Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rex Ryan to announce Greg McElroy starting QB.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thenewera44 View Post
    My personal take on Tebow throwing bad passes (which he does look horrible) is the whole changing the throwing motion thing.

I personally think that was not as big of a problem as many stated. I believe it was Montana that mentioned the same thing.

When he gets in there, he tends to try and guide or aim the ball. Like a pitcher that cannot find that strike zone.

Too much tinkering and over coaching.

When Tebow used to get into those high pressure situations in the final 5 minutes, he would stop thinking so much and just play. He has definite play making natural ability and is very dynamic when it is working.

The fact is he has the ability. You do not just simply complete 67% at the Division I level at a top school while winning a heisman and a national championship and NOT have any ability to pass the ball.

The other aspect is reading defenses and getting on the same page with the WRs. Look at Manning. You think he was exaggerating when he said he needed to work with the WRs timing in the off season? No, of course he wasn't. No, look at how good he is, and he says how essential it is to work on timing with the WRs. The fact is Tebow needs to learn to read defenses. That, is really his biggest problem like most QBs that come out of college to the pros.

Tebow, last year could not work with his WRs at all in the off season cause of the lock out. Then he is going through that "throwing change" and he comes in and I believe lost confidence. Like I said, he tries too hard and thinks too much. He looked just pathetic, and I do think it is a head thing.

McCoy did a good job, but I do not think they were dialing many screens or hot routes for him. Seemed like they were in a lot of 2nd and 3rd and longs.

Tebow looked horrendous and it was a joke, but then he started to do his thing. Everyone would scratch their heads, and it was not because teams were in a prevent. Only the Bears did that to him. Even if they did do that, how does a person who cannot throw complete 18 of 24 passes in the 4th quarter and 198 yards? Cause he cannot throw? Fallacy?
    Tebow couldn't work with his WRs all because of the lockout? Malarkey! I seem to recall plenty of other quarterbacks on other teams putting groups together to practice. Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers leap to mind.

Go ahead and blame everyone and anything else that you can but Tebows problems on the field stem from no other source then himself. If he had chosen to spend an entire off season focusing on football as opposed to marketing himself maybe he wouldn't find himself on the bench, waiting to hit up bottom dwelling Jax or the CFL. In the meantime take off the tinfoil hat.
    Last edited by Cladyfan; 12-30-2012, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      Yep, that's right. Poor Timmy and the corporate machine. He never played any part in his popularity and phenomena. he was but an innocent bystander making $2 million dollars a year and became the unsuspecting victim of of evil Jets.

Damn you, evildoers! DAMN YOUUUU!

P.S. He chose to go to the Jets. Mark Sanchez is awful and he still couldn't beat him out. They signed him to make headlines but then didn't start him...because..why? What?

So now he's so popular that the entire league will collude to hold him down because if he wins everyone loses?

Maybe he just isn't any good.\

Oh, pps, yes, you are right, QBs miss wide open WRs, but when you're only attempting 15 passes and you wont even throw to the WR that's wide open down the field in the midst of a 7-3 home loss with the playoffs in the balance, then it sorta gets magnified.
      Is that you, Merril?
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
        It was a good route, I didn't say Decker never gets separation, just that he doesn't get a lot of separation. And no where near enough for Tebow to throw the ball to him, Tebow tried to be extremely cautious with his passes last year. The 2nd was a lapse in coverage because of the flea flicker, Decker didn't do anything special.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cladyfan View Post
          Tebow couldn't work with his WRs all because of the lockout? Malarkey! I seem to recall plenty of other quarterbacks on other teams putting groups together to practice. Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers leap to mind.

Go ahead and blame everyone and anything else that you can but Tebows problems on the field stem from no other source then himself. If he had chosen to spend an entire off season focusing on football as opposed to marketing himself maybe he wouldn't find himself on the bench, waiting to hit up bottom dwelling Jax or the CFL. In the meantime take off the tinfoil hat.
          The WRs worked out more with Kyle Orton because they felt he would be the starting QB. All the WRs were invited to work with Tebow if I'm not mistaken. Gaffney, Lloyd, and Britt Davis did go work out with Tebow for a few weeks though

Comment

• Originally posted by Frankenpost View Post
            Seattle broke the bank in the offseason to sign Flynn, but started Wilson. I don't get your point?

That nfl teams dont play or start QB's who make chump change compared to a guy making millions?

And really? Your going to take a stance with a scrub QB against John Elway? The man has won us Superbowls and is a Hall of Famer who convinced another Hall of Famer to continue our legacy.

Hey genious...Theres a reason why the Jets are not playing Tebow. Compared to the junk their rolling out as QB week in and week out.
            Seattle didn't break the bank to sign Flynn. At no point will he make above the league average for a starting QB. He essentially signed a 3 year 10 mil deal because only 10 mil was guaranteed. The other 9.5 is available through incentives and he won't get those. Even if he were to reach those incentives he'd still be making less than the average starting QB.

Comment

• May be off topic, but I laughed hard at this:

sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
              Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Working...
              X