Shonn Greene: Tim Tebow deserves chance for Jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shonn Greene: Tim Tebow deserves chance for Jets

Well this appears to be the other side of the story that ran all day...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-with-jets-qbs

Nearly everone associated with the New York Jets has commented on the latest opinion of Tim Tebow. Let's not leave out running back Shonn Greene. We'll catch up with the guy in the fireman helmet tomorrow.

Whereas the general tone has been to defend Tebow while showing support for Mark Sanchez, Greene took a different path.

"Something's got to change," Greene told Yahoo! Sports' Michael Silver. "When you get to the point where you're 3-6, and losing and losing, a couple of guys are like, 'What would happen (if Tebow played)?' But guys at the same time have faith in Mark (Sanchez), so it's kind of an up-and-down thing.

"You feel bad for Mark, but at the same time you want to win games. We're not here to protect people's feelings. If you want to win games, you've got to try something. If somebody's not getting the job done, you see if somebody else can do it. It's the same with coaching, or any position. You don't mean to belittle someone or say 'he sucks.' That's just the harsh reality."

Well, then. Greene, apparently, is ready for a change.

We're not sure where the Jets go from here when players seem to be taking sides. Greene isn't the only one on the 53-man roster with those thoughts. And it's clear many are firmly in the Sanchez camp.

One thing is certain: All of the he-said-she-said back-and-forth isn't helping the Jets win games.

Man.. that locker room is a mess...

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
      To be a 100% honest, I have never seen anything like it watching sports for the last 35 years of my life. It was like this last year also if you remember , when manish did the article on Sanchez being lazy with all the anonymous quotes.

At least Green was a man about it and went on the record, and let me tell you that is pretty harsh what he said about his starting QB, i mean green is the starting RB and he is talking about not caring he hurts mark's feelings...that is just incredible to me .

This one is even worse than the anonymous Tebow hate fest, this is the starting RB calling Sanchez out. Think about that for a second...CRAZY!
      Last edited by Mk2_Tebow; 11-14-2012, 07:43 PM.

Comment

The Jets are a dumpster fire.

Comment

It was a train wreck last year.. then they signed Tebow ... and everyone and their grandmother knew what that would bring. Not a single person should be surprised.

after seeing what Rex Ryan and mike Tennebaum have done to that team they should be considered the NFL equivalents of Maury Povich and Jerry Springer

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Found a great quote by LB Thomas defending Tebow also, and a quote by bart Scott locker room definitely divided...

"I've never heard anything so disgusting in my life," said linebacker Bryan Thomas, the team's longest-tenured player. "In the history of me being here and playing football, I've never heard anybody say, 'That guy is terrible.'"

Thomas was so outraged that he said he'd fight anyone who called him out like that. Asked if Tebow reacted that way, Thomas said, "He's not that type of guy. He'll probably pray for you."

"If he plays," Bart Scott said, "we're gonna rally behind him."
              Last edited by Mk2_Tebow; 11-14-2012, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Contrast Rex Ryan with John Fox. When speaking to the media, say a few words as possible that reveal as little as possible. The locker room must be as closed to the outside world as possible. Coaches need to reinforce this daily. The old Bronco OL Code of Silence should be the model. Rex has not been a good example for his players. What actually happens in the locker room must not leak out. It is difficult in media rich NY.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  Contrast Rex Ryan with John Fox. When speaking to the media, say a few words as possible that reveal as little as possible. The locker room must be as closed to the outside world as possible. Coaches need to reinforce this daily. The old Bronco OL Code of Silence should be the model. Rex has not been a good example for his players. What actually happens in the locker room must not leak out. It is difficult in media rich NY.
                  I always loved the code of silence of the old OL.. just made them see so much more evil. haha

and to your point I fully agree.

Rex sets a poor example.. the team really does reflect it's coach / leaders.

Look at who we have leading us.. Elway/Fox/Manning all consummate professionals...
                  Our team is truly a reflection of that...

The jets.. well.. they speak for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    I love what Rex does with the media up there. Who doesn't love getting every little detail of a major train wreck? Especially when they're always anonymous sources that seem to say these outlandish things. Its like a soap opera for men

Comment

Hmm yes, it's TEBOW's fault the Jets are such a train wreck of course.

If he wasn't on the roster their overall record, standing, and reputation in the league would be of much higher quality. No doubt about it. Such a great team held back by such a selfish player.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post

If he wasn't on the roster their overall record, standing, and reputation in the league would be of much higher quality. No doubt about it. Such a great team held back by such a selfish player.
                        No one is calling Tebow selfish and no one is saying the jets are great pretty much the exact opposite in that It's a bad team, with a bad qb and a broken locker room.

but when you Add onto that the media circus that comes with tebow it only exasperates an already bad situation.

in fact I'm not even sure who you are directing your post at... it seems rather out of context in this situation.
                        Last edited by Remedy; 11-15-2012, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post

Who said that? No one in this thread. Let's not start a fight, okay?
                          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

No one is calling Tebow selfish and no one is saying the jets are great pretty much the exact opposite in that It's a bad team, with a bad qb and a broken locker room.

but when you Add onto that the media circus that comes with tebow it only exasperates an already bad situation.

in fact I'm not even sure who you are directing your post at... it seems rather out of context in this situation.
                            From the pictures posted and comments made, giving credit to Tebow being the reason the Jets are such a circus, it seems pretty relevant to me.

I'm just sayin'.

Comment

Yeah, no, I don't think anyone was (or should be) implying the Jets would be less of a trainwreck without Tim Tebow. His presence simply exacerbates a few of the problems the team would've had anyway. Everyone saw it coming.
                              sigpic
                              - ★ -
                              2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Working...
                              X