Former Bears coach Ditka suffers stroke: "Not a big Deal"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Bears coach Ditka suffers stroke: "Not a big Deal"

Damn Ditka calls a stroke not a big deal, tough old goat there...

Link

(Reuters) - Super Bowl winning player and coach Mike Ditka was taken to hospital after a minor stroke on Friday and will be rested from his usual weekend television commitments.

Ditka, 73, was playing cards at a suburban country club when he noticed his hands "weren't working quite right" and then he had a problem speaking, the Chicago Tribune reported.

"I feel good right now and it's not a big deal," Ditka said.

The hugely popular coach was at the helm of the Chicago Bears for their 1985 Super Bowl winning season and remains the most beloved by Bears fans.

Ditka was a five-time Pro Bowl selection at tight end while playing at the Bears between 1961-66 before moving on to the Philadelphia Eagles and then the Dallas Cowboys, where he featured in the Super Bowl VI triumph.

He was later assistant coach for the Dallas Cowboys when they won Super Bowl XII.

Ditka suffered a heart attack while coaching the Bears in 1988 but returned to work within a week.

sigpic

Originally posted by elecshoc View Post
    Damn Ditka calls a stroke not a big deal, tough old goat there...

Link
    I hope he's right that it's not a big deal and he'll be okay.
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Ok, so GadZilla vesus Ditka ... I'm takin' Dit-ka! Get well soon, Coach.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Wow, I know that he is old school tough, but a stroke is nothing to be taken lightly.

to a speedy recovery Coach D.
        HE>i

Comment

Ditka took an interest in the father and son from Chicago who are visiting every NFL stadium this year in order to take wounded warrior vets to the games. He is a good man. I wonder if he takes bp meds? I know I do ... three different ones.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Get well soon Coach, glad he caught it early!
            Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Gotta love that generation. I swear people from that era were made of cast iron, lol!! Get well Ditka!
              #swapping

Comment

Working...
              X