My top 10 RB's in the league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Charles didn't have that many carries though, did he? I don't remember him ever having a big workload. I know he had over 1k yards, but not a ton of carries.
    His big year - 230 carries, 1467 yards, 5 td's

CJ's - 358 carries, 2006, 14 td's

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
      Charles didn't have that many carries though, did he? I don't remember him ever having a big workload. I know he had over 1k yards, but not a ton of carries.
      He averaged 6.4 and had 230 carries. He also averaged 5.9 and had 190 carries
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

230 and 190 carries is only 14 and 12 a game.

He has never carried the load for KC

Comment

He also never had a quaity QB
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

If you look at the carries CJ has had for the last 5 seasons

276, 262, 316, 358, 251. His durability is quite impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
              I seriously hope that you're joking. AD is the best back BY FAR
              LOL, I'm not calling him All Day that's dumb. He's not the best by far, like I said I'm not going on stats as those are more of a reflection on the offensive line. I'd take Gore and Lynch over AP right now, those 2 are the best backs when the defense is playing well.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                Yeah, AP and CJ are a long way ahead at their positions
                Lol, CJ doesn't even belong in the top 10. He had holes you could drive a truck through in 2009, and now that that is no longer the case no surprise the stats aren't so great. Now that he got paid big, he hasn't worked as hard and has gotten worse. He is terrible at running between the tackles, and runs with the home run or nothing mentality. Sometimes he hits a home run to make his stats look better than they are, but he doesn't provide his team with consistent running all game where they can effectively use the run game to move the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
                  Lol, CJ doesn't even belong in the top 10. He had holes you could drive a truck through in 2009, and now that that is no longer the case no surprise the stats aren't so great. Now that he got paid big, he hasn't worked as hard and has gotten worse. He is terrible at running between the tackles, and runs with the home run or nothing mentality. Sometimes he hits a home run to make his stats look better than they are, but he doesn't provide his team with consistent running all game where they can effectively use the run game to move the ball.
                  I probably should of been clearer.

I meant AP and Megatron are a long way ahead at their positions. I was talking about CJ the receiver

Comment

Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
                    LOL, I'm not calling him All Day that's dumb. He's not the best by far, like I said I'm not going on stats as those are more of a reflection on the offensive line. I'd take Gore and Lynch over AP right now, those 2 are the best backs when the defense is playing well.
                    Last year he had arguably the best season by a RB in history without a QB and one WR

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                      I probably should of been clearer.

I meant AP and Megatron are a long way ahead at their positions. I was talking about CJ the receiver
                      Indeed you should have, lol. I presumed it was Chris Johnson because it is a thread about RBs. As for Calvin though, I'd say it's between him and Andre Johnson for the top spot, 1A and 1B perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                        Last year he had arguably the best season by a RB in history without a QB and one WR
                        The best statistical season, like I said I'm not going on stats as those have much more to do with the line. In terms of what they themselves bring to the table, I have him 3rd behind Lynch and Gore.

As for the no QB/WR thing, I don't think that matters as much as you think it does. I remember how Vikings fans back in 07-08 would talk about "if he only had a QB" making it seem as though he'd get 3000 yards if he had the help of a passing game. However, we've already seen it happen in 2009, when Favre came there and they had one of the league's best pass attacks, his yards actually dropped.

AP is one of the best backs in the league at finding a crease in a defense that stacks the box, he would kill the Bears that way early in his career, because nobody would be around when he found that crease and he'd take it to the house. It seems strange, but playing him in a base defense may actually be a better way to go about it, if your defense plays well.

Comment

Working...
                        X