Sam Bradford = Bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Bradford = Bust

This guy was the #1 overall pick a few years ago. I was never high on the guy. I haven't really seen much improvement. All I keep hearing is people and the media making excuses for him... no talent around him etc. He has S. Jackson and serviceable wrs. I wonder how long til people finally admit he's not that good. Never seen any amazing moment of greatness either from the guy to make you think that he will be special. JMO

I tend to agree. St. L is building a good, solid team, but I am not sure that Bradford is "the guy". As of now, I don't think he is.

Comment

Regardless of his actual NFL skill level, 3 OC's in 3 years will ruin any young QB. Alex Smith is a good example. Once Norv left San Fran, he was on a downhill spiral with a new OC every year. The deck was stacked against Bradford as soon as the Rams drafted him. Now imagine he fell to 25 and we took him instead of Tebow. He would have had McCoy and Gase for the past 3 years and a stable franchise. Then you could fairly judge his progression, but he was drafted into a train wreck so it's not all his fault his growth is not where it should be.
      #swapping

Comment

New systems or not, he should show some playmaking ability... you know like lead his team on a few game winning drives or some clutch throws that you'd see on espn highlights. Average at best QB, reminds me of Joey Harrington.

Comment

Serviceable WRs? I'd hardly call them that

Comment

Bradford is far from a bust IMO. He won ROY with no one to throw to, and he was injured last season with McD as OC.

He's still a very young QB. He needs stability at the OC spot, more weapons, and a more consistent defense. He reminds me of Matt Ryan and Matt Stafford in their earlier seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by AznBroncoFan View Post
              This guy was the #1 overall pick a few years ago. I was never high on the guy. I haven't really seen much improvement. All I keep hearing is people and the media making excuses for him... no talent around him etc. He has S. Jackson and serviceable wrs. I wonder how long til people finally admit he's not that good. Never seen any amazing moment of greatness either from the guy to make you think that he will be special. JMO
              Steven Jackson isnt the same anymore. and his best WR is their slot Danny Amendola who has been injured. The guy has no weapons with no o-line. He has talent but injuries and changes in coaching staffs have messed up his development. And remember he ran a spread offense in college so he obviously needed development in the pro game.

Give him some weapons and I think he'll be good. It reminds me of Matt Stafford. He had some injuries in the beginning of his career and struggled a bit. But the difference is he has Megatron to throw to. Sam throws to.........?
              Last edited by one5beast; 11-19-2012, 05:35 PM.

Comment

So how much longer would you guys give him if you disagree? 1,2,3 more years or a decade like Alex Smith?

Comment

So how much longer would you guys give him if you disagree? 1,2,3 more years or a decade like Alex Smith?
                  Whenever he gets an o-line that can protect him, a stable coaching staff, and when he actually gets weapons to throw to. If he fails under those conditions I'd be more inclined to agree with you.

Comment

He needs a stable work environment and a coach that can construct a game plan to make him successful. Fisher will give him that, but STL was a disaster so it's gonna take another season to get that offense right. No QB that u would consider "good" or even "average" is playing under a revolving coaching staff. I'm not a Bradford fan by no means, but he's not as bad as some would think.

And Alex Smith was looking pretty good under Norv Turner. It's when Norv left for SD did he start to look bad. And credit SF for not throwing the towel in on him. They knew they weren't helping him by firing the HC every 18 months.
                    #swapping

Comment

Danny Amendola is the only good receiver he has.....I dont understand why people are so quick to call someone a bust,when he's in his third year,especially when he has no stability around him....I think Sam Bradford is a good quarterback...
                      I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Bradford not a bust. Give him a couple more years, build a team you will see. Giving up on him now would be stupid and would set that team back years. Ask a cleveland browns fan how its working out for their team to put in a new QB every 1-2 years.Stupid. The rams should have nice drafts the next couple years thanks to the Skins. If two or three years from now when they have an actual team and Bradford struggles, then by all means get rid of him.
                        /Users/stevennelson/Desktop/130104092350_rex-ryan-tattoo.jpg Jets!Jets!Jets!

Comment

Originally posted by orangenightmare View Post
                          Bradford not a bust. Give him a couple more years, build a team you will see. Giving up on him now would be stupid and would set that team back years. Ask a cleveland browns fan how its working out for their team to put in a new QB every 1-2 years.Stupid.
                          Cleveland's problem is not having a new starting quarterback every few years. Cleveland's problem is having crappy players and crappy coaches on the team. Every single one of the quarterbacks that Cleveland has had since returning (with the exceptions of Tim Couch and Colt McCoy) overstayed their welcome.

Tim Couch was a decent quarterback who got the team to the playoffs. He was ditched in favor of an "experienced" QB in Jeff Garcia. A crappy coach figured that he could do that rather than addressing the offensive line - he lost his job for that and a new quarterback was brought in. Cleveland has a new offensive coordinator every year and each one is worse than his predecessor.

Colt McCoy was outplaying Sam Bradford last year (when Bradford was healthy) and for that he gets thrown to the curb in favor of WEEDen. WEEDen has played like crap and the team has already ruined their chance with the quarterback they do have (McCoy) and will need to look for yet another quarterback very soon because they never should have drafted WEEDen in the first place.
                          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                            Cleveland's problem is not having a new starting quarterback every few years. Cleveland's problem is having crappy players and crappy coaches on the team. Every single one of the quarterbacks that Cleveland has had since returning (with the exceptions of Tim Couch and Colt McCoy) overstayed their welcome.

Tim Couch was a decent quarterback who got the team to the playoffs. He was ditched in favor of an "experienced" QB in Jeff Garcia. A crappy coach figured that he could do that rather than addressing the offensive line - he lost his job for that and a new quarterback was brought in. Cleveland has a new offensive coordinator every year and each one is worse than his predecessor.

Colt McCoy was outplaying Sam Bradford last year (when Bradford was healthy) and for that he gets thrown to the curb in favor of WEEDen. WEEDen has played like crap and the team has already ruined their chance with the quarterback they do have (McCoy) and will need to look for yet another quarterback very soon because they never should have drafted WEEDen in the first place.
                            Lol yeah there are plenty of reasons why the browns suck. But generally speaking, consistence at the qb position is a good thing. IF the rams keep Bradford and draft wise the next couple of years with their bazillion draft picks, They could be a serious contender. If Bradford looks bad in 2-3 years, then it'll be time for change. But I like bradford and think he'll be elite soon.
                            /Users/stevennelson/Desktop/130104092350_rex-ryan-tattoo.jpg Jets!Jets!Jets!

Comment

From what little I've seen of him this year, I can see Bradford as being a pretty accurate passer. I think he's getting more weapons now as his rookie wideouts are coming into the team a little more. Stability will go a long way, as soon as some high picks get spent on the offensive side of the ball he should be rolling.

Comment

Working...
                              X