Romo's int.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romo's int.

I have seen a lot of "Romo's a choker" posts on this forum, specifically the "cowboys fans hate their qb" thread, and I'd like to clear some things up.

The media is ripping Romo, as the thread suggested. Schaub was benched, Rivers threw 3 ints in the 4th to lose the game, Eli threw 3 picks, but after Romo's day where he out-dueled Peyton, everyone's talking about Romo because that gets publicity. Us fans have to live with that.

Fans do not hate Romo. Incompetent fans do, but people who were paying attention saw that as Tony's arm went forward, LT Tyron smith was shoved into him, AND he tripped over his Center's ankle, messing up his throwing motion and causing him to underthrow. He was falling when he let go of the ball. The interception, even with Romo's "choker" label, was not his fault.

Edit:

His left foot was clearly rolled on by LT Tyron Smith as he was throwing. Just on of those crazy things, wasn't a "choke"
    Last edited by TeamCowboys; 10-07-2013, 10:45 AM.

It's not his fault Tony decided to throw in the middle of 3 Broncos defenders when Murray was literally standing there with NO ONE around him?

ORRRLLLYYYYYY???????

Comment

Demarco Murray says, "What the hell Tony???"

Comment

Originally posted by TeamCowboys View Post
        I have seen a lot of "Romo's a choker" posts on this forum, specifically the "cowboys fans hate their qb" thread, and I'd like to clear some things up.

The media is ripping Romo, as the thread suggested. Schaub was benched, Rivers threw 3 ints in the 4th to lose the game, Eli threw 3 picks, but after Romo's day where he out-dueled Peyton, everyone's talking about Romo because that gets publicity. Us fans have to live with that.

Fans do not hate Romo. Incompetent fans do, but people who were paying attention saw that as Tony's arm went forward, LT Tyron smith was shoved into him, AND he tripped over his Center's ankle, messing up his throwing motion and causing him to underthrow. He was falling when he let go of the ball. The interception, even with Romo's "choker" label, was not his fault.
        Without the shove and trip, Romo would have still attempted a throw into double coverage instead of recognizing a wide open Murray. Keep believing Jerry's big investment was the right choice.

Comment

I think the official may have blocked Romo's view of Trevathan. Paterno used to stack his Backers to hide them from the QB. Something similar may have happened accidentally. Tony Romo is a great player. The only way for him to change the perception held by some that he is a choker is to win it all.

Blaming Romo for yesterday's loss is silly. Win as a team and lose as a team. Denver's D is getting ripped as we speak for giving up 48 even though Denver's O turned the ball over twice. Dallas has problems that begin at the top. They are lucky to have Romo.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

IF romo threw the INT in the 1st quarter and finished with the same stat line the story is the Defense in Dallas. Its because of when he threw the INT that its a story.

Comment

Not sure if you're aware of this, but this is a Broncos message board. There's no need for a new topic on "Romo's int" on this forum, there's plenty of other places for you to provide your input. I don't care if you like Romo or not, and I'm sure most people here don't either - seeing as how it has nothing to do with our team.

Also, I would argue that Peyton "outdueled" Romo, look at the scoreboard.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                It's not his fault Tony decided to throw in the middle of 3 Broncos defenders when Murray was literally standing there with NO ONE around him?

ORRRLLLYYYYYY???????
                Tony was looking at Esco the entire time, it was a designed play. And, as you can see if Romo didn't underthrow, that very well may have been a completion.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  I think the official may have blocked Romo's view of Trevathan. Paterno used to stack his Backers to hide them from the QB. Something similar may have happened accidentally. Tony Romo is a great player. The only way for him to change the perception held by some that he is a choker is to win it all.

Blaming Romo for yesterday's loss is silly. Win as a team and lose as a team. Denver's D is getting ripped as we speak for giving up 48 even though Denver's O turned the ball over twice. Dallas has problems that begin at the top. They are lucky to have Romo.
                  Sam you may have the most technical knowledge of football of any fan on this forum, but you have a coach's mentality to a fault.

Comment

Great insight.

Comment

Tony was looking at Esco the entire time, it was a designed play. And, as you can see if Romo didn't underthrow, that very well may have been a completion.
                      So you are saying he was staring down one receiver the entire play? We really shouldn't be playing the if game on that either. Doesn't help your argument as to why this wasn't Tony's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                        So you are saying he was staring down one receiver the entire play? We really shouldn't be playing the if game on that either. Doesn't help your argument as to why this wasn't Tony's fault.
                        I'm saying: he didn't choke. He tripped while he was letting go of the ball. I blame about 4% of this loss on Romo.

I blame the other 96% on the Defense, who couldn't stop anyone.

Comment

I'm saying: he didn't choke. He tripped while he was letting go of the ball. I blame about 4% of this loss on Romo.

I blame the other 96% on the Defense, who couldn't stop anyone.
                          It was essentially 0-0 when Romo took the field on his last drive.

Comment

Romo should be proud of his game play in this game. He was amazing. The INT was unfortunate and at a bad time in the game, but he played lights out.

I'm not putting much stock in the whole foot tripping thing, because I don't really feel it effected the pass or caused the INT. I personally believe Trev made the play. It was not an 'easy' interception for him to catch.
                            My mom disowned me for being a Broncos fan, while she is a Packers fan.

Comment

I disagree with that.

Tony had full view of Danny before he threw the ball. He even saw Murray in view from the under also. Like the Cowboys fan said, Tony went into full tunnel vision staring down that one receiver.

Comment

Working...
                              X