No announcement yet.

Tebow patents Tebowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't get it, players have been praying in that exact same stance for years. The only reason it got so much attention was because Tebow was over the top religious. I don't see how he can patent something that has been done by people for years.

I wonder if I can patent walking.

Or maybe the high five?

Comment

I've kinda lost respect for Tebow after he did that. It's nothing great. Shouldn't he be more focused on football and trying to beat out Mark Sanchez instead?
      sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
      Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Just waiting for Tebow to start selling his Tebowing t-shirts.
        Team Broncos!
        2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

How is it allowed when so many people have done it before him. He didn't invent it so how can he patent it. He really loves his money though and I can't say I am suprised by him doing it.
          Last edited by johnlimburg; 10-20-2012, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
            How is it allowed when so many people have done it before him. He didn't invent it so how can he patent it. He really loves his money though and I can't say I am suprised by him doing it.
            He is the Apple of poses.
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
            Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              That's not true.........*as Tebow's shirt suddenly falls off just as the cameras arrive*
              Team Broncos!
              2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                Yeah Tebow definitely isn't about money or recogniton.

Right?! What a joke!

Comment

In other news: Holy smokes a broncos_mtnman appearance!

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by D Diddy View Post
                      You know Bart Scott patented "Cant Wait" and Darrelle Revis patented "Revis Island". It's an image thing, don't want people just to use him to make money. It's more to do with his foundation. Good move as long as he doesn't make 1 cent for himself.
                      How is that a "good move"? It's one thing to patent a phrase or word, it's a whole nother thing to patent a prayer formation that was done way before his parents was even thought about. And to act like he didn't know is just...insert words that would get me an infraction here---->____________________________!!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm going to patent "Breathing".......and then branch out to other things like "Eating", "Sleeping", "Talking"....maybe "Being".

Small stuff.

Comment

I patented beer drinking..... Every one of you that is taking a sip....you owe me $ 10,000,000
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                            You didn't know about it, Tebow? That's funny, because a patent application requires the signatures of your representatives as well as yourself
                            He said he didn't know that it had been awarded yet. He received that news from reporters.

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                              I just don't get it, players have been praying in that exact same stance for years. The only reason it got so much attention was because Tebow was over the top religious. I don't see how he can patent something that has been done by people for years.

I wonder if I can patent walking.

Or maybe the high five?
                              They can do it all they want. It's the name "Tebowing." They cannot sell merchandise with "Tebowing" on it. It's the use of his name.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                                I'm going to patent "Breathing".......and then branch out to other things like "Eating", "Sleeping", "Talking"....maybe "Being".

Small stuff.
                                You wouldn't be able to. It doesn't involve a trade name, and certainly not your name.

Folks, he didn't get a patent. That's just bad reporting. He trademarked the name.

Trademarks are handled by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, or "PTO." Causing some of our more genius reporters to call it a patent.

Comment

Working...
                                X