New GM Caldwell says Jags won't pursue Tebow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GM Caldwell says Jags won't pursue Tebow

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- Tim Tebow won't be playing for his hometown team.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2Hcwh8Xn4
    Goodbye Colts, hello Broncos!

Not in the least bit surprised.

Kudos to the owner for not pushing Tebow on him.

Comment

Originally posted by PFM! View Post
      JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- Tim Tebow won't be playing for his hometown team.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2Hcwh8Xn4
      smart man.

Comment

Yeah, Tebow's pretty much done now, I think.
        sigpic

Comment

Heard him say it yesterday. He said he has his own idea of who he wants at QB and that he still has Henne for a couple years.

Caldwell wants to win and look good doing it. He knows how Tebow has looked in the NFL and isn't impressed, rather or not the fans of Jacksonville agree or not.

Caldwell is serious, it was a good hire by the Jags and it's not the first time he did what the owner was against. The Jags owner wanted to keep Murlarky(sp), but Caldwell didn't. The owner is letting Caldwell do his job, the fans, players, and owner just better hope it's a good one.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I thought the jags were a sure trade a while back, laughed at the first article I saw on it when it came off like why does anyone think Tebow's coming here, he's not part of the jags team. Harsh.... I thought it was a done deal
            sigpic
            Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

The Jets' ST Coordinator, Mike Westhoff, had some interesting comments concerning Tebow today.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I tried looking it up Sam... but was probably reading the wrong article. Was it on his original expectations of Tebow?
                sigpic
                Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                  I tried looking it up Sam... but was probably reading the wrong article. Was it on his original expectations of Tebow?
                  I saw it on ESPN today. I googled Jets ST coordinator Tebow and got several links including ESPN.

Here's one http://www.courant.com/sports/football/

There are other links: USA Today, New York Daily News, NBC Sports, The Star-Ledger, NJ, etc.

Also, just google Mike Westhoff and there will be multiple links.

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                    It was basically how the Jets season became a cluster (you know what) once they brought him in and didn't do anything substantial with him. He questioned the whole organization for their mishandling of him. He also is no longer employed by them so I have heard some say it is sour grapes on his part or trying to be sensational since he is trying to be a tv broadcaster.

Comment

Mike Westhoff is 65 years old and has retired after 38 years in coaching and after having successfully fought a battle with femural cancer. He has coached the last 12 years with the Jets and 14 years before that with the Dolphins. I think he earned the right to his opinion, and a well informed opinion it is. He has coached on both sides of the ball and in all three phases. He has forgotten more football than all of us combined times ten. If I had been part of the zoo known as the 2012 Jets, I probably would have vocally retired, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                        It was basically how the Jets season became a cluster (you know what) once they brought him in and didn't do anything substantial with him. He questioned the whole organization for their mishandling of him. He also is no longer employed by them so I have heard some say it is sour grapes on his part or trying to be sensational since he is trying to be a tv broadcaster.
                        I don't think they really mishandled anything other than trading for him in the first place. I think the original plan was to use him just like Westhoff said and put him in at QB if Sanchez struggled but then they saw how truly limited he was and changed their opinion.
                        Last edited by broncos SB2010; 01-12-2013, 06:11 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I feel bad for the kid...

Comment

Originally posted by Preetv View Post
                            I feel bad for the kid...
                            do you feel bad for the other 1000s of players that don't ever make it in the NFL too?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                              I don't think they really mishandled anything other than trading for him in the first place. I think the original plan was to use him just like Westhoff said and put him in at QB if Sanchez struggled but then they saw how truly limited he was and changed their opinion.
                              Westhoff was very clear and critical just like Jets Defensive lineman Devito was ( 2 on record now and not anonymous) that Tebow did not get a fair shot .
                              Wethoff also said that they NEVER , not even once practiced or worked on the plays they asked him to execute on game day .

Comment

Working...
                              X