Some Panthers fans are delusional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
    Everything Warren Moon said is correct,every time I turn around everybody is comparing Cam to Vince Young/JaMarcus Russell........Why compare him to two guys that really didnt care for the game...I will guaranteed you that when Andew Luck has a bad second season next year,they wont compare him to Ryan Leaf..

To say their isnt racism i behind the criticism is ridiculous because these are the same people that said he would have a bad rookie season and Cam proved them wrong and now all of a sudden these same people want to criticize him over something he has no control over...Its not his fault,that the defense gave up a 60 yard pass at the end of the Falcons game,its not his fault that the offensive coordinator decided to change offensive scheme when Cam had a great rookie season,its not his fault he doesnt have any weapons on the offensive side of the ball..

Cam Newton is light years better than Tim Tebow and Tebow doesnt get criticism the way people are criticizing Cam...And who cares about body language,I dont understand why people are judging him the way his "body language" is because if he was smiling and not caring about every lost everybody would be crucifying him right now...Its obvious he cares but somehow its a bad thing...

So again,everything Warren Moon said is on point....If you dont like then that your problem,because as black person I recognize where Moon is coming from...
    Cam Newton isn't being compared to Vince Young and Jamarcus Russell because they're all black QBs. He's being compared to them because they are all horrible leaders and display horrible leadership skills throughout their respective careers. That is the reason he isn't being compared to Ben Roethlisberger. He isn't compared to Jay Cutler because Cutler is no where near the athlete Cam is and I actually think Cutler is a better leader than Cam anyway. But as a passer you can make that comparison.

And Cam Newton has a lot of weapons on the offensive side of the ball. Steve Smith, DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Greg Olsen, and Mike Tolbert. The fact is, as a passer so far in the NFL he hasn't been as good as people have hyped him up to be. Yeah he threw for 4000 yards but that's more because of the NFL rules than anything. He was still prone to throw INTs and he only threw 4 more TDs than INTs. That isn't an elite passer, that isn't even a good passer, that's average. And when you look just a little bit deeper past the numbers, you have to realize that his ability to take off and run with the ball only made it that much easier for him to complete his passes as teams can't play a lot of man coverages against him and if they do they have to have at least one spy on him which takes a pass defender out of the play.

Comment

Originally posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
      He's not bad by any means, but I can't take to him at all.

I think this time in 20 years we'll look back and say Griffin/Luck were twice the players Newton ever was.
      While I think what we're seeing right now is a bit of an over-reaction to a sophomore slump, your post reminds me of something I read before this year's draft. The article was basically talking about how good a draft this was for QBs and I think it had a couple of GMs/personnel guys saying that had Cam Newton been in this year's draft, he would not have gone in the top 3 and probably not in the top 5. I personally think it would have been a push between Newton and Tannehill (the former is bigger, the latter is the better pure thrower and ran a pro-style offense).

Luck/Griffin, not to mention Tannehill/Weeden/Wilson have gotten off to excellent starts for their career. It's very, very early yet, but these guys (and Newton if he can overcome this slump) will all be quite fun to watch.
      Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Everything Warren Moon said is correct,every time I turn around everybody is comparing Cam to Vince Young/JaMarcus Russell........Why compare him to two guys that really didnt care for the game...I will guaranteed you that when Andew Luck has a bad second season next year,they wont compare him to Ryan Leaf..

To say their isnt racism i behind the criticism is ridiculous because these are the same people that said he would have a bad rookie season and Cam proved them wrong and now all of a sudden these same people want to criticize him over something he has no control over...Its not his fault,that the defense gave up a 60 yard pass at the end of the Falcons game,its not his fault that the offensive coordinator decided to change offensive scheme when Cam had a great rookie season,its not his fault he doesnt have any weapons on the offensive side of the ball..

Cam Newton is light years better than Tim Tebow and Tebow doesnt get criticism the way people are criticizing Cam...And who cares about body language,I dont understand why people are judging him the way his "body language" is because if he was smiling and not caring about every lost everybody would be crucifying him right now...Its obvious he cares but somehow its a bad thing...

So again,everything Warren Moon said is on point....If you dont like then that your problem,because as black person I recognize where Moon is coming from...

Every time someone criticizes a black QB, it's "racially motivated".

Look at Young and Newton's career arc

Both won national championships
        Both came out as juniors
        Both Rookie of the year
        Both pro bowlers rookie year
        Both had disastrous sophomore campaigns in the NFL
        Both are very mentally weak

I think the comparison to Vince Young is spot on, not because they're black, but because they're both the same "me first" mentally fragile person both on and off the field.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          hat isn't an elite passer, that isn't even a good passer, that's average. And when you look just a little bit deeper past the numbers, you have to realize that his ability to take off and run with the ball only made it that much easier for him to complete his passes as teams can't play a lot of man coverages against him and if they do they have to have at least one spy on him which takes a pass defender out of the play.
          Now why aren't white QBs that run given that excuse/criticism?
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

i cant stand him almost all because of his celebration....You ain't Superman, you Aquaman...nonody needs you !!!!
            sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

He's overrated and yet he broke Peyton Manning's rookie record.....Its kinda funny that he did very well in his rookie year with a pro-style offense and yet they decided to go with a read option this year....If you're going to blame Cam,you should criticize the offensive coordinator for changing the offense....And everything Warren Moon said is correct
              LMAO really? Newton is overrated so im racist? but I really like RGIII. I also like Vick and Mcnabb
              Last edited by nic.zeman24; 10-24-2012, 04:04 PM.

Comment

I think the Panthers are overloading Cam Newton. If he is struggling, making bad decisions, just go back to the running game. They have DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart on that offense. Against the Cowboys, they distributed only 15 carries among 3 RBs while Newton threw the ball 37 times. It's not that complicated. The zone-read crap must be erased in my opinion, you can fool the defense here and there but it leads to too many mistakes and the RB can't hit the hole hard when he is waiting for the QB to make a decision with the zone read. The Panthers should let their RBs carry the load with a FB (Tolbert?) in front of them and let Newton pass from play-action.
                sigpic

Comment

This racism stuff is ridiculous, what a load of crud. You can't even say a player is playing bad without being called a racist? This kind of stuff breeds racism.
                  Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

BTW the guy IS overrated, he was last year and was this year. He was poor at turning it over last year too, people are just paying closer attention now because so much was expected due to him being so over rated. The stupid comments he makes doesn't help his case. With that said the guy is extremely talented and and has the potential to become elite, but he just seems mentally soft and immature. Those things can kill a career just as bad as any other weakness.
                    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
                      LMAO really? Newton is overrated so im racist? but I really like RGIII. I also like Vick and Mcnabb
                      Nope, gotta like them all, otherwise you are racist. Its in the handbook, look it up.
                      sigpic

Comment

Cam, looked good today against the Bears.

Comment

Working...
                        X