Ashley Lelie retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashley Lelie retires

Didn't he last play in 2008...or was he playing in some other league?

Former Chiefs and Broncos WR Ashley Lelie retired from football.
    Lelie has accepted a quality control coach position at the University of Nevada. The 19th overall pick in the 2002 draft, Lelie lasted seven seasons in the NFL. His best two came in 2004 and 2005 in Mike Shanahan's Denver offenses, when Lelie led the league in yards per reception both years. His career ends with 217 catches, 3,749 yards, and 15 touchdowns. Lelie never made a Pro Bowl.
    sigpic

bust
    10 char

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyAdam View Post
      bust
      10 char
      Wrong, 10 char
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
        Wrong, 10 char
        He was a bust, shoulda picked Ed Reed like they were supposed to, and like so many people thought we would, and so many fans wanted them to. Who went one pick at #20 to Balitmore. Thats one draft blunder ill never forget, picking Lelie over Reed.

Comment

I'll never forget this scrub was one of the guys laughing in the locker room after a lose and Rod Smith went ballistic about it...
          Last edited by SammyWinder; 04-03-2013, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
            Wrong, 10 char
            i can only imagine you are joking!

Comment

Call him a bust or whatever but I remember his years here pretty fondly. Him and Rod were a great tandem that I enjoyed watching. Wonder if he tried to get a position in Hawaii first?

Have a great retirement Ashley

Comment

Another wasted pick
                sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

He screwed himself- got all up in arms about contract and wanting to be number 1 so Shanny shipped him out and he never really did much after that. Oh well...

Comment

Lelie was far from a bust. Maybe he didn't live up to his draft pick, but he was a tremendous deep threat and a big part of our offense. They were super one dimensional but having Lelie and Tatum bell on offense gave us some serious home run threats.

I miss the Plummer play action bootleg and bomb to Lelie.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                      Lelie was far from a bust. Maybe he didn't live up to his draft pick, but he was a tremendous deep threat and a big part of our offense. They were super one dimensional but having Lelie and Tatum bell on offense gave us some serious home run threats.

I miss the Plummer play action bootleg and bomb to Lelie.
                      Truth. He provided what we needed in the boot leg years of Plummer. In regards to Ed Reed, come on man! I hate when people play the "we could've drafted game." Complete waste of time.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sort of a bummer. He ran himself out of a great situation. He could have been successful here for quite a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                          Didn't he last play in 2008...or was he playing in some other league?

Former Chiefs and Broncos WR Ashley Lelie retired from football.
                          Lelie has accepted a quality control coach position at the University of Nevada. The 19th overall pick in the 2002 draft, Lelie lasted seven seasons in the NFL. His best two came in 2004 and 2005 in Mike Shanahan's Denver offenses, when Lelie led the league in yards per reception both years. His career ends with 217 catches, 3,749 yards, and 15 touchdowns. Lelie never made a Pro Bowl.
                          Do you have a link OP? Otherwise Ill be moving this out of here.

sigpic
                          The Bronco fan pledge;
                          I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                          I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                          I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                          I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                          Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

I thought he retired like 4 years ago.
                            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                            sigpic

Comment

"Far from a bust" stop it. He is a bust. Same dudes defending him, are the same dudes that call Knowshon a bust for not living up to his draft stock..

Comment

Working...
                              X