N.Y. Jets Release Former Bronco QB Tim Tebow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N.Y. Jets Release Former Bronco QB Tim Tebow

According to the New York Post. Tim Tebow was released by the New York Jets early Monday Morning.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/jets
    Last edited by CaribouRanch; 04-29-2013, 08:39 PM.
    :logo: :helmet: :salute: :goz:

Jets Release Tim Tebow

Per Adam Schefter:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/AdamSche...ocation=stream

Not at all surprising. Hopefully he can salvage his football career in some fashion.
    sigpic

Comment

Suprised it took them this long. His best best is to drop down to arena league or CFL for a few years and gain some real experience and then make another NFL push in 2-3 years somewhere else.
      sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I think it's time for him to move on. what team will want him, even as a backup. No team wants the circus now. He's made more $ than I will ever see in my life time. He gave it a shot and it didn't work out at the pro level. Hang it up Tim and save face and do something meaningful. Not every college player that's great in college is even decent at the next level. Only a gifted few make it, and Tim's just not that caliber. He should go be a Florida assistant or something.

Comment

Originally posted by VADER72 View Post
          Honestly, I think it's time for him to move on. what team will want him, even as a backup. No team wants the circus now. He's made more $ than I will ever see in my life time. He gave it a shot and it didn't work out at the pro level. Hang it up Tim and save face and do something meaningful. Not every college player that's great in college is even decent at the next level. Only a gifted few make it, and Tim's just not that caliber. He should go be a Florida assistant or something.
          You have to wonder if his psyche isn't somehow damaged a bit from this experience.

And really the Broncos are to blame in part for this, specifically Josh McDaniels. Tebow never should have been drafted in the first round, and he most definitely shouldn't have been drafted to this team.
          sigpic

Comment

I said he would be on his third team in the same number of years. I guess that wasn't THAT hard of a prediction.
            sigpic

Comment

I can maybe see some team sign him if an injury happens to their starting QB. But even with that, not likely. I still wish him luck, but he's likely gonna be out of the league unless he switches positions. I doubt he will though.

Sad thing is that I wanted him to be successful, but he was too busy copyrighting his Tebowing move.
              sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
              Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

I agree! That turd McDaniels should have never drafted the kid in the 1st. Pick him up in the 3rd if you really feel like he was all that great. I think Tim's psych is damaged, how can it not be. But he's a good guy and won't show it in public. I really do think he might go back to Florida and be a part of the Gators coaching staff in some form. Now has NFL experience and he would be in a safe environment.

Comment

@AdamSchefter: Jets had granted Tim Tebow permission this off-season to seek a trade. More than one team asked if were willing to play TE, but he was not.

His nfl career is most likely over

Comment

Originally posted by VADER72 View Post
                    I agree! That turd McDaniels should have never drafted the kid in the 1st. Pick him up in the 3rd if you really feel like he was all that great. I think Tim's psych is damaged, how can it not be. But he's a good guy and won't show it in public. I really do think he might go back to Florida and be a part of the Gators coaching staff in some form. Now has NFL experience and he would be in a safe environment.
                    Bills were trying to get into the bottom of the first to get him, so if McDaniels wanted him, he had to be grabbed there. Not a legitimate statement.

Comment

Unless he's bad with money, at least he made enough to be set for life. Then again, he'll probably do some other career.
                      sigpic

Comment

If it's true that he said he wouldn't play any other position to teams that called about a trade...then this is what he deserves.
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                          Unless he's bad with money, at least he made enough to be set for life. Then again, he'll probably do some other career.
                          Yeah I can't see Tebow playing golf and watching sportscenter and the news all day.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                            If it's true that he said he wouldn't play any other position to teams that called about a trade...then this is what he deserves.
                            I think he's being dumb for not doing it. He's really gonna turn down a few million to play TE? If I were offered that, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                              What ever happened to the attitude of "I'll do whatever it takes for the team to win". I guess that only applies when the situation is optimal for him. Way to go Teebs. Teams are offering you a chance to stay in the league, and you don't want it. Must be nice to be able to turn down a job being a pro athlete.

Comment

Working...
                              X