Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PowderAddict
    replied
    I could see going to 3 games. The last preseason game is pretty much worthless anyways.

Leave a comment:

• EvertonBroncos
    replied
    Originally posted by MileHighMaven View Post
    I can't think of too many things Roger Goodell has done to improve the NFL but I can think of a bunch of bonehead decisions he's made. I hope he isn't around much longer but I'm afraid he will be....
    I'm afraid you might be right

Leave a comment:

• MileHighMaven
    replied
    I can't think of too many things Roger Goodell has done to improve the NFL but I can think of a bunch of bonehead decisions he's made. I hope he isn't around much longer but I'm afraid he will be....

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Up until the start of this season, it was possible to defend Goodell, but after the replacement ref mess, it has to be obvious to everybody that the guy is nothing but a tool, he cares nothing about the NFL, only about himself.

What does removing 2 preseason games actually accomplish? Nobody wins, the fans get less football, the owners and players get less money, and the young (undrafted) players get less time to shine. This sounds like a backwards way for Goodell to get the extended regular season that he's wanted so badly.

He removes 2 preseason games for a season, that means less football for everybody, the fans and players don't like it, and suddenly the 18 game regular season that everybody hated doesn't look so bad.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Since Roger Goodell is a corporate tool, I doubt if this has anything to do with the game.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    I think playing games on Thursday nights is a much bigger issues. In my opinion, it doesn't give teams players enough rest or enough time to prepare. It's a big health risk.

The league needs to expand the season to 16 games over 18 weeks if they want to keep the Thursday night games. It would give them more advertising and it would give the players an added half a week on each end of the Thursday game.

I agree 100% with Schlereth that if the league cared about the players health so much they wouldn't be doing Thursday night football.

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    If they aren't going to increase regular season then its a terrible idea. We don't want less football we want a higher quality football or if you have tickets, pay less when the starters play less. Preseason is huge for a lot of guys, look at how Tony Carter won his job this year, beating out Syd' Quan and Drayton Florence.

Leave a comment:

• BluenOrnge4Life
    replied
    Again, Roger Goddell keeps ignoring the main issue. Fans don't want to pay REGULAR SEASON PRICES FOR PRESEASON GAMES.. Those preseason games are needed for teams to evaluate their roster and make those cuts down to the 53.

Keep the preseason games the way they are, but lower the ticket prices.

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    I hate RG nuff said

Leave a comment:

• Roger Goodell: NFL preseason schedule could be cut

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...e-could-be-cut

So what is everyone's thoughts on this?

Looks like he is talking about reducing the number of preseason games but not increasing reg season games. I don't like that if that is the case, and even increasing regular season games I don't like because I think the Preseason does great for seeing what kind of depth you have. Chris Harris, Tony Carter, ect...
Working...
X