boomer esiason hating on ndamukong suh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boomer esiason hating on ndamukong suh

this is a little late on this topic because i forgot all about this but did anyone else happen to listen to the Monday night radio broadcast? if you did you will know exactly what i am talking about.

i have never really had anything too bad to say about boomer in the past but he seriously damaged his credibility in my eyes on Monday night, what a freaking sissy!

he tried to say every bad thing he possibly could about suh's hit on cutler, he grossly exaggerated the hit and compared it to a WWE style body slam.

said that he purposley meant to hurt cutler and will definitely be finned for it. most of his argument was also based off his past history, which is horse crap to fine a guy based off past hits.

of course suh doesn't get fined because it was a totally legit hit, even tom brady came on at half time and said it was a legit hit.

just because cutler got taken down hard doesn't make it a dirty hit, suh has had dirty hits in the past for sure, but this one aint one of them.

boomer is a straight up moron for making these comments. this guy actually gets paid for having these opinions? really? because he took cutler down hard? that's now considered a dirty hit?

maybe boomer should become a color guy for flag football, it might suit him better.

what an idiot!

/rant off
    sigpic

I didnt hear it but I have always hated boomer. I think he is right up there in terms of being the biggest idiot as jaime dukes. They just have no clue what they are talking about and take everything very peronally. They can not understand that as an annoucer/broadcaster you do not care about which team wins now. You do not care about you were an O player or D player and slant the rules that way. You just call it like it is and provide insight. He can not do it and I hate him!

I do not remember him ever being that great of a QB either, but he sure talks himself up like he was one.

ME: Not a boomer fan at all
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
      I didnt hear it but I have always hated boomer. I think he is right up there in terms of being the biggest idiot as jaime dukes. They just have no clue what they are talking about and take everything very peronally. They can not understand that as an annoucer/broadcaster you do not care about which team wins now. You do not care about you were an O player or D player and slant the rules that way. You just call it like it is and provide insight. He can not do it and I hate him!

I do not remember him ever being that great of a QB either, but he sure talks himself up like he was one.

ME: Not a boomer fan at all
      yeah, he went on for like 20 minutes about it.

but i have to say, he was a good QB especially considering the team he played for. but a good color commentator and opinion giver he is not lol

he clearly had an axe to grind with suh and i don't think it was very professional.
      sigpic

Comment

I didn't hear it, but I'm it was something along the lines what what everyone else says about Suh.

I already don't like Boomer for not getting my Granddad a ring vs the Niners, his sense rants about players is rather annoying.

As for Suh, he is a dirty player...but that was a clean hit. Just look nasty. That's a hit everybody is be cheering 10yrs ago, now it's a debate.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          I didn't hear it, but I'm it was something along the lines what what everyone else says about Suh.

I already don't like Boomer for not getting my Granddad a ring vs the Niners, his sense rants about players is rather annoying.

As for Suh, he is a dirty player...but that was a clean hit. Just look nasty. That's a hit everybody is be cheering 10yrs ago, now it's a debate.
          Not his fault that the Bengals defense allowed the 49ers offense to score the winning touchdown....Dont understand why people always blame the quarterback in that situation......
          I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
            Not his fault that the Bengals defense allowed the 49ers offense to score the winning touchdown....Dont understand why people always blame the quarterback in that situation......
            Because my granddad played defense. Easier to post blame on what wasn't the problem and it's sports. When a team lose the blame goes to the leader of the team. Be it a pitcher, QB, head coach, PG, SG, or SF...If you the leader and the star of the team, you get the blame for failures.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I still don't get why people say that was a dirty hit. They were running full speed and Suh was just trying to get him to the ground fast so he couldn't get the ball off. First they called it a leg whip, but when you look at the replay there was clearly no leg whip at all. It looked similar to the way Dawkins use to fly through the air and grab guys shoulder pads from behind and slam them down....only there's a little more force when a 315 pound guy does it.
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                I still don't get why people say that was a dirty hit. They were running full speed and Suh was just trying to get him to the ground fast so he couldn't get the ball off. First they called it a leg whip, but when you look at the replay there was clearly no leg whip at all. It looked similar to the way Dawkins use to fly through the air and grab guys shoulder pads from behind and slam them down....only there's a little more force when a 315 pound guy does it.
                It was a nasty hit for sure, but even Cutler said it was a clean hit. I would take his word for it over Boomer's.

Comment

Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
                  It was a nasty hit for sure, but even Cutler said it was a clean hit. I would take his word for it over Boomer's.
                  Don't take Marshall's, he is sure it's was an illegal hit and Suh should be fined.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Suh is one of the dirtiest players in the NFL and openly seeks to hurt opposing players.

Sure, the hit he did was technically legal - but he is a ticking time bomb. He has a long history of extremely questionable plays and extremely poor sportsmanship.
                    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                      Suh is one of the dirtiest players in the NFL and openly seeks to hurt opposing players.

Sure, the hit he did was technically legal - but he is a ticking time bomb. He has a long history of extremely questionable plays and extremely poor sportsmanship.
                      your point? should he be fined for that hit because of past hits that he has already been fined for? that was indeed a clean hit, boomer cried because he took him down so hard and exaggerated how bad it was comparing it to a WWE body slam, he ranted about it for at least 20 minutes and guaranteed he would be fined for that "dirty hit".

people have a clear axe to grind with suh and boomer is one of them. totally unprofessional for an NFL color commentator.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                        your point? should he be fined for that hit because of past hits that he has already been fined for? that was indeed a clean hit, boomer cried because he took him down so hard and exaggerated how bad it was comparing it to a WWE body slam, he ranted about it for at least 20 minutes and guaranteed he would be fined for that "dirty hit".

people have a clear axe to grind with suh and boomer is one of them. totally unprofessional for an NFL color commentator.
                        When you are a ticking time bomb like Suh, every single action you make is going to be under scrutiny. It is not a question of if Suh is going to take a cheap shot and seriously hurt somebody - but when.

Esiason was absolutely right for calling him out - everyone that calls him out is right for calling him out. If this was Manning or (in your case) Philip Rivers, you would all be up in arms demanding something be done.
                        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Cutler suffered the injury Monday night on a sack by Detroit’s Ndamukong Suh. Cutler said he regularly wears a flak jacket and plans to wear one again against Carolina.

“I was lucky, I think,” Cutler said of the hit. “It was awkward. I sort of got bent over his knee a little bit. You want to try to stay away from those as much as possible.”

Suh has a reputation for dirty hits, but Cutler insisted there was nothing illegal about the sack even if it looked ugly.

“It was like a wrestling move a little bit,” Cutler said. “(Suh) plays hard. It’s out of the pocket. He’s playing football. “I don’t have a problem with that, I really don’t. I don’t think it was dirty. He plays an aggressive style of football. That’s just who he is.”
                          http://www.beloitdailynews.com/sport...9bb2963f4.html

Comment

We look at past performance:

Add the knee in (looks like he wants to crack his back lol), it looks a little malicious.

Seriously, when was the last time you saw a 300+ pound DT leg sweep a player like that? This ain't MMA....
                            Last edited by BroncoFanNC; 10-26-2012, 06:14 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                              When you are a ticking time bomb like Suh, every single action you make is going to be under scrutiny. It is not a question of if Suh is going to take a cheap shot and seriously hurt somebody - but when.

Esiason was absolutely right for calling him out - everyone that calls him out is right for calling him out. If this was Manning or (in your case) Philip Rivers, you would all be up in arms demanding something be done.
                              no i wouldn't demand something to be done after a hit like that, it was totally legal and i think that is pretty off base to think its okay to call someone out for a legal hit because of what they have done in the past.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X