X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aldon Smith is a one trick pony. Miller is a far superior all-around LB

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
      Aldon Smith deserves more credit around here. He is as good as Von Miller rushing the passer. Both of them have played against bad OLs. And Smith beat Gabe Carimi, who must be a better RT than Jeromey Clary. Smith is also a freak capable of making 20+ sacks in a season. He and Von Miller will battle for many years as pass rushers.
      He is definitely not as good rushing the passer, Von Miller is the most effective pass rusher in the NFL according to QB pressures/pass rushes.
      Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by The Jerm! View Post
        The thing is, we didn't draft Aldon to become a great run defender, he was drafted for his pass rushing skills. If you didn't notice we already have the 2 best LB's in the game named Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman who are more than capable handling the rush and pass. Stupid excuse trying to defend your fav teams LB. I don't expect anything less from a teams fan defending there players.

The truth is out there. Aldon is the better pass rusher.

So .5 sack more on a night where he got 5,5 against the worst OL in the league makes him the better pass rusher ?

They are pretty equal at rushing the passer, Von having the edge.

As a complete player Aldon is not on Von's level....
        sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

The thing is, we didn't draft Aldon to become a great run defender, he was drafted for his pass rushing skills. If you didn't notice we already have the 2 best LB's in the game named Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman who are more than capable handling the rush and pass. Stupid excuse trying to defend your fav teams LB. I don't expect anything less from a teams fan defending there players.

The truth is out b/c he did it against the worst OL in football?

And even still with that, he has 1 more sack, yet Miller has more FF's and leads the league in TFL. Aldon is good but Miller makes game-changing plays every week. Aldon is basically a pass-rusher, while playing on a better Front 7 as well.

Comment

Shawne Merriman 2.0

I think Smith will decline in production once that 49ers defense isn't so talented in a couple of years. Teams change season to season and I don't think they will be able to continue to field a team that is as strong as the past two seasons have been.

Comment

Smith needs to get some credit around here. People talk about him like if he's Aaron Maybin or something. I understand we need to defend our players but Smith is a beast of his own. I've seen a lot of their games and Smith is far from a one trick pony. He's good against the run. Does he get a lot of tackles for loss like Von? No. But he's good enough against it where he shouldn't be labeled a one trick pony. He contains his side and that's all he needs to do.

And remember we play the Chiefs this week. I know Von will gain the lead back.

Comment

I think Aldon is benefitting from playing in the NFC where the lines are terrible. I swear the 5 most sacked teams have to come from the NFC, and the 49ers are playing most of them.

Cards X 2
                Bears X 1
                Packers X 1
                Rams X 2

6 of the top 7 teams in sacks allowed reside in the NFC And the niners have played alot of them lol. Like wise Denver is playing a lot of the teams at the top. So saying Aldon is the better pass rusher is like saying the NFC north can field a decent Oline...

Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                  I think Aldon is benefitting from playing in the NFC where the lines are terrible. I swear the 5 most sacked teams have to come from the NFC, and the 49ers are playing most of them.

Cards X 2
                  Bears X 1
                  Packers X 1
                  Rams X 2

6 of the top 7 teams in sacks allowed reside in the NFC And the niners have played alot of them lol. Like wise Denver is playing a lot of the teams at the top. So saying Aldon is the better pass rusher is like saying the NFC north can field a decent Oline...
                  All true things.

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...or-aldon-smith

I knew we would see this
                    sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                      No surprise there.
                      Its just what the media loves to do.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X