Potential Teams Interested in Vick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Teams Interested in Vick

With all the conversation surrounding the likelihood of Michael Vick leaving the Eagles, or rather the Eagles pushing out Michael Vick, there has been plenty of speculation re: where he would end up next. Buffalo, San Fran, KC...

But I haven't seen anyone say Carolina or Washington. It would seem to me that if Vick were to go somewhere, those would be the best choices given the similarity in the starting QBs' skill sets to Vick's own. VIck would obviously have to play backup, but you don't find many other RGIII or Newton-esque skill sets and it would seem to be logical that you'd want someone with a similar skill set backing up your starter - especially if your starter's skill set is so unique.

Vick is practically an RGIII clone, though a sub-standard one at that. They're relatively similar in size and build, both are speed/finesse runners (unlike a Newton or Tebow who prefer to utilize their size), and both can throw (although, as previously noted, Vick is mildly serviceable at best...at least more so than a Tim Tebow).

I would imagine that if RGIII were to get injured, you'd want someone who can utilize the same offensive playbook (vice converting to one suited for a pure pocket passer).

Is the problem then that 1) VIck's baggage prevents such a team like Washington from wanting him? or 2) that Vick simply won't play backup?

He'll go to Minnesota. It's the best fit for him in my eyes especially if Percy Harvin comes back healthy next year. Vick's best years in Atlanta were with Alge Crumpler and when he started to decline so did Vick. The Vikings have Kyle Rudolph who is pretty impressive in his own right. They have some weapons already there.

Comment

Watch San Fran trade Alex Smith abd sign Vick to back up KK.
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Mike Vick is a liability as a starting QB. I wouldn't want him QBing my team. He's got elite god given talent but just can't wrap his head around it and in this way he's not even close to the likes of KK, R Wilson or RG3
        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

San Francisco would be my bet
          Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Choke-land

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
              Choke-land
              Like I needed anymore reason to absolutely despise him!
              Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                Mike Vick is a liability as a starting QB. I wouldn't want him QBing my team. He's got elite god given talent but just can't wrap his head around it and in this way he's not even close to the likes of KK, R Wilson or RG3
                So you're blaming him for not having no talent around him,especially at the offensive line position...I would agree,he needs to cut down the turnover but to blame him for all the loses is ridiculous....And lets not forget, has a coach that's allergic to running the ball....

This is the same argument that people said about McNabb and yet blame him for all the Eagles failures...When you have a coach that pass the ball 70% of the time,ignore the offensive line problems,wont put his quarterback in the best position to win games and etc...Its the coaches fault,not the player...

Its amazing how people like you blatantly ignore all the other problems but blame the quarterback for the team problems.

Michael Vick wasnt the problem,it was Reid's fault that the team failed this year....
                I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Well, you can eliminate any team with a current franchise QB: Denver, San Diego (I know, but still), Oakland, Houston, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New England, New Orleans, Atlanta, Carolina, Detroit, Green Bay, Chicago, New York Giants, Dallas, Washington.

Also, eliminate those teams where they have a promising young QB: Tennessee, Cleveland, Miami, Seattle, San Francisco, St. Louis,Tampa Bay, Minnesota, Philadelphia.

So, we got:
                  Kansas City
                  Jacksonville
                  New York Jets
                  Buffalo
                  Arizona

I think he'd be a downgrade to Ryan Fitzpatrick, but an upgrade to any other team's QB corps. Kansas City will likely draft Matt Barkley or Geno Smith. Jacksonville may take a run at Tebow. Arizona has a lot of money tied up in Kolb. At least one of these teams will probably take a run at Alex Smith, probably Arizona and Buffalo...

Therefore, my prediction is the New York Jets.
                  Last edited by PeytonIsDaMan; 12-10-2012, 12:33 AM.

Comment

^I think he would be a great fit at Arizona,but then again the offensive line isnt good there
                    I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

A new qb behind afc west o-lines that routinely holds the ball for 10 seconds? Yes pleeeease!

Comment

Originally posted by PeytonIsDaMan View Post
                        Well, you can eliminate any team with a current franchise QB: Denver, San Diego (I know, but still), Oakland, Houston, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New England, New Orleans, Atlanta, Carolina, Detroit, Green Bay, Chicago, New York Giants, Dallas, Washington.

Also, eliminate those teams where they have a promising young QB: Tennessee, Cleveland, Miami, Seattle, San Francisco, St. Louis,Tampa Bay, Minnesota, Philadelphia.

So, we got:
                        Kansas City
                        Jacksonville
                        New York Jets
                        Buffalo
                        Arizona

I think he'd be a downgrade to Ryan Fitzpatrick, but an upgrade to any other team's QB corps. Kansas City will likely draft Matt Barkley or Geno Smith. Jacksonville may take a run at Tebow. Arizona has a lot of money tied up in Kolb. At least one of these teams will probably take a run at Alex Smith, probably Arizona and Buffalo...

Therefore, my prediction is the New York Jets.
                        The Jets already refuse to play white Mike Vick it's not hard to believe they'd ignore the real Vick.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                          Choke-land
                          That would be hilarious and a welcome addition to a fine.. fine roster. You know what they say, make it happen! :dance:
                          Adopted Poster
                          AZ Snake Fan

Comment

I think the Cardinals should pick him up. Remember, when they made it to the SB a few years ago they did so with Kurt Warner. So as a franchise, they've shown that they can make it work with old QBs. I know that Vick is nothing like Warner is right now, but they desperately need a QB next season. Anyone who watched yesterday's game in Seattle would know that.

Comment

I predict he will be an Arizona Cardinal. They obviously don't care about the money owed to Kolb; Skelton and Lindley have been starting.
                              sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                              Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Working...
                              X