Jets and JaMarcus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FAN4LIFEBRONCOS View Post
    The guy announced he is ready for a comeback, what does his weight has to do with his ability to read defense and throw the ball down field? or even to manage the game for the Jets? Its unbelievable how many people are losing their minds over this. I mean really? why can't Russell has the size and speed to elude defensive linemen and at 308lbs this guy could be a nightmare for opposing defense to bring down. I say give the man another shot and see what he has in him that convinced him he's ready to play.
    He's never been able to read a defense or complete passes down the field. At over 300 lbs, he isn't going to be running away from anybody and it won't be hard to bring him down at all, just because he weighs a lot doesn't mean he's hard to tackle. I guarantee you a lot of that weight is fat and Russell isn't going to generate enough momentum going forward to break tackles or run people over. There's a reason you don't see 300 lb. players running with the ball very often. There's never even been a 300 lb. QB, which is because all that weight is going to lead to sloppy mechanics. And you can't have a player who can't stay in shape leading your team, that would be terrible.

The Jets announced that they aren't interested in Jamarcus. His career is over in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      He's never been able to read a defense or complete passes down the field. At over 300 lbs, he isn't going to be running away from anybody and it won't be hard to bring him down at all, just because he weighs a lot doesn't mean he's hard to tackle. I guarantee you a lot of that weight is fat and Russell isn't going to generate enough momentum going forward to break tackles or run people over. There's a reason you don't see 300 lb. players running with the ball very often. There's never even been a 300 lb. QB, which is because all that weight is going to lead to sloppy mechanics. And you can't have a player who can't stay in shape leading your team, that would be terrible.

The Jets announced that they aren't interested in Jamarcus. His career is over in the NFL.
      Damn.

He wasn't hard to tackle for a guy his size, but being big has nothing to do with it. I saw him truck one defender, can't remember who, just that it was in his rookie year. That's about it. I don't know if it was the Robitussin or his personality in general but he just was, I don't know, too care free. No work ethic. Showed a pinky of promise but nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
        Damn.

He wasn't hard to tackle for a guy his size, but being big has nothing to do with it. I saw him truck one defender, can't remember who, just that it was in his rookie year. That's about it. I don't know if it was the Robitussin or his personality in general but he just was, I don't know, too care free. No work ethic. Showed a pinky of promise but nothing more.
        There's a saying about a blind squirrel and a nut that would fit this lol

Russell should become a competitive eater

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
          Damn.

I think he would've had a great career if he wasn't so darn lazy.

Even if he does make a comeback, I would say even signing him as a backup is a bad idea. 3rd string, maybe.
          sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
          Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
            Are speculating that the Browns will battle the Jets for Russell?
            No, I'm suggesting that Mike Lombardi will be.
            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Jared Lorenzen
              Team Broncos!
              2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

Originally posted by GoManning View Post
                Jared Lorenzen
                I got to see him play in person in a UIFL game. I think at that time he had to be pushing 350. He was huge. He was lighting it up though, lol.

Jamarcus should probably go play in an indoor league, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                  No, I'm suggesting that Mike Lombardi will be.
                  Chuck, JaMarcus was an Al Davis obsession.

Comment

How about trying Canadian Football? if Warren Moon went there why can't scrubs like Russell give it a try LOL

Comment

Warren Moon was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2006 after a seventeen year NFL career.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        Warren Moon was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2006 after a seventeen year NFL career.
                        I knew who Warren Moon was. I'm just saying why Jamarcus Russell insist he deserve a shot in the NFL, why not try Canadian Football and make a comeback from there maybe some NFL team would consider him.

Comment

Originally posted by FAN4LIFEBRONCOS View Post
                          I knew who Warren Moon was. I'm just saying why Jamarcus Russell insist he deserve a shot in the NFL, why not try Canadian Football and make a comeback from there maybe some NFL team would consider him.
                          Maybe the larger field would help him get back into shape.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                            I don't get how a guy that wants back in the league and announces it is still 40 lbs overweight. Maybe get in shape first then say you want to do it?

FAIL.

Exactly .....
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                              I don't get how a guy that wants back in the league and announces it is still 40 lbs overweight. Maybe get in shape first then say you want to do it?

FAIL.
                              what are you talking about??? He is in shape:

I believe he would be the apple.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X