X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fallforward3y+
    replied
    Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Last year he had arguably the best season by a RB in history without a QB and one WR
    The best statistical season, like I said I'm not going on stats as those have much more to do with the line. In terms of what they themselves bring to the table, I have him 3rd behind Lynch and Gore.

As for the no QB/WR thing, I don't think that matters as much as you think it does. I remember how Vikings fans back in 07-08 would talk about "if he only had a QB" making it seem as though he'd get 3000 yards if he had the help of a passing game. However, we've already seen it happen in 2009, when Favre came there and they had one of the league's best pass attacks, his yards actually dropped.

AP is one of the best backs in the league at finding a crease in a defense that stacks the box, he would kill the Bears that way early in his career, because nobody would be around when he found that crease and he'd take it to the house. It seems strange, but playing him in a base defense may actually be a better way to go about it, if your defense plays well.

Leave a comment:

• fallforward3y+
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I probably should of been clearer.

I meant AP and Megatron are a long way ahead at their positions. I was talking about CJ the receiver
    Indeed you should have, lol. I presumed it was Chris Johnson because it is a thread about RBs. As for Calvin though, I'd say it's between him and Andre Johnson for the top spot, 1A and 1B perhaps.

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
    LOL, I'm not calling him All Day that's dumb. He's not the best by far, like I said I'm not going on stats as those are more of a reflection on the offensive line. I'd take Gore and Lynch over AP right now, those 2 are the best backs when the defense is playing well.
    Last year he had arguably the best season by a RB in history without a QB and one WR

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
    Lol, CJ doesn't even belong in the top 10. He had holes you could drive a truck through in 2009, and now that that is no longer the case no surprise the stats aren't so great. Now that he got paid big, he hasn't worked as hard and has gotten worse. He is terrible at running between the tackles, and runs with the home run or nothing mentality. Sometimes he hits a home run to make his stats look better than they are, but he doesn't provide his team with consistent running all game where they can effectively use the run game to move the ball.
    I probably should of been clearer.

I meant AP and Megatron are a long way ahead at their positions. I was talking about CJ the receiver

Leave a comment:

• fallforward3y+
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Yeah, AP and CJ are a long way ahead at their positions
    Lol, CJ doesn't even belong in the top 10. He had holes you could drive a truck through in 2009, and now that that is no longer the case no surprise the stats aren't so great. Now that he got paid big, he hasn't worked as hard and has gotten worse. He is terrible at running between the tackles, and runs with the home run or nothing mentality. Sometimes he hits a home run to make his stats look better than they are, but he doesn't provide his team with consistent running all game where they can effectively use the run game to move the ball.

Leave a comment:

• fallforward3y+
    replied
    Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I seriously hope that you're joking. AD is the best back BY FAR
    LOL, I'm not calling him All Day that's dumb. He's not the best by far, like I said I'm not going on stats as those are more of a reflection on the offensive line. I'd take Gore and Lynch over AP right now, those 2 are the best backs when the defense is playing well.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    If you look at the carries CJ has had for the last 5 seasons

276, 262, 316, 358, 251. His durability is quite impressive.

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    He also never had a quaity QB

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    230 and 190 carries is only 14 and 12 a game.

He has never carried the load for KC

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Charles didn't have that many carries though, did he? I don't remember him ever having a big workload. I know he had over 1k yards, but not a ton of carries.
    He averaged 6.4 and had 230 carries. He also averaged 5.9 and had 190 carries

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Charles didn't have that many carries though, did he? I don't remember him ever having a big workload. I know he had over 1k yards, but not a ton of carries.
    His big year - 230 carries, 1467 yards, 5 td's

CJ's - 358 carries, 2006, 14 td's

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    He had 230 that season, which is a pretty good amount. He had 285 this season and averaged 5.3.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    5.8 was the highest CJ had. Charles is the RB you're thinking of, he had 6.4 his 2nd year starting.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    5.8 was the highest CJ had. Charles is the RB you're thinking of, he had 6.4 his 2nd year starting.
    yep your right, it was Charles and it was a pretty good year.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    He also had a YPC average a few years that were ridiculous. I think he averaged close to 6.2 one year. That is absolutely absurd. The only people I know if in history that have something like that off were Jim Brown and Barry Sanders, considering the number of carries.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X