb, but more important, he looks every bit the MVP of last year again, like he did last week.

But to stay on topic....still looks like a quality guy!!

(footnote: one of his incompletions was for spiking the ball....I didn't realize that spiking the ball was an incompletion, after all this time. They should change that to something else, because it makes little sense to take away from the QB.....oh well, another day, another project)

Comment

I must say your reaction is a pleasant surprise. I personally don't think Sharpe was justified in his comments about Rodgers. I think with the constant news cycle we see these days, there isn't enough attention to doing the necessary research. Did Sharpe talk to the coaches and the players? If not, I can't see how he can make that statement.

That said, I expect to see a lot more defense for Aaron Rodgers than one would have seen when similar comments are made against a guy like Cutler (or even Romo).
                      That's the thing though. Rodgers has lead his offense to a super bowl title and won league MVP last year, so whatever it is he does on the field it works. With Cutler and Romo, they are constantly falling short of expectations so it's really easy to criticize two of the biggest underachievers in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                        I'll give you that. But he's developed on an field persona that I just don't like. I don't recall him being the guy who would do a "trigger finger" point everytime he got a 1st down. No, he's not as bad as Jay Cutler.. but I just don't like it.
                        Thats reminds me of a poster that hung in my junior high history class. It read: "You are free to do and act as you like, you need only suffer the consequences."
                        SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          Anyone who has witnessed what Rodgers has gone through to get to where he is, and anyone who watches him play and sees that he is having fun - with his mates and opponents, and anyone who listens to him and observes his actions, and anyone who talks to multitudes of football fans who may not even like the Packers but still like Rodgers........will know that Rodgers is a top quality guy, in spite of what Shannon Sharpe has to say.

We aren't talking double standard. It's so easy for anyone to find a tiny flaw here and there, but don't blare it out like Rodgers is framed differently by all the media. Again, after all those years on the bench, and handling it all the way he did, can we really compare him to others who haven't (handled things so well)?????

Cmon.....stick to defending your guy, don't drag down others.
                          That's the whole point though - where do we (and many NFL players that don't play with him) get our opinions? From the media. Being a nice guy is easy to do if you can play nice with the media. Favre did it for years before he took it too far with the constant retirements.

Its ridiculous how much of a pass Rodgers gets. I was very sympathetic to him for him sliding down the first round and sitting on the bench behind Favre, I was one of those saying he would be a good QB based on how he did in 08, when he showed some promise. Since then though, he's become a bit of a golden-child for the media and now has crossed into the Brady/Brees category where everything is always someone else's fault. Rodgers seems to have internalized some of that attitude. It's probably a Wisconsin thing.
                          Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Just for the record, and a little off topic (I admit), but Aaron Rodgers had another amazing game today....30 of 37 for 342 yards, including 3 TDs and no pics. His passer rating will climb, but more important, he looks every bit the MVP of last year again, like he did last week.

But to stay on topic....still looks like a quality guy!!
                            He did have a very good couple of weeks. As for being a quality guy, don't you think the "shh" was really ******-y? Outside of Shannon Sharpe, the biggest criticism of him has been that he hasn't played at last year's MVP level. THAT is too much for him to handle? I'd love to see how he would react if players around the league and ex-players he respected questioned his toughness right after the lowest moment of his professional career. He'd probably go all Ryan Leaf on us.

Comment

He did have a very good couple of weeks. As for being a quality guy, don't you think the "shh" was really ******-y? Outside of Shannon Sharpe, the biggest criticism of him has been that he hasn't played at last year's MVP level. THAT is too much for him to handle? I'd love to see how he would react if players around the league and ex-players he respected questioned his toughness right after the lowest moment of his professional career. He'd probably go all Ryan Leaf on us.
                              I think he is a straighforward guy, who has proven himself to others but will likely always try to prove himself to others because of how his NFL career began......same way Brady does, being overlooked in his draft year. Brady is not as outgoing that way, but he does remind everyone how important it is to be "the man"......it's clear on the field. Every once in a while he will do something that shows me that he is on a mission, and will never forget how it started.

So, for me, most players who are overlooked and so on, don`t totally forget it. It drives them. It probably makes them better. But every once in a while it shows.

Aaron is fine by me, and I believe I can screen out the media effect.

Comment

I think he is a straighforward guy, who has proven himself to others but will likely always try to prove himself to others because of how his NFL career began......same way Brady does, being overlooked in his draft year. Brady is not as outgoing that way, but he does remind everyone how important it is to be "the man"......it's clear on the field. Every once in a while he will do something that shows me that he is on a mission, and will never forget how it started.

So, for me, most players who are overlooked and so on, don`t totally forget it. It drives them. It probably makes them better. But every once in a while it shows.

Aaron is fine by me, and I believe I can screen out the media effect.
                                I think it comes down to the same thing though. We see a guy smile and we think he's a good guy. See a guy scowl and think he's a jerk. If only life were so simple.

My point about Rodgers isn't that he's a bad guy (which maybe he is and maybe he isn't, I have no way of knowing). It's that he, like Brady, Brees and other media-darlings, gets held to a different standard of behavior than others.

As for Rodgers and Brady being overlooked, it's an entitlement thing with both of them. First of all, Brady dropped to the sixth round and Rodgers was still a first round draft choice that every analyst said should have gone higher. Secondly, if with everything they have they still feel like life has been unfair to them, it really shows some serious immaturity. Especially with Brady - the guy has everything any one can ask for. And he still has the whiny face when a call doesn't go his way. Same with Rodgers, to a lesser extent. He's a darling of the media and get treated with kid gloves for the most part. One analyst says one thing about him and he feels the need to make a scene of it. There's a sense of entitlement these two have that's quite surprising. It doesn't make them bad guys, but they're not the perfect angels the media would like us to believe.
                                Last edited by AC1; 10-26-2012, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X