Jets and JaMarcus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jets and JaMarcus

The Newark Star-Ledger reports the Jets have had "some very exploratory, informal discussions" regarding ex-Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell.
    Russell, of course, was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft and has been out of the league since 2009. However, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported last week that Russell is planning to show his face at the NFL Scouting Combine next month in hopes of making a comeback. Russell is currently tipping the scales at 305 pounds, but hopes to get down to his past playing weight of around 260. The Star-Ledger says these talks happened after Mike Tannenbaum was fired, but it's unclear if John Idzik was in the fold, yet. Only the Jets.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...marcus-russell

I really don't even know what to say to this

What a joke..

the Jets are just a long continuous set of punch lines.

Comment

Train Rex

"Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Train Rex

Pretty much sums it up!!!! Living in Jets land, I would love for this to happen!
        #swapping

Comment

I'm not sure that I'd rather pay Mark Sanchez several million dollars to do what he does every year, or give it a go with Jamarcus Russell, tough choice.

Comment

I don't get how a guy that wants back in the league and announces it is still 40 lbs overweight. Maybe get in shape first then say you want to do it?

FAIL.
            sigpic

Comment

I hope they sign him, so next offseason I can hear, "Don't blame me. Jamarcus Russell was forced on me..."

Comment

ah ha

ah ha

AAAHAHHAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha

ha

HAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAAAAAA!!!!

Do it Rex! Please sign the whale. I will buy season tickets to see JaMa the Hutt fail. And then he'll eat the Empire State Building.

HAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Comment

The Jets are really becoming the laughing stock of the NFL. Even Browns and Chiefs fans are laughing at them.
                  You put your best player on the block.
                  Last season gave Sanchez a new overpaid contract.
                  Stupidly traded for Tim Tebow and didn't use him.
                  Had the butt fumble.
                  Interested in Jafatass Russell.
                  In I'm pretty sure more has happened or will happen before the 2013 season even starts.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Match made in heaven

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                      The Jets are really becoming the laughing stock of the NFL. Even Browns and Chiefs fans are laughing at them.
                      You put your best player on the block.
                      Last season gave Sanchez a new overpaid contract.
                      Stupidly traded for Tim Tebow and didn't use him.
                      Had the butt fumble.
                      Interested in Jafatass Russell.
                      In I'm pretty sure more has happened or will happen before the 2013 season even starts.
                      This has pretty much been the Jets for decades. Constantly trying to escape the shadow of the Giants. They can barely escape the shadow of the Mets.

Comment

The guy announced he is ready for a comeback, what does his weight has to do with his ability to read defense and throw the ball down field? or even to manage the game for the Jets? Its unbelievable how many people are losing their minds over this. I mean really? why can't Russell has the size and speed to elude defensive linemen and at 308lbs this guy could be a nightmare for opposing defense to bring down. I say give the man another shot and see what he has in him that convinced him he's ready to play.

Comment

Originally posted by FAN4LIFEBRONCOS View Post
                          The guy announced he is ready for a comeback, what does his weight has to do with his ability to read defense and throw the ball down field? or even to manage the game for the Jets? Its unbelievable how many people are losing their minds over this. I mean really? why can't Russell has the size and speed to elude defensive linemen and at 308lbs this guy could be a nightmare for opposing defense to bring down. I say give the man another shot and see what he has in him that convinced him he's ready to play.
                          He's out of shape, that's why. Can't play professional football if you're out of shape.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks, MHS!

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                            Do you know who drafted JaMarcus Russell? The Raiders

Do you know who their general manager was? Mike Lombardi

Where is Mike Lombardi at now?

I don't think I need to spell it out any more than that.
                            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                              Do you know who drafted JaMarcus Russell? The Raiders

Do you know who their general manager was? Mike Lombardi

Where is Mike Lombardi at now?

I don't think I need to spell it out any more than that.
                              Are speculating that the Browns will battle the Jets for Russell?
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                              X