Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tebow patents Tebowing

Pathetic. . . .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surely many of Tim Tebow’s legion of followers have suggested the Jets’ backup quarterback’s patent Tebowing, his signature prayer.

Apparently he's done exactly that, applying for and a trademark and being accepted by the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office – although he actually seemed surprised when told Friday.

“It did?” Tebow laughed. “I knew that this stuff that had been talked about, but I didn’t know everything had gone through.’’

Read the rest here: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsbl...#ixzz29r9KCTQ3
    sigpic

Wow...

I have something to say but I can't in this forum, so ill leave it at WOW. Lol

Comment

Just wait until Auguste Rodin hears about this!
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Yeah Tebow definitely isn't about money or recogniton.

sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

You know Bart Scott patented "Cant Wait" and Darrelle Revis patented "Revis Island". It's an image thing, don't want people just to use him to make money. It's more to do with his foundation. Good move as long as he doesn't make 1 cent for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
            Wow...

I have something to say but I can't in this forum, so ill leave it at WOW. Lol
            I'm sure it's pretty similar to what I have to say about the situation
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
            Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

It resolves the ambiguity in the cease and desist letters they had been sending out -- numerous articles of merchandise were flooding the market, and now it clears up any doubt about their right to shut it down.

Of course, you can believe the worst. I suppose to some people, the concept of trademarking or profiting is horrible in their belief system.

Or perhaps it's the concept that Tebow would engage in any merchandising or profiteering, and that's hypocritical. But then, he's been an endorser of merchandise from the very beginning, with products such as Jockey.

Bah. Tebow makes people do such mental backflips. There's not a single thing wrong or hypocritical about this. Full stop.

Comment

He's a self-absorbed money grabber that loves the spotlight.

Been saying it for, what, 3 years?

Nothings changed.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  He's a self-absorbed money grabber that loves the spotlight.

Been saying it for, what, 3 years?

Nothings changed.
                  That's not true.........*as Tebow's shirt suddenly falls off just as the cameras arrive*

Comment

wow.... not huge surprise to be honest.
                    sigpic

Comment

You didn't know about it, Tebow? That's funny, because a patent application requires the signatures of your representatives as well as yourself

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                        It resolves the ambiguity in the cease and desist letters they had been sending out -- numerous articles of merchandise were flooding the market, and now it clears up any doubt about their right to shut it down.

Of course, you can believe the worst. I suppose to some people, the concept of trademarking or profiting is horrible in their belief system.

Or perhaps it's the concept that Tebow would engage in any merchandising or profiteering, and that's hypocritical. But then, he's been an endorser of merchandise from the very beginning, with products such as Jockey.

Bah. Tebow makes people do such mental backflips. There's not a single thing wrong or hypocritical about this. Full stop.
                        I'd agree... if he had come up with the concept of Tebowing... He didn't so he shouldn't be able to patent it.
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                        Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

I'm more surprised it could actually be trademarked. Just trying to imagine someone in the government actually sitting down and thinking "Ya you know what, sitting on one knee and praying should be trademarked." Sigh.

Comment

From a Yahoo Sports blog (I don't want to post the link because of some of the comments):

Tebow: "I think one, more to control how it's used as well. Make sure it's used in the right way.''

From a marketing perspective, we suppose Tebow has a point. There's been a flood of Tebowing-related merchandise on the market, and his representatives sent letters of protest after two different companies -- Tebowing.com and TebowingGear.com -- filed patent requests last year. This doesn't seem to be an attempt to stop people from Tebowing if they so choose; more an effort to insure that if somebody wants to put that particular gesture on a T-shirt and sell it, the proceeds go to its "inventor."
                            The proceeds will probably go to charities. That's my guess.

Personally, I don't really care. I haven't Tebowed, I haven't bought or made any of that stuff, so it really doesn't bother me.
                            Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I just cant wait for the first "tebowing" law suit.
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X