Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My top 10 RB's in the league

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My top 10 RB's in the league

    1 - Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings

    2 - Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens

    3 - Arian Foster, Houston Texans

    4 - Maurice Jones-Drew, Jacksonville Jaguars

    5 - Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans

    6 - Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks

    7 - Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs

    8 - Doug Martin, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

    9 - LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles

    10 - Matt Forte, Chicago Bears

  • #2
    Disagree.
    Matt Forte is better than McCoy and Drew. We'd have to see how Martin does this year before already deeming him a top 10 back. Morte and Charles are better than Johnson.

    I agree with the top 3 though.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

    Comment


    • #3
      I think Chris Johnson is in for another big year if he can stay healthy.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
        Disagree.
        Matt Forte is better than McCoy and Drew. We'd have to see how Martin does this year before already deeming him a top 10 back. Morte and Charles are better than Johnson.

        I agree with the top 3 though.
        Fair enough.

        Martin is in early, but he had a great year and more importantly for me he looked the part of a top back.

        There is not much between Charles and CJ. The reason I give Johnson the nod is that he has been in this league 5 years and often has an average line and below par passing game to take the heat off him.

        Yet every year he has topped 1000 yards, often well exceeding that. He has never dropped below 4 yards a carry, and in 5 years has only missed one game.

        He has also ran in 44 TD's the last 5 years, compared to Charles's 17.

        I think Forte is a little over-rated and is slowing down. He does have good hands and takes advantage of screen plays well. Its only the last 3 years he has averaged 4 yards a carry or more, and only got to 1000 yards 2 out of those 3 seasons (with the highest being 1094). He has also never hit 10+ TD's in a season on the ground.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'd cut McCoy and CJ, and put in Alfred Morris and either Stephen Jackson or Frank Gore
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

          Comment


          • #6
            Gore, Forte, McCoy, Charles, and Lynch should all be ahead of C. Johnson imo

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
              I'd cut McCoy and CJ, and put in Alfred Morris and either Stephen Jackson or Frank Gore
              Obviously your entitled to your opinion but CJ not in the top ten ? Hard to take that seriously. Did you see my post on him ? Hard to argue with that.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post
                Gore, Forte, McCoy, Charles, and Lynch should all be ahead of C. Johnson imo
                Johnson outperformed them all the last few years, with no help.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                  Johnson outperformed them all the last few years, with no help.
                  Last year they either had =#s or better than CJ.
                  "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Chris Johnson had one of the best if not the best o-line in the game his first 2 seasons. It was average in his 3rd year and it's tanked the last 2 years. Jamaal Charles is better than Johnson, in Charles 3 seasons as a starter he's only had 84 carries in the redzone, in Johnson's last 3 seasons he has about 40 more redzone carries. Obviously Johnson is going to get a lot more TDs because Charles is taken off the field around the goalline, Johnson is left in. Charles has had over 5 ypc in all 3 full seasons as a starter, Johnson has only done that once and that was his 2000 yard season in which he ran behind a top o-line. Charles had 6 ypc in 2010. Chris Johnson is known for making big plays, and Charles is simply better at it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                      Last year they either had =#s or better than CJ.
                      Jackson had 200 yards less and 2 TD's less. The numbers are not hugely lower then CJ's but you can't seriously have an ageing Jackson over Johnson ? He's hardly got anything left in the tank and was picked up on a cheap contract after minimal interest.

                      Gore is good. He had similar stats to Johnson last year, but he had a much better team and line to help him so I factored that in. Over the last 5 years Johnson has outperformed him quite alot, so I factored that in too.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                        Chris Johnson had one of the best if not the best o-line in the game his first 2 seasons. It was average in his 3rd year and it's tanked the last 2 years. Jamaal Charles is better than Johnson, in Charles 3 seasons as a starter he's only had 84 carries in the redzone, in Johnson's last 3 seasons he has about 40 more redzone carries. Obviously Johnson is going to get a lot more TDs because Charles is taken off the field around the goalline, Johnson is left in. Charles has had over 5 ypc in all 3 full seasons as a starter, Johnson has only done that once and that was his 2000 yard season in which he ran behind a top o-line. Charles had 6 ypc in 2010. Chris Johnson is known for making big plays, and Charles is simply better at it.
                        Isn't that another tick in the Johnson box. Not only is he a better back anyway IMO, and stats wise, but he plays in all situations and is rarely spelled.... yet has missed one game in 5 years.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                          Jackson had 200 yards less and 2 TD's less. The numbers are not hugely lower then CJ's but you can't seriously have an ageing Jackson over Johnson ? He's hardly got anything left in the tank and was picked up on a cheap contract after minimal interest.

                          Gore is good. He had similar stats to Johnson last year, but he had a much better team and line to help him so I factored that in. Over the last 5 years Johnson has outperformed him quite alot, so I factored that in too.
                          And yet Jackson will start in ATL. We don't even know how many carries Chris "cry me a river" Johnson is going to get with the addition of Shonn Green
                          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Jacquizz Rodgers will get far more carries then Shonn Greene.

                            Ahhhhhhhhh.......... it makes sense now. You don't like CJ personally. Too many people let personal feelings and bias get in the way of a proper assessment.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                              Jacquizz Rodgers will get far more carries then Shonn Greene.

                              Ahhhhhhhhh.......... it makes sense now. You don't like CJ personally. Too many people let personal feelings and bias get in the way of a proper assessment.
                              Actually I feel sorry for CJ. He never had much talent around him, and I DISLIKE Jackson. I just prefer Jackson to CJ
                              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X