My top 10 RB's in the league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Actually I feel sorry for CJ. He never had much talent around him, and I DISLIKE Jackson. I just prefer Jackson to CJ
    I wouldn't feel too sorry for CJ, he got his pay-day.

Jackson in his prime would of been a good argument.

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
      Disagree.
      Matt Forte is better than McCoy and Drew. We'd have to see how Martin does this year before already deeming him a top 10 back. Morte and Charles are better than Johnson.

I agree with the top 3 though.
      I think Forte in a Trestman offense is going to be fun to watch. I remember Charlie Garner catching 90 passes when Trestman was OC in Oakland.

Comment

1. Frank Gore-There is probably not a better back for winding out the clock than Gore, where tackling him doesn't mean you've stopped him, getting yards while being tackled. Against a good tackling team, I'd take him over anyone. He has good power, but he is underrated with his speed and quickness as well.

2. Marshawn Lynch-Absolute beast of a leg drive, great stiff arm as well. Along with that he has the speed to be a home run threat. Aside from Gore, I'd take him over anyone due to his ability to make yards out of tough situations.

3. Adrian Peterson-Great combination of being a home run threat, as well as a power back, and the moves in the open field.

4. Jamaal Charles-If not McFadden, the league's best home run threat right now, great moves in the open field. Does a great job of lunging forward when he cuts to get extra yards when he is tackled. Great vision as well, and a threat as a pass catcher

5. Maurice Jones-Drew-beast of a runner, great leg drive. Has the speed to be a home run threat, and is one of the better backs at getting yards while being tackled.

6. Arian Foster-pretty good all around back, home run threat, good open field quickness, power and ok at yards while being tackled, not a complete hit or miss like a lot of backs.

7. Darren McFadden-I'm going on skill, not stats or durability but when healthy the league's best backs. McFadden is a beast, perhaps the league's top home run threat, a good pass catcher and underrated power.

8. Steven Jackson-beast of power and speed, great at keeping his legs going through contact

9. Ray Rice-very "slippery" in the open field to slip out of tackles, as well as juke to get away from them. Great home run threat and receiving threat. He has good power, and is a great weapon as a back. Wouldn't use him to get first downs and wind down the clock though.

10. Willis McGahee-an underrated back, good as a back to wind down the clock, yards while being tackled. Great stiff arm, powerful runner with decent quickness and speed(although it's gone way down since college).

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
          Isn't that another tick in the Johnson box. Not only is he a better back anyway IMO, and stats wise, but he plays in all situations and is rarely spelled.... yet has missed one game in 5 years.
          But Charles has usually had Thomas Jones and Peyton Hillis who are bigger RBs and teams generally favor bigger backs on the goal line. Other than Lendale White in 08, Johnson never had anyone there to take his carries away from him. They've been the exception because of how much they have to pay Johnson. And it's really because the more TDs Johnson gets, the more they can attempt to justify his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
            1. Frank Gore-There is probably not a better back for winding out the clock than Gore, where tackling him doesn't mean you've stopped him, getting yards while being tackled. Against a good tackling team, I'd take him over anyone. He has good power, but he is underrated with his speed and quickness as well.

2. Marshawn Lynch-Absolute beast of a leg drive, great stiff arm as well. Along with that he has the speed to be a home run threat. Aside from Gore, I'd take him over anyone due to his ability to make yards out of tough situations.

3. Adrian Peterson-Great combination of being a home run threat, as well as a power back, and the moves in the open field.

4. Jamaal Charles-If not McFadden, the league's best home run threat right now, great moves in the open field. Does a great job of lunging forward when he cuts to get extra yards when he is tackled. Great vision as well, and a threat as a pass catcher

5. Maurice Jones-Drew-beast of a runner, great leg drive. Has the speed to be a home run threat, and is one of the better backs at getting yards while being tackled.

6. Arian Foster-pretty good all around back, home run threat, good open field quickness, power and ok at yards while being tackled, not a complete hit or miss like a lot of backs.

7. Darren McFadden-I'm going on skill, not stats or durability but when healthy the league's best backs. McFadden is a beast, perhaps the league's top home run threat, a good pass catcher and underrated power.

8. Steven Jackson-beast of power and speed, great at keeping his legs going through contact

9. Ray Rice-very "slippery" in the open field to slip out of tackles, as well as juke to get away from them. Great home run threat and receiving threat. He has good power, and is a great weapon as a back. Wouldn't use him to get first downs and wind down the clock though.

10. Willis McGahee-an underrated back, good as a back to wind down the clock, yards while being tackled. Great stiff arm, powerful runner with decent quickness and speed(although it's gone way down since college).
            I seriously hope that you're joking. AD is the best back BY FAR
            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Yeah, AP and CJ are a long way ahead at their positions

Comment

I think most of this argument is subjective once you get past Adrian Peterson. My personal opinion is that M. Lynch should be #2 on that list. That dude runs like the tasmanian devil from those old Bugs Bunny cartoons.
                sigpic
                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Do you see the resemblance?

sigpic

Comment

Yep, after AP its a subjective list. There's no right or wrong answers.

The only argument I would make is CJ has to be top ten in any list. For a back having 5 consecutive 1000 yard seasons, a bunch of TD's, only missing one game in 5 years, and often carrying a poor offense to not be in a top ten at least is just wrong IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                      Yep, after AP its a subjective list. There's no right or wrong answers.

The only argument I would make is CJ has to be top ten in any list. For a back having 5 consecutive 1000 yard seasons, a bunch of TD's, only missing one game in 5 years, and often carrying a poor offense to not be in a top ten at least is just wrong IMO.
                      He also had a YPC average a few years that were ridiculous. I think he averaged close to 6.2 one year. That is absolutely absurd. The only people I know if in history that have something like that off were Jim Brown and Barry Sanders, considering the number of carries.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                        He also had a YPC average a few years that were ridiculous. I think he averaged close to 6.2 one year. That is absolutely absurd. The only people I know if in history that have something like that off were Jim Brown and Barry Sanders, considering the number of carries.
                        yeah pretty crazy lol

Comment

5.8 was the highest CJ had. Charles is the RB you're thinking of, he had 6.4 his 2nd year starting.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                            5.8 was the highest CJ had. Charles is the RB you're thinking of, he had 6.4 his 2nd year starting.
                            yep your right, it was Charles and it was a pretty good year.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                              Charles didn't have that many carries though, did he? I don't remember him ever having a big workload. I know he had over 1k yards, but not a ton of carries.
                              sigpic

Comment

Charles didn't have that many carries though, did he? I don't remember him ever having a big workload. I know he had over 1k yards, but not a ton of carries.
                                He had 230 that season, which is a pretty good amount. He had 285 this season and averaged 5.3.

Comment

Working...
                                X