Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N.Y. Jets Release Former Bronco QB Tim Tebow

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    You should study football history. I think you would find it interesting, and it would help you understand what you're seeing.
    It was too conservative. It was bad for the team and bad for the QB. A season based on fluky wins, players without confidence. Wesley Woodyard and Champ Bailey already said the players went to some games feeling they were going to lose. Not even the coaches and the front office believed in that style of offense. Getting rid of Tebow was a priority in the offseason. I understand what Mike McCoy was trying to do, but it's tough to accept that kind of game especially after the opposing defense has figured it out. Those same zone-read plays over and over again, a fake spread offense in chains and the scarcity of high completion throws... Honestly, I cringe when I replay those games.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
      Does it matter? We all know what Cory is talking about. Sometimes, people talk about NFL teams by their city/state name.
      When Cory claims that Tebow is getting passes for bad games, and that I consistently leave out the Buffalo game, it matters that he quotes a post and does not read the post where it is clearly stated that I consider that Tebow and Franklin combined for most of the blame in that game.

      The sad thing about the 2011 season is that I - at least - was left with a sense that poor coaching hampered both our QB's that year and that especially Tebow showed substantially more potential pre-John Fox. I saw a QB that in 2010 far exceeded my expectation, that on top of solid skills in 2010, showed an amazing drive/leadership/resilience in 2011.

      In 2011 I also saw a player that was a tremendous compliment to the run game where Willis McGahee's yards per carry increased more than 50% after Orton was benched.

      It is great to see Peyton's precision and leadership, but I was really impressed with the ability Tebow shift gears and improve the play when it mattered. I am quite sure that Gary Kubiak would make/have made an elite QB out of him he had been fired by the Texans and had come here. As a coach he is just so much better!

      Comment


      • Tebow still completed less than half his passes in the 3 games he played in 2010. With the exception of the Raiders game, he still waited until the end of the game to score.

        That is true about McGahee getting more yards with Tebow, but that's because Orton threw the ball a lot more.

        Fox even said he'd be screwed if he played in any other offense. I agree since he can't read defenses for passing plays. One play against the Patriots proves it. Plus, he obviously didn't succeed with Rex Ryan.

        Sorry, but he's not very good. There's a reason he's unsigned right now.
        sigpic

        2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
        Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
          Tebow still completed less than half his passes in the 3 games he played in 2010. With the exception of the Raiders game, he still waited until the end of the game to score.

          That is true about McGahee getting more yards with Tebow, but that's because Orton threw the ball a lot more.

          Fox even said he'd be screwed if he played in any other offense. I agree since he can't read defenses for passing plays. One play against the Patriots proves it. Plus, he obviously didn't succeed with Rex Ryan.

          Sorry, but he's not very good. There's a reason he's unsigned right now.
          Elway also completed less than half his passes in his first season starting...

          The fact that NFL players voted Tebow the 95th best player in NFL, and the 13th best QB in 2011/12, speaks volumes.



          Tebow is difficult to sign because you get so much noise from sections of his fans that have less interest in football than in religion.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
            Elway also completed less than half his passes in his first season starting...

            The fact that NFL players voted Tebow the 95th best player in NFL, and the 13th best QB in 2011/12, speaks volumes.



            Tebow is difficult to sign because you get so much noise from sections of his fans that have less interest in football than in religion.
            Top 100 players as voted by their peers. It's not like he made the all*pro team or something.

            His fans wouldn't be a problem if he could ball.

            Yet again just more "it's not Timmy's fault".
            Last edited by CoryWinget81; 05-08-2013, 07:35 AM.
            sigpic

            Hooray, beer!

            Comment


            • Oh, and how in the hell was the Bills game Orlando Franklins fault?
              http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201112...b7&tab=analyze
              First INT, holds the ball for at least 7 seconds
              Second INT, no pressure at all


              I was going to go through and look to see where and how this game was "Franklin and Tebow's fault" and I just shut it off. He's holding the ball 4, 5, 6 seconds at a time and he's obviously having a pretty terrible time trying to read the defense.

              I can't stand to watch that anymore.

              Tebow was plain awful in this game. Can you provide some kind of visual proof that this game was on Franklin's shoulders? Because I'm not seeing any.
              sigpic

              Hooray, beer!

              Comment


              • So I guess all the wins it was all Tebow and all the loses is all the defense...makes sense to me....
                I support Kaepernick 100%

                Comment


                • Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                  So I guess all the wins it was all Tebow and all the loses is all the defense...makes sense to me....
                  And on the flip side, I guess all the wins were the defense and all the losses it was all Tebow?

                  I believe the truth is somewhere in the middle. Tebow helped the TEAM win, and Tebow helped the TEAM lose. All I know is that the TEAM had much more success with Tebow than they did with Orton, both seasons that they both played. All I know is the TEAM with Tebow is the only Bronco team to win a Playoff game in over 5 years (although I expect that to thankfully change this season because PFM).

                  I dont care if we win 41- 34 with 600 yards passing or 10-7 with 10 yards passing, as longs as it's a win. The team won with Tebow. For that I am greatful. I do believe we will win a lot more with PFM, I'm not upset with how everything worked out.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                    And on the flip side, I guess all the wins were the defense and all the losses it was all Tebow?

                    I believe the truth is somewhere in the middle. Tebow helped the TEAM win, and Tebow helped the TEAM lose. All I know is that the TEAM had much more success with Tebow than they did with Orton, both seasons that they both played. All I know is the TEAM with Tebow is the only Bronco team to win a Playoff game in over 5 years (although I expect that to thankfully change this season because PFM).

                    I dont care if we win 41- 34 with 600 yards passing or 10-7 with 10 yards passing, as longs as it's a win. The team won with Tebow. For that I am greatful. I do believe we will win a lot more with PFM, I'm not upset with how everything worked out.
                    The defense had more to with the wins than Tebow did....If it wasnt for them stopping teams(for the most part),the games would of had more blow out loses,because Tebow couldnt move the ball at all...

                    I agree that the defense played bad,but lets not act like it has wasnt because Tebow couldnt put points on the board or couldnt move the ball....Tebow basically had the defense on suicide watch

                    Its amazing how people want to talk about the last 5 minutes of games but totally ignore the other 55 minutes......
                    I support Kaepernick 100%

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                      The defense had more to with the wins than Tebow did....If it wasnt for them stopping teams(for the most part),the games would of had more blow out loses,because Tebow couldnt move the ball at all...

                      I agree that the defense played bad,but lets not act like it has wasnt because Tebow couldnt put points on the board or couldnt move the ball....Tebow basically had the defense on suicide watch

                      Its amazing how people want to talk about the last 5 minutes of games but totally ignore the other 55 minutes......
                      And it's completely coincidental the defense made a huge jump that they could start taking over games with Tebow when they couldn't with Orton...

                      It's completely coincidental the team that started 1-5 with Orton all the sudden started playing good enough to win the exact time Tebow started playing? The same team that had the worst record in the NFL in like a 25 game span just put it all together completely by coincidence at the same time Tebow started playing?

                      Like I said, "I guess all the wins were the defense and all the losses it was all Tebow?" That viewpoint is every bit as ridiculous as the viewpoint that Tebow should be credited with every win, and the defense blamed for every loss.

                      His throwing is atrocious. His rushing ability and leadership, however, are not. He pressured defenses, and led the team, in ways that are not traditional. But it still worked. Denver made it to the playoffs for the first time in 5 years, and even won. To say that Tebow did not help the team improve is allowing personal feelings for him to ignore the obvious. He wasn't the long term answer at QB. But he wasn't a failure, either.
                      Last edited by PowderAddict; 05-10-2013, 08:27 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                        And it's completely coincidental the defense made a huge jump that they could start taking over games with Tebow when they couldn't with Orton...

                        It's completely coincidental the team that started 1-5 with Orton all the sudden started playing good enough to win the exact time Tebow started playing? The same team that had the worst record in the NFL in like a 25 game span just put it all together completely by coincidence at the same time Tebow started playing?

                        Like I said, "I guess all the wins were the defense and all the losses it was all Tebow?" That viewpoint is every bit as ridiculous as the viewpoint that Tebow should be credited with every win, and the defense blamed for every loss.

                        His throwing is atrocious. His rushing ability and leadership, however, are not. He pressured defenses, and led the team, in way that are not traditional. But it still worked. Denver made it to the playoffs for the first time in 5 years, and even won. To say that Tebow did not help the team improve is allowing personal feelings for him to ignore the obvious. He wasn't the long term answer at QB. But he wasn't a failure, either.
                        What an exceptional post.

                        When the team was not in desperation mode Tebow's throwing was atrocious, though a lot of the dirt balls were also him being extremely cautious and not trying to squeeze the balls into tight windows.

                        It was clear that the Fox led team of coaches did not have a great vision for developing Tebow, and as such he had limited potential as the long term starter for the Broncos. Had we gotten Kubiak or retained McDaniels, I am quite certain that Tebow would have developed quite different. He has the raw ability, but it is baffling that he can accurately complete deep passes and then miss a 3 yard slant by 2 yards.

                        He has great untapped potential but it takes an elite offensive coach to tap into that. If the hallelujah crowd and the anti-hallelujah crowd takes the militant battle down a notch, Tim Tebow the football player might realize his potential as an NFL QB that can win when it matters.

                        Many of the Tebow critics bring up the Patriot games as proof he could not make it, and praise the defense for the wins. Our defense while playing well in general has been abysmal against Tom Brady and the Patriots for several years now.

                        In 2011 we gave up 41 points and 45 points against the Patriots
                        In 2012 we gave up 31 points

                        These are the points that other playoff teams gave up against the Patriots over the last several years

                        Giants allowed 14 points in 2007
                        Ravens allowed 14 points in 2009
                        Jets allowed 21 points in 2010
                        Ravens allowed 23 points in 2011
                        Giants allowed 17 points in 2011
                        Ravens allowed 20 points in 2012

                        Had our defenses put up those kind of numbers then the chances of success would have been much greater.

                        We won in 2011 because the offense, defense and special teams acted like a team that fought side by side and had each others backs. Tim Tebow, Jake Plummer, John Elway and Peyton Manning has/had the thing in common that they did not let the team quit, and that in my book is a very important trait, and the reason I am convinced that Tebow will find his way back into a lineup.

                        Comment


                        • We won as a team in 2011. It was a team effort in getting to the playoffs. Tebow was more along for the ride more then anything else. He didn't lead our team to the playoffs. He rode along to the playoffs and helped. However he didn't play good. He is a bad quarterback, who has bad potential and that is why when he was available for trade he didn't garner much interest and now as a free agent he is getting no interest. His spastic fans are not worth the trouble. If Tebow was actually good the fans would be fine. However as I said, it isn't worth it.

                          Now onto some comments made in this thread. The little tidbit about Brandon Lloyd left not because of Tebow but because of John Fox. Was John Fox still the coach during free agency in 2012 ? Because Brandon Lloyd texted with Dmac from the fan and he said he would be interested in coming back and playing for the Broncos. I think John Fox was still here at that point. Also Brandon Lloyd said that he would not have even prefered to stay for the playoff run after it was over in 2011. Remind me again though. Was John Fox still our head coach during the 2012 NFL free agency period ?

                          The elite potential comment made me laugh. The guy has mediocre potential. I have gone into this before and it really isn't hard to understand. His arm talent is mediocre. It is poor. He doesn't throw with commanding velocity or zip and his release is as slow as it comes. He struggles with basic quarterbacking jobs and he is really bad at reading a defense. And this potential ? Well when will we see it ? 3 years in the NFL with little to no improvment. Well I suppose he can take a snap from under center now Elite potential, good joke.

                          Where will he end up ? I don't know but I do know I am so glad he is gone. What a wasted draft pick by the worst thing to ever happen to the Denver Broncos, Josh Mcdaniels. Tim Tebow is overrated, overdrafted and overhyped. His fans are batcrap crazy and if he does ever see an NFL field again maybe I can be proven right again. We will see.

                          Comment


                          • If nothing else, at least Tebow got boring, no heart Orton on the bench. At least Tebow made the games interesting.

                            Either way, it was an exciting time, a time of transition, and I am glad Elway is running the ship. We seem to have a plan and are on the right track now.
                            Last edited by PowderAddict; 05-10-2013, 09:51 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                              It was too conservative. It was bad for the team and bad for the QB. A season based on fluky wins, players without confidence. Wesley Woodyard and Champ Bailey already said the players went to some games feeling they were going to lose. Not even the coaches and the front office believed in that style of offense. Getting rid of Tebow was a priority in the offseason. I understand what Mike McCoy was trying to do, but it's tough to accept that kind of game especially after the opposing defense has figured it out. Those same zone-read plays over and over again, a fake spread offense in chains and the scarcity of high completion throws... Honestly, I cringe when I replay those games.
                              Mike McCoy and Dave Magazu deserve a lot of credit for what the O did in 2011 after Tebow became the starter. Orton wasn't getting the job done and I think it can now be understood why Brady Quinn was not a viable possibility. There was more to that offense than Spead O/Read Option. If you are cringing, you are probably not noticing the great number of rushing attack sytems that were dovetailed and fitted together.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                                Mike McCoy and Dave Magazu deserve a lot of credit for what the O did in 2011 after Tebow became the starter. Orton wasn't getting the job done and I think it can now be understood why Brady Quinn was not a viable possibility. There was more to that offense than Spead O/Read Option. If you are cringing, you are probably not noticing the great number of rushing attack sytems that were dovetailed and fitted together.
                                One of the key issues however is how well the offense worked with Tebow in 2010 compared to 2011. In 2010 he threw screens, deep passes, runs but was mostly a drop back QB and doing very well in his first starts.

                                In 2011 he did not do that outside of the last 5 minutes of every game. The run game worked very well in 2011 (#1) but it was not many whole games where he looked good. 2010 showed more ability than 2011

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X