X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams-49ers ends in a TIE

lol how does this even happen...

How?

Poor clock management by both the officials and the Rams.

They were running the clock off without spotting the ball, and then the rams took nearly 20 seconds to clock it.

HORRIBLE management. What an embarassment. It's almost like the Rams were playing for a tie.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Last tie was 4 years ago....
      sigpic

Comment

Rams get a delay of game on game winning FG. How stupid do you have to be to take a penalty there with a TO in your pocket? Dude easily hit the 53 yarder, then shanks the 58 yarder. Fischer and staff were horrible managing the clock when it counted.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          How?

Poor clock management by both the officials and the Rams.

They were running the clock off without spotting the ball, and then the rams took nearly 20 seconds to clock it.

HORRIBLE management. What an embarassment. It's almost like the Rams were playing for a tie.
          Half a loaf is better than none.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

The refs didn't know what they were doing out there. It was a flashback to the replacement officials who couldn't manage the clock to save their lives. Just terrible.

Also, BAD awareness from the Rams with two DOG penalties in OT. The first one cost them the game...

Comment

The Rams won the game twice, but still got a tie.

Comment

Not very impressive by SF, I don't see them as a SB contender.

They were bailed out by some lucky calls, and a bad Rams TO on a kickoff.

With Smith a QB they looked even worse as well.

Just as I type Cutler throws another pick lol............ sorry, off topic !

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                  Not very impressive by SF, I don't see them as a SB contender.

They were bailed out by some lucky calls, and a bad Rams TO on a kickoff.

With Smith a QB they looked even worse as well.

Just as I type Cutler throws another pick lol............ sorry, off topic !
                  I agree with you.The Rams should have one the game.This don't look to be the 49ers year imo.

Comment

I was glad Kaepernick didn't get the win.

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                      I was glad Kaepernick didn't get the win.
                      Why are we hating on Kaep?

Comment

and players still dont know that games can end in a tie. poor mcnabb got the brunt of it:

"Amendola just told me he thought there was going to be a second overtime," Si.com's Peter King tweeted on Sunday night. "Didn't know it was over till he heard from an official."

And it's not just Amendola. Forty Niners safety Dashon Goldson, who's been playing at a Pro Bowl level over the last few seasons, seemed to think that college rules applied.

"I didn't know the rules! I didn't know you could tie in football," Goldson told the media after the game. "It's a competitve sport, man -- you've got winners and losers. You've gotta choose one. I never heard of tying in football -- I really didn't."

So, when did Goldson realize that ties were possible?

"When I saw both teams walking onto the field. Yeah, really. I said, 'Where's everybody going? Did somebody quit? Is this a forfeit?'"
                        http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7131--nfl.html

Comment

Nearly a week later I still can't believe what I saw, I thought for sure St Louis had won with that nearly 80 yard play that got pulled back. If you'd have told me it'd be a tie after that I'd have said you were nuts!
                          Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Working...
                          X