Shonn Greene: Tim Tebow deserves chance for Jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
    Hmm yes, it's TEBOW's fault the Jets are such a train wreck of course.

If he wasn't on the roster their overall record, standing, and reputation in the league would be of much higher quality. No doubt about it. Such a great team held back by such a selfish player.
    Great use of sarcasm sir.

Comment

The Jets would most likely have the same record at this point if Tim wasn't on their team. Tebow's presence, through no fault of his own, adds a QB controversy which isn't a good thing for any pro team. Add the fanatics who follow him everywhere multiplied by the density of tri-state area media coverage, and a losing season becomes magnified and is dominating NFL news these days. Because of this, the Broncos are flying under the radar. It was all part of the master plan of El Fox. :thumb: :dance: :clap:
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
        From the pictures posted and comments made, giving credit to Tebow being the reason the Jets are such a circus, it seems pretty relevant to me.

I'm just sayin'.
        I am the OP and I am a Tebow fan , so hopefully that's not the vibe I was trying to give off.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          The Jets would most likely have the same record at this point if Tim wasn't on their team. Tebow's presence, through no fault of his own, adds a QB controversy which isn't a good thing for any pro team. Add the fanatics who follow him everywhere multiplied by the density of tri-state area media coverage, and a losing season becomes magnified and is dominating NFL news these days. Because of this, the Broncos are flying under the radar. It was all part of the master plan of El Fox. :thumb: :dance: :clap:

there are exactly 8 forum members at gang green forums who post on behalf of tebow , the myth that he has groupies burning torches for him to start outside the jets locker room are greatly exaggerated.

Comment

well bailey is a class act as usual sticking up for an old team mate

Comment

Originally posted by Mk2_Tebow View Post
              Well this appears to be the other side of the story that ran all day...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-with-jets-qbs

Nearly everone associated with the New York Jets has commented on the latest opinion of Tim Tebow. Let's not leave out running back Shonn Greene. We'll catch up with the guy in the fireman helmet tomorrow.

Whereas the general tone has been to defend Tebow while showing support for Mark Sanchez, Greene took a different path.

"Something's got to change," Greene told Yahoo! Sports' Michael Silver. "When you get to the point where you're 3-6, and losing and losing, a couple of guys are like, 'What would happen (if Tebow played)?' But guys at the same time have faith in Mark (Sanchez), so it's kind of an up-and-down thing.

"You feel bad for Mark, but at the same time you want to win games. We're not here to protect people's feelings. If you want to win games, you've got to try something. If somebody's not getting the job done, you see if somebody else can do it. It's the same with coaching, or any position. You don't mean to belittle someone or say 'he sucks.' That's just the harsh reality."

Well, then. Greene, apparently, is ready for a change.

We're not sure where the Jets go from here when players seem to be taking sides. Greene isn't the only one on the 53-man roster with those thoughts. And it's clear many are firmly in the Sanchez camp.

One thing is certain: All of the he-said-she-said back-and-forth isn't helping the Jets win games.
              Greene is right, something needs to change, that team is a disaster, right now they might be the worst team in the NFL (at least the Chiefs and Jaguars are occasionally competitive).

Why in the world do they keep trotting Sanchez out there, even if its a blowout? He's played terrible this year, do they think he's going to suddenly magically improve? I don't think Tebow is the savior of that franchise, and things may stay just as bad with him, but you've got to at least try.

Rex Ryan doesn't seem to care about trying to fix the mess he's created, he's willing to go down with the Sanchez ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                Greene is right, something needs to change, that team is a disaster, right now they might be the worst team in the NFL (at least the Chiefs and Jaguars are occasionally competitive).

Why in the world do they keep trotting Sanchez out there, even if its a blowout? He's played terrible this year, do they think he's going to suddenly magically improve? I don't think Tebow is the savior of that franchise, and things may stay just as bad with him, but you've got to at least try.

Rex Ryan doesn't seem to care about trying to fix the mess he's created, he's willing to go down with the Sanchez ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Bry2 View Post
                  Great use of sarcasm sir.
                  That's the way i took it too.
                  HE>i

Comment

Originally posted by Mk2_Tebow View Post
                    well bailey is a class act as usual sticking up for an old team mate
                    Well, Champ does speaks the truth.

2 #24
                    HE>i

Comment

The Jets are an absolute disaster. I've never liked Rex Ryan, and IMO this is his fault. You run your mouth and get all cocky, the team follows your lead.

NY Jets will be one of quite a few teams looking for.a head coach this offseason. I just hope JDR is happy here as a DC, he amd McCoy will probably have their choice of several jobs.

Comment

Maybe Shonn Greene is hoping Tebow can help him improve his rushing numbers lol

Seriously though, the point he made is the only point that has to be made. Things aren't working right now so something has to change. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of stupidity.

Comment

Ok, lets talk Tebow. Why not?

I know there are Cutler lovers on this board. The reason I bring him up is I noticed on another thread that you Cutler lovers were sooooo happy to point out just how great Cutler was in the 4th quarter.

You were sooo pleased to let us all know that his 4th quarter passer rating and that ESPN QBR rating was great in the 4th quarter.

Hey, Cutler lovers (which is the same thing as Tebow haters) what was the passer rating for Tebow in the 4th quarter in his two years with the Broncos?

Real simple question.

Tebow started 3 games his rookie year and 11 games his second year.

What was his passer rating in the 4th quarter and QBR rating?

Hmmmmmmmm?:paper:
                          Last edited by Orangeisback; 11-15-2012, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Orangeisback View Post
                            Ok, lets talk Tebow. Why not?

I know there are Cutler lovers on this board. The reason I bring him up is I noticed on another thread that you Cutler lovers were sooooo happy to point out just how great Cutler was on the 4th quarter.

You were sooo pleased to let us all know that his 4th quarter passer rating and that ESPN QBR rating was great in the 4th quarter.

Hey, Cutler lovers (which are is the same thing as Tebow haters) what was the passer rating for Tebow in the 4th quarter in his two years with the Broncos?

Real simple question.

Tebow started 3 games his rookie year and 11 games his second year.

What was his passer rating in the 4th quarter and QBR rating?

Hmmmmmmmm?:paper:
                            After the Chicago game last year, his QBR in the 4th and overtime was 110.2, that probably plummeted after the 3 remaining regular season games though...
                            Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Originally posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
                              After the Chicago game last year, his QBR in the 4th and overtime was 110.2, that probably plummeted after the 3 remaining regular season games though...
                              Actually he has one of his better games in that first game against the Pats. Offense scored 23 points and he was relatively effective.

For what ever reason, (you take the guess) the Broncos offense ran on first down 90% of the time.

He would typically be in 2nd and 3rd and long the whole game. They hardly dialed up any screen passes or short routes.

I say that cause I saw him run screens effectively all of the time at UF where he completed 67% of his passes.

I always found it weird how the Broncos coaching staff didnt run any of those things in his last 5 games, and always seemingly put him in 2nd and 3rd and long.

Oh. Never mind.

The coaching staff just loved him.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                                Maybe Shonn Greene is hoping Tebow can help him improve his rushing numbers lol

Seriously though, the point he made is the only point that has to be made. Things aren't working right now so something has to change. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of stupidity.
                                Actually it's the definition of insanity, not stupidity
                                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Working...
                                X