This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Tebow Removes Himself From Jets’ Wildcat Package

According to a report from ESPN New York, Tim Tebow informed the Jets that he was no longer going to be a part of their wildcat package now that they have made the decision to turn to Greg McElroy as their starting quarterback.

The Jets lost again on Sunday and while McElroy wasn’t exactly great, he was sacked a staggering 11 times in the game. Tebow was replaced by wide receiver Jeremy Kerley in the package since he actually played quarterback in high school.

The Jets downplayed the situation following the game, but ESPN New York’s sources informed them that Tebow told the Jets specifically that he didn’t want to be used “situationally.”

Clearly the relationship between the Jets organization and Tebow has been strained to the point where you have to wonder whether or not it’s even worth it to have him on their roster. The Jets are reportedly prepared to trade or release him in the coming weeks, but it’s hard to imagine him netting them any amount of value at this point in time.

The Jacksonville Jaguars are reportedly very interested in acquiring Tebow, but they would be wise wait for him to be released and claim him off of waivers instead of including draft picks or a player in trade.

We’ll have more regarding the topic in the near future.
    Fans are going to look at this one of two ways:

a) Good for him! About time he stands up for himself and sticks it to the Jets who screwed him over!; or

b) What happened to the "Ultimate Team Player" and "I'll do whatever I can to help my team win"?

Whereas I see both sides of the argument, my bottom line, gut reaction is you're a professional and you're getting paid a lot of money to play a game. Suck it up for 2 weeks and be the guy you're billed to be.
    sigpic

The coaches never let Tebow pass in the wildcat, but today they let Jeremy Kerley pass the ball? And then Kerley proceeded to launch the ball straight up into the air, that ball hung up there forever but somehow Clyde Gates came down with it. They couldn't do that with Tebow?

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      The coaches never let Tebow pass in the wildcat, but today they let Jeremy Kerley pass the ball? And then Kerley proceeded to launch the ball straight up into the air, that ball hung up there forever but somehow Clyde Gates came down with it. They couldn't do that with Tebow?
      Maybe we need to accept that for all his athletic abilities and endearing human qualities, Tim Tebow just isn't a very good passer...?
      sigpic

Comment

Tebow "removed himself"? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

What kind of team player TAKES HIMSELF OUT of the lineup? Tebow is about Tebow, and he's always been about Tebow.

CAREER. OVER.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

tim mebow

guess that tells you right there that he hasn't been completely truthful about just wanting to help his team win, it really is about getting attention it seems.

honestly, the kid should be lucky he has a roster spot at all.

Comment

Can u blame him? Jets brought him to NY for headlines only, nothing else. Rex was never going to play him at QB because he knew he could never go back to Sanchez if Tebow won. And he only benched Sanchez to "teach him a lesson" and not to win games. Tebow is just done with that clown show in NY and I don't blame him one bit. I would risk my life and career for those clowns either.
            #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
              Can u blame him? Jets brought him to NY for headlines only, nothing else. Rex was never going to play him at QB because he knew he could never go back to Sanchez if Tebow won. And he only benched Sanchez to "teach him a lesson" and not to win games. Tebow is just done with that clown show in NY and I don't blame him one bit. I would risk my life and career for those clowns either.
              So you just going to ignore he chose to go to NY and that the owner not the coach wanted him there to get headlines...

If this was anybody else,you will be the first person to call him selfish and not a team player,but since this is Tebow you have no problem with a backup quarterback telling a coach he dont want to run the wildcat....really??????

How can he call himself a team player,when he dont want to run the wildcat....

It amazing how people would co-sign this nonsense and yet be the first person to call someone a cancer and a selfish player if it was someone else....
              I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

He chose it because of the way Jets brass sold him NY. I have no problems with players checking out of problem situations. Why risk your life and career for a team, and teammates, that don't want you there and nothing is n the line? Let those guys who are playing for their future with the Jets do what they gotta do. But Tebow did the right thing. Something he should have done b4 the trade honestly. That would have made the Jets back off because it would have shown their true intentions.

And like I said I agree with most players that check out of problem situations. You have to be selfish as a player when it comes to protecting your best interest. If not u will be used, abused, and thrown away. And it's not like he did it in week 5 in the middle of a playoff run or said he wasn't playing at all. No, he just doesn't want to run the "Wildcat" anymore.

And if he was a team cancer, I'm pretty sure there would be more than this non-issue. What's amazing is people, is people still trying to poke holes in this guys character when everyone in NFL and NCAA co-sign his character as a teammate and as a person.
                Last edited by flosstein; 12-24-2012, 07:26 AM.
                #swapping

Comment

He chose it because of the way Jets brass sold him NY. I have no problems with players checking out of problem situations. Why risk your life and career for a team, and teammates, that don't want you there and nothing is n the line? Let those guys who are playing for their future with the Jets do what they gotta do. But Tebow did the right thing. Something he should have done b4 the trade honestly. That would have made the Jets back off because it would have shown their true intentions.

And like I said I agree with most players that check out of problem situations. You have to be selfish as a player when it comes to protecting your best interest. If not u will be used, abused, and thrown away. And it's not like he did it in week 5 in the middle of a playoff run or said he wasn't playing at all. No, he just doesn't want to run the "Wildcat" anymore.

And if he was a team cancer, I'm pretty sure there would be more than this non-issue. What's amazing is people, is people still trying to poke holes in this guys character when everyone in NFL and NCAA co-sign his character as a teammate and as a person.

So you're telling me if Cam Newton told Rivera,he's removing himself out of the spread option/wildcat,you wouldnt have a problem with it......

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                    So you're telling me if Cam Newton told Rivera,he's removing himself out of the spread option/wildcat,you wouldnt have a problem with it......
                    Spread option and Wildcat are 2 totally different things. Cam is not a Wildcat QB, just like Tebow is not a Wildcat QB. So if Scam told Rivera he didn't want to run the Wildcat, he would be completely justified as its not what he does.

Tebow did it to be a team player in NY and it backfired as its not his game and he never got a shot to compete for the job. Any QB not named Manning would've had to deal with that crap in NYJ. Rex was gonna go down in flames with Sanchez no matter what. And Tebow just grabbed his parachute in week 16, nothing wrong with that.

But there is a problem with some that like to group anyone that says anything in agreement with Tebow as a Tebow apologist. Look, this is a non-issue. Players tell coaches they are not running certain play all the time. The only reason u even know about it is because it was Tebow that did it!
                    #swapping

Comment

LOL! If Knowshon, who was unceremoniously benched for half the season, told Fox after he was finally activated that he wouldn't run special teams or pass plays where he is the blitz pickup guy because the rookie Hillman is the new #1 guy......people would have run him out of town immediately. And laughed uncontrollably at the nerve of him doing so. Tebow deserves the exact same.

Comment

Spread option and Wildcat are 2 totally different things. Cam is not a Wildcat QB, just like Tebow is not a Wildcat QB. So if Scam told Rivera he didn't want to run the Wildcat, he would be completely justified as its not what he does.

Tebow did it to be a team player in NY and it backfired as its not his game and he never got a shot to compete for the job. Any QB not named Manning would've had to deal with that crap in NYJ. Rex was gonna go down in flames with Sanchez no matter what. And Tebow just grabbed his parachute in week 16, nothing wrong with that.

But there is a problem with some that like to group anyone that says anything in agreement with Tebow as a Tebow apologist. Look, this is a non-issue. Players tell coaches they are not running certain play all the time. The only reason u even know about it is because it was Tebow that did it!
                        So you're just going to ignore that the owner was the one who brought Tebow in,because its obvious that Rex didnt want him there...If you're going to direct your hate,it should be the owner and not Rex.....Im not even a Rex Ryan fan...

Its funny how,you called Cam,Scam when he's a better quarterback than Tebow.....

And lets not forget the Jets dont have the offensive line to run the spread option,but of course that's Rex fault according to you...

I like how you're defending a quarterback that has a reputation of being a team player when he's not....Tebow dont care about the team,he care about being in the front page,just like the Jets owner...

Im going to be happiest football fan,when Tebow is out of the league in 2 years.....

Comment

People that say NYJ brought Tebow in for headlines are soooo clueless it's pathetic. Since when have the Jets had a problem getting attention?

Anyone who condones a player asking not to be played shows that they are a me first type of person and have never played a team sport in their life. It also shows how selfish Tebow truly is and isn't about the team, it's about Tebow. If he had showed the team he could play, they would have started him. Instead of blaming the coaches of the NYJ, maybe Tebow and his supporters, should look at Tebow to see what he is doing wrong.

What would you all say about Hillman if he said...I don't want to play unless I am the starter???
                          sigpic

Comment

I agree with you when you say Tebow is not a wildcat QB. He isn't a QB at all.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                              LOL! If Knowshon, who was unceremoniously benched for half the season, told Fox after he was finally activated that he wouldn't run special teams or pass plays where he is the blitz pickup guy because the rookie Hillman is the new #1 guy......people would have run him out of town immediately. And laughed uncontrollably at the nerve of him doing so. Tebow deserves the exact same.
                              Totally different situation. U can't compare what's going on in a winning and mentally stable organization to the dysfunction in NY, you have to add in that element. Because that's a major part of his decision and discontent in NYJ. If Hillman were the starter and he had 30 fumbles and a 2.3 ypc, and the team was leaking reports of how poor a RB Knowson was, yet Fox insisted on keeping him as the guy for 15 weeks and Knowshon had to again endure the phrase "best chance to win". Why would he be wrong for not wanting to ride that train wreck any longer? That's the issue. U have to make an apples to apples comparison, not a blanket comparison. Because if Denver were as dysfunctional as NYJ, we wouldn't care.
                              #swapping

Comment

Working...
                              X