Ashley Lelie retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
    Do you have a link OP? Otherwise Ill be moving this out of here.

I saw it on rotorworld somewhere too
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Just a reminder that this thread was moved here to discuss a retirement and the thoughts on the player. Let's avoid any issues towards other members.

sigpic
      The Bronco fan pledge;
      I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
      I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
      I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
      I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
      Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post
        "Far from a bust" stop it. He is a bust. Same dudes defending him, are the same dudes that call Knowshon a bust for not living up to his draft stock..
        A bust is Marcus Nash or Willie Middlebrooks. Not a guy who lead the nfl in ypc for two straight years and was a large part of our success. Nice try though.
        sigpic

Comment

lol, there was a time here when there was nothing but love for Ashley Lelie.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
            lol, there was a time here when there was nothing but love for Ashley Lelie.
            I liked Lelie but IMO he was his own worst enemy. He had a great situation going on here but let his ego and contract situation get the better of him. As soon as he left the Broncos he started his own descent into irrelevance. It's a shame because if he would have had a little bit more patience he would have inherited the #1 role while developing his skills and getting that huge payday. Oh well....

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post
              "Far from a bust" stop it. He is a bust. Same dudes defending him, are the same dudes that call Knowshon a bust for not living up to his draft stock..
              Way to contradict yourself calling Lelie a bust, but defending Moreno . Both are players that can be very effective in a limited role, but neither are suited for full time offensive roles.

If you are gonna quote me you better have your facts straight. Not once have I ever called Knowshon Moreno a bust. I've always defended him and I maintain that if he is used correctly he can be an effective player for us. I defend him the same way I have defended guys like Tatum Bell and Lelie. All guys who were very good at their best, but unfortunately were never at their best on a consistent basis.

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
              A bust is Marcus Nash or Willie Middlebrooks. Not a guy who lead the nfl in ypc for two straight years and was a large part of our success. Nice try though.
              This^^

Comment

Love seeing fellow Bronco Fans ripping at each others throats over Moreno and Lelie.

Offseason is so long.

By all means... continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                  Way to contradict yourself calling Lelie a bust, but defending Moreno . Both are players that can be very effective in a limited role, but neither are suited for full time offensive roles.

If you are gonna quote me you better have your facts straight. Not once have I ever called Knowshon Moreno a bust. I've always defended him and I maintain that if he is used correctly he can be an effective player for us. I defend him the same way I have defended guys like Tatum Bell and Lelie. All guys who were very good at their best, but unfortunately were never at their best on a consistent basis.

This^^
                  Im not contradicting anything. I said, if people call Knowshon a bust for not living up to his pick, and being upset that we could have orakpo instead, Im just simply returning the favor, by sarcastically calling Lelie bust as well for not living up to his draft stock, and we could of had Ed Reed instead.

BTW, I wasn't quoting you, if I were, I would have put quotes, but I did see some names I recognized that dog Knowshon out, when lelie is pretty much the WR version of him. That final statement weren't in reference to anything you said.

Comment

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                    2 solid seasons isn't nothing to write home about when you talk about a guy picked 19th overall. Like I said, since we consider 1st round picks that contribute but don't live up to draft stock, bust then Lelie falls into the category as well.. I didn't make it this way, sorry.

Comment

I was excited when Atlanta signed him, I though he'd give them a deep threat to bring their offense to a high level. It didn't happen though, unfortunately.

Comment

I always like Lelie when he was in Denver... but will admit I never knew where he went after Denver... or maybe I just didn't pay as much attention as I do when my other favorites get traded.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                        Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                        Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                        Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Look at this guy's talent.

He must have made the worst possible choices to waste all that ability. He was like a Justin Hunter that did not drop the ball.

Lelie would have been a ridiculous deep threat with Jay Cutler's arm.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X