NFL Week 1 Roundtable Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    I am impressed with the Cardinals. They have a much improved offense with Carson Palmer. It's the first time this team plays with a serviceable QB since Kurt Warner retired.
    I agree. I also think the Steelers are going to regret giving up on Mendy.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

SF was the only team that looks like someone to worry about. Their rookie safety Reid looks like a freak, big time player
      KENTUCKY WILDCATS/DENVER BRONCOS

Comment

Originally posted by IhateURface View Post
        SF was the only team that looks like someone to worry about. Their rookie safety Reid looks like a freak, big time player
        They got a gift TD and won by 6. I wouldn't say they're the only team that looked good today.

As a matter of fact, I think they looked a little shaky, especially for being at home.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Neither team really impressed as a whole. Boldin did as a player...So glad he wasn't a Raven Thurs night.

Rodgers is gonna miss Jennings.
          sigpic

Comment

Not a good day for ref Bill Leavy.

Dude better not handle any playoff games.

http://www.footballzebras.com/2013/09/08/7774/
            During a third-and-6 scramble by 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, a muddled enforcement where the difference was milliseconds wound up being a difference of four points. Packers linebacker Clay Matthews was flagged for a late hit on Kaepernick well after Kaepernick had stepped out of bounds. The two teams engaged in a small scuffle afterward, when the 49ers were hit with unnecessary roughness foul.

Because the Matthews foul was two steps after the ball was dead, the fouls were on the dead-ball side of the ledger, and the proper call is to offset the two fouls and the down counts. That would have given the 49ers a fourth down and a likely field goal situation.

Instead, Bill Leavy and the crew offset and replayed the down. The 49ers took another shot for the end zone, and they scored.

The change in enforcement is clearly defined, but a foul a half-second earlier would have a different enforcement. If the Matthews foul was a live-ball foul with Kaepernick in bounds (a different penalty, of course), and it is paired with the 49ers post-play foul as part of the continuing actions, then the fouls offset at the previous spot. Third down. Literally two steps made the difference on enforcement.
            Team Broncos!
            2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              They got a gift TD and won by 6. I wouldn't say they're the only team that looked good today.

As a matter of fact, I think they looked a little shaky, especially for being at home.
              Not the only team that looked good, they were the only team that had a look that I worry that can beat us. With their weapons and defensive personnel they are the only team I don't want to see.

I know any given week we can lose, but as long as we stay healthy I'm very confident
              KENTUCKY WILDCATS/DENVER BRONCOS

Comment

Good lord, hey ELI, your guys are wearing BLUE tonight. BLUE.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Even tho the game has been sloppy...Romo is carving up that giants d..13/19 for 88 yards so far

Comment

So.......with our Offense relying heavily on the hurry up, how to we counter the Giants' fake injuries? Many may do it, but the Giants have long done it more frequently.
                    sigpic

Comment

Eli is clutch he will come back if they don't fumble 17 more times.
                      sigpic

Comment

49ers will be very scary. We played a bad game and still beat the Packers.

Best team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by 9erEmpire View Post
                          49ers will be very scary. We played a bad game and still beat the Packers.

Best team in the NFL.
                          Stop trolling, go to your own damn forum.
                          Last edited by Broncoholic3233; 09-08-2013, 08:37 PM.
                          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Giants gonna be pisssssssed next week tho

We gotta show up and start fast.
                            2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Did anyone else think the passing numbers were even more inflated than usual this year? Ten 300 yard and three 400 yard passers to a measly two 100 yard rushers (only one of which is an actual runningback). Really? The top ten list of rushers for the week combined for a whooping three touchdowns. I know we finally have an elite passer but man, I really hate where the NFL is going.
                              disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
                                I know we finally have an elite passer but man, I really hate where the NFL is going.
                                It makes me sad.

I became a Bears fan in the 80's. Payton was the Offense, and a legend.

The NFL seems to want a game that's all flash and no dash. Brings the fairweather fans in I guess. But the purists...

Comment

Working...
                                X